Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 05:55 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,948,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
The cartel are terrorists... plain and simple. They are here, they kill innocent Americans on our soil. Americans are complicit by using the poison they sell, but like I said cut the head of the snake off. Open season on all terrorists. Sicario

Clear and present danger
This wasn't on our soil.

This was THEIR soil.

American's aren't "complicit by using the poison they sell" but rather, Americans have CREATED these cartels by our unquenchable demand for their illegal drugs at any cost.

If we'd either 1. legalize drugs OR 2. somehow stem our desire for illegal drugs, and our willingness to pay outrageous prices for them, these cartels would dry up.

We've met the enemy, and it is us. - Pogo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2019, 05:58 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,557,244 times
That sect is very violent themselves. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ervil_LeBaron

Old 11-05-2019, 06:23 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,948,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
That sect is very violent themselves. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ervil_LeBaron
Gracious.

We got no business getting in the middle of the Hatfields and McCoys, in Mexico.

Old 11-05-2019, 06:33 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This wasn't on our soil.

This was THEIR soil.

American's aren't "complicit by using the poison they sell" but rather, Americans have CREATED these cartels by our unquenchable demand for their illegal drugs at any cost.

If we'd either 1. legalize drugs OR 2. somehow stem our desire for illegal drugs, and our willingness to pay outrageous prices for them, these cartels would dry up.

We've met the enemy, and it is us. - Pogo
Exactly, this is what Trump doesnt understand! WE have created the cartels and made them successful with our drug laws.

Just look at the DEA...literally everything they do benefits the drug cartels!

Old 11-05-2019, 06:52 PM

23,218 posts, read 29,034,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
This is why I gave up going to Mexico. Far too dangerous.
So instead you go to some place really safe like Las Vegas, where a 63YO Caucasian male shot 600 people at the Harvest Festival a couple years ago.

After Polygamy was outlawed, over a century ago in Utah, many of them fled south to Arizona or to Northern Mexico to continue practicing polygamy.

IMO, they were mistaken.

Old 11-05-2019, 06:55 PM

656 posts, read 1,375,121 times
It's not the Mexican drug cartels' job to supply drugs to US citizens. That's why we have the CIA and their black budget and shadow ops. Cut the head off that snake so our own snake can prosper like it has since Laos and before.

Old 11-05-2019, 07:16 PM

13,252 posts, read 7,300,036 times
Polygamy is alive and well right here in the US. I live in AZ if you drive though towns along I-40 see compounds with a wall around 2 to 3 two story homes. I don't think they can legally get married even in Mexico to more then one spouse not sure why they bother to stay in Mexico. The incident while shocking is it any different then the mass shootings we have had in the last few years?

What I don't like about Mexico is the corruption in law enforcement, and legal system. In Mexico your guilty until proven innocent example is someone I know drove their car to Mexico they got insurance before they crossed the border. They hit a cow, and their car was totaled car was worth 3-4k wasn't that much of a loss.

There wasn't anyone around so they got a ride from someone else when they called the insurance company they said to just get a taxi and cross back over the border leave the car behind they would take care of it. The reason was the farmer could have them arrested held until it is determined how much loss he incurred what are you going to do pay whatever they want to get out of jail. The insurance company had people in Mexico who took care of it and paid the Farmer so they told them.

Last edited by kell490; 11-05-2019 at 07:26 PM..

Old 11-05-2019, 08:04 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Vice news did a story on the Mormon families living in Mexico their struggles there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpIyaIHsJbc
That's good stuff, thanks for posting, everyone should see this.

Old 11-05-2019, 10:14 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Polygamy is alive and well right here in the US. I live in AZ if you drive though towns along I-40 see compounds with a wall around 2 to 3 two story homes. I don't think they can legally get married even in Mexico to more then one spouse not sure why they bother to stay in Mexico. The incident while shocking is it any different then the mass shootings we have had in the last few years?

What I don't like about Mexico is the corruption in law enforcement, and legal system. In Mexico your guilty until proven innocent example is someone I know drove their car to Mexico they got insurance before they crossed the border. They hit a cow, and their car was totaled car was worth 3-4k wasn't that much of a loss.

There wasn't anyone around so they got a ride from someone else when they called the insurance company they said to just get a taxi and cross back over the border leave the car behind they would take care of it. The reason was the farmer could have them arrested held until it is determined how much loss he incurred what are you going to do pay whatever they want to get out of jail. The insurance company had people in Mexico who took care of it and paid the Farmer so they told them.
The US is just as corrupt, the only difference is, in the US, its more secretive and hidden, its not as blatantly out in the open as it is in Mexico.

For example in the US, wealthy people can pay to get out of crimes, but average Joes cannot, they are not even given the chance (because its known they are not wealthy and cannot afford it), In Mexico, ANYONE can pay to get out of things, they dont 'discriminate' in other words! LOL

Old 11-06-2019, 03:32 AM

5,869 posts, read 4,207,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post

Drugs are like an ideology, and the cartels are the followers. We can not defeat an ideology, but we can remove the head of the snake. Plan accordingly.
Drugs are only a sub-sector of an ideology: Free Market Economics.

Here's another video about the long running war between the Mormons and the cartels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3P-qfaICSI#t=755s

Last edited by cebuan; 11-06-2019 at 04:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events