Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 05:19 AM

23,860 posts, read 33,523,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
A newer article, not much new information.

Her mother states she wouldn't leave with people she didn't know; yet, that's apparently exactly what she did.

I wonder what happened to her friends who went to the bar with her? They just let her leave? That's what friends are for when you go out - to stop you from leaving with men you don't know.

https://www.insideedition.com/the-ch...week-ago-57767
Would be nice if cops would release pics of the guys. I assume they've gotten the data from her cell phone. Hopefully she had trackers like google maps on it.

The Chilling Last Text This Alabama Woman Sent Before Disappearing Over a Week Ago
Quote:
She later sent a troubling text from her phone. "I don't know who I'm with, so if I call, please answer. I feel in trouble," she wrote to a friend.

Paighton had gone for drinks with a few friends to see live music at a bar called the Tin Roof, police said. She left about 10:45 p.m., accompanied by two heavy-set African-American men, authorities said.

She appeared to leave willingly, police said. Investigators are reviewing surveillance video from the club, but have not publicly released it. Paighton sent the worrying text a little after midnight, officers said.
Quote:
She said in her text to her friend that she didn't know them.
I do wonder why she would leave with 2 guys that were bigger then her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2019, 07:11 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,580 posts, read 17,923,325 times
A tiny bit of new information.

This article is written in the form of rough notes taken at a vigil for Paighton. Includes the information that video surveillance from the bar has not been helpful, and the two men her friends say she left the bar with have not been identified. (Is it possible they don't believe the friend's statements?)

https://abc3340.com/news/local/famil...ussville-woman

Old 12-31-2019, 07:28 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,518,461 times
I don't think the size of the men she left with is the problem here. Not sure why some are focusing on that.

Old 12-31-2019, 08:37 AM

2,176 posts, read 1,322,083 times
Quote:
My first reaction to your post is, "that seems harsh".

On the other hand, I'm a little surprised a 29 year old would leave a bar with two big men she didn't know. And her friends would look the other way.

That's the stuff 21 year olds do. Or in the past, 18 year olds did when drinking was legal for them.
Unless, her drinks were tampered with and she was drugged...?

Old 12-31-2019, 08:40 AM

2,176 posts, read 1,322,083 times
Quote:
She said in her text to her friend that she didn't know them.
Wonder if the police could trace the location when the message was sent?
Unless she texted from a moving car?
Looks really bad- she could be trafficked to another state, locked up, drugged and sold for sex?

Old 12-31-2019, 08:46 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

The more I think about this, the more suspect this story seems.

Leaving with "two large black men" sounds awfully similar to the bushy haired stranger.

Who were these friends? Men, or long term trusted women?

Interesting that the bar video was "unhelpful".

Old 12-31-2019, 08:54 AM

3,639 posts, read 1,596,085 times
It's been 10 days now. That's a long time not to hear from her.

This is weird:

"She was seen leaving with two men. A friend says she saw them from across the bar and she cannot identify the men."

Was she at a bar sitting alone? Dd she know her friend was there? We need more info from the friend.

Old 12-31-2019, 10:34 AM

23,860 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik4me View Post
Wonder if the police could trace the location when the message was sent?
Unless she texted from a moving car?
Looks really bad- she could be trafficked to another state, locked up, drugged and sold for sex?
That's what I said that hopefully LE have gotten all the data off of her phone; and her social media.

Quote:
The more I think about this, the more suspect this story seems.

Leaving with "two large black men" sounds awfully similar to the bushy haired stranger.

Who were these friends? Men, or long term trusted women?

Interesting that the bar video was "unhelpful".
Agree. I wonder if them leaving together was even on the video and if there were even 2 big African American men or just her "friends". We've seen that before where friends get in fights, one of the friends is then missing.

I don't hold out much hope that she's still alive.

Old 12-31-2019, 11:15 AM

A little change in the story. Her mom says she'd "driven to the bar earlier that day with a coworker", and it was the "coworker" who received the distress text.

So.

Is the coworker male or female?

Does anyone recall seeing her in the bar that day?

https://ktla.com/2019/12/31/an-alaba...d-mother-says/

Old 12-31-2019, 11:48 AM

319 posts, read 145,334 times
Quote:
A little change in the story. Her mom says she'd "driven to the bar earlier that day with a coworker", and it was the "coworker" who received the distress text.

So.

Is the coworker male or female?

Does anyone recall seeing her in the bar that day?

https://ktla.com/2019/12/31/an-alaba...d-mother-says/
The coworker probably murdered her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events