Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2019, 10:12 AM

1,159 posts, read 623,341 times

Advertisements

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...-asia-50535937

I don't listen to this kind of music so I don't know who this was, but still sad nonetheless. She was recently hospitalized for a suicide attempt not too long ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2019, 11:47 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,490,060 times
Never heard of her. Don't really care. Most of us die will without the news media considering us worthy of a few words other than a short obit. She's already garnered more attention than most of us will receive from MSM and the public at large. Too bad she couldn't find something worth living for.

Old 11-24-2019, 11:53 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,937,484 times
Well said, Javacoffee.

Old 11-24-2019, 02:39 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,051,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Never heard of her. Don't really care.
Then why comment?

Old 11-24-2019, 03:17 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,937,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Then why comment?
For the same reason you did? Actually there was more to that post and it had good points.
Did you read it?

Old 11-24-2019, 03:22 PM

4,430 posts, read 2,721,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Then why comment?
Some people totally don't care so much that they really need you to know how much they totally don't care...

Old 11-24-2019, 04:40 PM

6,476 posts, read 4,009,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
For the same reason you did? Actually there was more to that post and it had good points.
Did you read it?
I read it. It's probably a little soon after the untimely death of a fellow human being, possibly at their own hand, for callous "so what?" posts. I have no idea what kind of personal pain she may have had that caused her to feel life was no longer worth living and to take her life, if that is what happened, so I am not going to pass judgment on it and will only feel sad if she had that pain. Or, if it was not suicide, then I'm sure an accident or sudden illness were not pleasant and again, I feel it is too bad that she had to go through it. I also do not know who she is, her death does not personally affect me in any way, and don't feel that a person's life is worth more if they're "famous" or "attractive," but it doesn't mean I feel the need to make insensitive remarks about someone's death. They were a person and their life and death matters, even if they were not personally important to me. If I don't care, then I see the headline, shrug, and move on without comment.

The deaths of well-known people are in the news all the time. Why the sudden rant against this one?

Old 11-24-2019, 05:51 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,051,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
I read it. It's probably a little soon after the untimely death of a fellow human being, possibly at their own hand, for callous "so what?" posts.
Exactly. It's fine if you don't know who it is, but yo say who cares? Plenty of people care about the death of another human. That person has family, friends, fans, lots of people who cared about her and are upset by her death.

I just wonder how the poster would feel if a close friend or family member died tragically, and saw comments on social media saying "Who cares. Everyone does." If it's not something you would want to see posted about someone's death, then why post such things about another person's loved one? It's not like your required to post on every thread. There's no quota you need to make each day. Instead of proclaiming that you don't care that someone is dead, just move on to something you do care about.

Old 11-24-2019, 06:49 PM

29,528 posts, read 22,740,295 times
Another K-pop star died not too long ago.

This woman's case was particularly sad, as she suffered from sexual abuse and not only did her attacker get a slap on the wrist, she continued to get harassed and bullied online.

Sure, one could say that she had issues before, but who wouldn't when they were abused and then treated like an animal because of it?

Old 11-24-2019, 09:06 PM

6,713 posts, read 5,958,516 times
K-pop is a brutal gig. Performers are recruited at an early age, go through ruthless training & rehearsing, eat strict diets, make little money, and are chewed up and spat out by their mid-20s when they no longer resemble ultra-thin 15-year-olds.

The entertainment business in the U.S. is brutal, too, but Korea's may be worse. Sad that a young woman would end her life this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events