Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2020, 10:30 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I will admit if I were a passenger on the flight, that T-shirt might make me a bit nervous!

I wonder how that would work out if some Muslims with their religious garb came aboard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2020, 10:40 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
You guys are all up in arms about a freaking shirt. Jeeez! You don't understand the purpose of the Satanic Temple either and the satire used as part of their outreach as a religious organization. Grow up and chill out people and stop acting like ancient ignorant people allowing your fear to say asinine crap!

Quote:
The Satanic Temple has utilized satire, theatrical ploys, humor, and direct legal action in their public campaigns to "generate attention and prompt people to reevaluate fears and perceptions", and to "highlight religious hypocrisy and encroachment on religious freedom".

The Temple uses the literary Satan as a metaphor to promote pragmatic skepticism, rational reciprocity, personal autonomy, and curiosity. Satan is thus used as a symbol representing "the eternal rebel" against arbitrary authority and social norms.
And vague dress codes are practically useless in America where there is so much diversification of stupidity and woo woo!

I wonder what would happen if someone wore a T-shirt with a Bible or Koranic verse on it?

Old 01-07-2020, 10:43 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miso Blu View Post
Anyone with a sense of humor should have seen it for what it was, a joke, and moved on with their life. If it wasn't intended as a joke, so what? People with MAGA hats are offensive to me but I don't stomp my foot and complain about their questionable fashion choices. If an airline is going to have a dress code that restricts one religious group (if Satanists have a temple they have a religion) then restrict all of them. No outward displays of religious affiliation, period.

That's too reasonable!

Old 01-07-2020, 11:05 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladlensky View Post
Are they plane-safe?

Old 01-07-2020, 11:51 AM

50,946 posts, read 36,646,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
I wonder how that would work out if some Muslims with their religious garb came aboard.
I might be nervous not gonna lie. It depends, if it was a family not so much as a group of men. I wouldn’t say anything in either case though.

Old 01-07-2020, 12:08 PM

4,430 posts, read 2,718,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
The 19 hijackers on 9/11, 2001.

The 'shoe bomber' that same year.

The 'underwear bomber' in 2009.

None of them wore religious garb, for the same reason that Soviet spies didn't run around waving copies of Das Kapital and undercover LEOs don't wear their badges. But it plays right into the hands of extremists when people fail to notice this and harass travelers who are just ... traveling.

Old 01-07-2020, 12:37 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,661,437 times
Hey it could be worse... "
Naked man attempts to board flight at Moscow airport, claims nudity makes him more 'aerodynamic'

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/naked...re-aerodynamic

Old 01-07-2020, 04:23 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,899,337 times
If they are in fact a legit Satan worshipper they will potentially win the lawsuit....

Either way this is a direct violation of freedom of speech.

Old 03-05-2020, 08:20 PM

5,072 posts, read 2,188,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
There used to be a time people actually dressed with class for airline flights, but anyhow, that's besides the point. Flight staff need to lighten up and start doing their jobs properly and focus on more important things.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-a9238931.html
Well they would sure hate my Satanic shirts then!

Old 03-06-2020, 04:16 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,428,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Well they would sure hate my Satanic shirts then!
And my Hail Seitan!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events