Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2019, 03:12 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,937,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Except no one said it. I said that I wished a certain poster was as concerned about measles and chickenpox as she is about polio.
Except YOU did SAY IT. See post #248 in this thread. And I quote you from post #248:

I wish you could be as afraid of measles and chickenpox as you are of polio.

You did not say "concerned" you said "AFRAID." Fear mongering. And comparing chicken pox to polio.

Yes, let's terrorize people into getting vaccinated for the deathly chicken pox. And yes I had it, as did my entire school at one point or another. It was not a big deal. No one was AFRAID OF CHICKEN POX. The only people who were really affected were the teachers who were drowning keeping up with the homework and makeup assignments.

Old 12-08-2019, 03:13 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,937,310 times
Quote:
Yes.

https://www.voanews.com/science-heal...HFbhgWqIOrrcyc
WHO Decries 'Collective Failure' as Measles Kills 140,000
So you are against medical freedom and against free speech. There are a few countries that also hold these views. I've heard they aren't very nice places to live, but whatever.

Old 12-08-2019, 03:29 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Except YOU did SAY IT. See post #248 in this thread. And I quote you from post #248:

I wish you could be as afraid of measles and chickenpox as you are of polio.

You did not say "concerned" you said "AFRAID." Fear mongering. And comparing chicken pox to polio.

Yes, let's terrorize people into getting vaccinated for the deathly chicken pox. And yes I had it, as did my entire school at one point or another. It was not a big deal. No one was AFRAID OF CHICKEN POX. The only people who were really affected were the teachers who were drowning keeping up with the homework and makeup assignments.
The poster thinks people who don't vaccinate their kids for polio are negligent, but disputes the need for measles or chickenpox vaccine.

Old 12-08-2019, 03:40 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Denial of bail and two years in jail for this? You think that’s ok?
You can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shouti...rowded_theater
100 years old now, Schenck vs US.

And that's US law. Who knows what Samoan law says?

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 12-08-2019 at 04:35 PM..

Old 12-08-2019, 04:02 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,604 posts, read 17,935,039 times
Quote:
The poster thinks people who don't vaccinate their kids for polio are negligent, but disputes the need for measles or chickenpox vaccine.
If you're referring to me, I absolutely didn't say we don't need the MMR vaccine. I said we need to be an informed public, and I'm put off when information isn't given or is hushed up.

I said I chose, and am happy with my choice, not to vax my kids for chicken pox.

MMR I absolutely did, as I believe is required by the school district. Regardless, I would have chosen to anyway.

I wonder why the chicken pox vax isn't required while polio, MMR, hep are . . . no, actually I don't wonder.

Old 12-08-2019, 04:03 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
Quote:
You can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shouti...rowded_theater
100 years old now.

And that's US law.
This was overturned as precedent in 1969 by Brandenburg Vs. Ohio.

Quote:
Who knows what Samoan law says?
This is what he was charged with.

https://www.ilo.org/dyn/natlex/docs/...579%202015.pdf

Quote:
41. Inciting to hostility – A person is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 2 years who with the intention of undermining the authority of the Government of Samoa, or to incite violence or hostility against the Government of Samoa, or between different classes of inhabitants of Samoa, or to change any matter affecting the laws, government, or Constitution of or any religious observance of Samoa:
(a) uses or speaks any words; or
(b) publishes anything,–
in circumstances where there is a present risk of lawlessness, violence or disorder in Samoa.

Old 12-08-2019, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
If you're referring to me, I absolutely didn't say we don't need the MMR vaccine. I said we need to be an informed public, and I'm put off when information isn't given.

I said I chose, and am happy with my choice, not to vax my kids for chicken pox.

MMR I absolutely did, as I believe is required by the school district. Regardless, I would have chosen to anyway.

I wonder why the chicken pox vax isn't required while polio, MMR, hep are . . . no, actually I don't wonder.

Chicken pox vaccine is required for schools today.

Old 12-08-2019, 04:18 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,604 posts, read 17,935,039 times
Quote:
Chicken pox vaccine is required for schools today.
Ah. Yes. It's been added.

Old 12-08-2019, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Ah. Yes. It's been added.
Yep, they keep adding new things. NY is currently trying to add HPV to the mandated schedule and at the same time trying to pass a law which would allow kids to be vaccinated for HPV at school without their parents’ knowledge or consent. Two very concerning pieces of pending legislation. The vaccine mandate lists grows constantly. I can only imagine what it will be like for my future grandkids.

Old 12-08-2019, 04:28 PM

37,101 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
Everyone is anonymous here. Your defensiveness over that blog makes me wonder if Skeptical Raptor is a friend of yours.

You’re fine with a two year jail sentence for handing out vitamins and questioning vaccines?

Sorry, you can’t scare me about chicken pox because I had it and remember it well. Try someone younger who doesn’t know better.
I have no idea who Raptor is.

I do not care what you remember. Measles and chickenpox still kill more people than polio does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
That's exactly why my first analogy was best. If the parents would not have agreed to vaccination; their child would not have died.
If you never put your child in a motor vehicle he will never die in a crash.

"If only I had not let her go to the grocery store with me."

Same logic.

Quote:
No that is not the article I was referring to at all. This is, page 7:

https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/fi...s_outbreak.pdf

Vaccine-derived measles counts. I not; the Disneyland outbreak would have only been for 73 cases.
That is only the cases that were genotyped. Not all were. Only 104 were genotyped out of over 2400 PCR tests.

The genotyping is done to exclude rashes from people being vaccinated.

People who have recently been vaccinated who have a rash:

Genotype A: vaccine rash. No further followup needed.

Outbreak genotype: outbreak case, even though vaccinated.

Genotyping also helps identify where the virus came from. The Disney strain was circulating in the Philippines.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/disney-...e-philippines/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events