Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 02:12 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,425,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
Pushing an expensive car into a river in a country where most people are lucky to have bus money, the gap between rich and poor is amazing. I guarantee a gang of guys will figure out a way to rescue that car.
If they do, it would be amazing. Not only in money, but the amount of effort. Those things are wired to the gills (no pun intended).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2019, 02:18 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,957,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
I hope he gets a heavy fine for polluting the river. And I hope his father never buys him another thing. I've heard of Bride-zillas, but never a Birthday-zilla.
In my limited experience, boys from wealthy Indian families are heavily indulged from birth. It comes with a price: They're expected to stay in line. An Indian guy I worked with wanted to take flying lessons but his father said no. And that was final. When my coworker and his wife had a child, they sent it to India to be raised by his family.

I could not imagine doing that.

Old 08-10-2019, 06:22 PM

3,133 posts, read 2,256,609 times
Should have saved the BMW and tossed the brat into the river!

Old 08-10-2019, 07:40 PM

9,412 posts, read 11,159,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edvard View Post
A family friend bought their spoiled son an older Ferarri for his 17th birthday. He took a baseball bat to it in a rage because he wanted "the good one" whatever that is. They fixed the car, sold it and got him a bicycle. He wouldn't ride it, but he got the message. About six months of bumming a ride he ended up buying an older Ford Ranger from a car lot. He may still have it. His Dad isn't buying him anything and it almost resulted in divorce but he stuck to it.
Hoo boy! I think I saw this kid in the dictionary recently, under piece of work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
I hope he gets a heavy fine for polluting the river. And I hope his father never buys him another thing. I've heard of Bride-zillas, but never a Birthday-zilla.
The old man should take away his shoes too. Obviously transportation is no big deal to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
Should have saved the BMW and tossed the brat into the river!
Kills two birds with one stone. Not to advocate killing birds. All they're doing is trying to make a living every day, in a dangerous and deadly world.

Old 08-10-2019, 08:16 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,476,108 times
attachment causes suffering

Old 08-10-2019, 09:55 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,524,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I guess he really had his heart set on a Jaguar, the ungrateful spoilt idiot.

Oh man......third world problems

Old 08-10-2019, 09:59 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edvard View Post
A family friend bought their spoiled son an older Ferarri for his 17th birthday. He took a baseball bat to it in a rage because he wanted "the good one" whatever that is. They fixed the car, sold it and got him a bicycle. He wouldn't ride it, but he got the message. About six months of bumming a ride he ended up buying an older Ford Ranger from a car lot. He may still have it. His Dad isn't buying him anything and it almost resulted in divorce but he stuck to it.
Few parents who spoil their kids ever wake up. Glad this parent did.

Old 08-10-2019, 10:06 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
attachment causes suffering
Again?

Old 08-11-2019, 08:14 AM

17,614 posts, read 17,656,125 times
When I was in the Navy this new guy in our division came from a wealthy family. He went to college to party instead of study. Dad got fed up and told him either he joins the military as an enlisted or he will be cut out from the family fortune forever. Here he was trying to work in the engine room of a steam driven ship. The place was over 110 degrees with plenty of humidity from the steam. We sometimes washed our clothes in a bucket while on watch and hang them to dry around the engine (two stories tall). We knew he was doing laundry because only he was crazy enough to wear expensive silk paisley boxer shorts. Eventually he had to switch to plain white cotton like the rest of us.

Old 08-11-2019, 08:16 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,322,407 times
Heard on the news many years ago: this father bought a brand new Mercedes-Benz SUV for his 16-year-old daughter's birthday. And that morning on her birthday she drove it on a highway and got into a big accident and died. How painful for her parents.

Some people had too much money and did not know how to use it wisely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events