Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2019, 07:49 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 13 days ago)

35,645 posts, read 18,006,664 times

Advertisements

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/aust...-south-austin/

The details of this story are all over the place, and very hard to follow with all the loose ends and conflicting details.

Heidi Broussard dropped her son off at an elementary school and went in to briefly attend the book fair. There's a photo of her inside the school.

Later her son wasn't picked up from school (at regular dismissal time or at 6, stories conflict) so the father of the baby (either the mother's fiance or they're separated) got a call and he picked the boy up. Then he went back to their (or just her) home to find the door open (or not) and the mom and baby gone.

He had either gotten there at 2 p.m. already (or not) and didn't know there was a problem until the school called him at 6 (or at regular dismissal time) to pick up the son.

Heidi's car is in the parking lot of her (or their) apartment complex, her purse and baby's diaper bag are in the apartment, as well as her dead phone. Nothing is missing at all from the apartment.

Last known sighting of her was at the school, at about 8 a.m.

Her hair color is now black - it appears she dyed it black after the birth of the baby, so her picture in the hospital with light brown highlighted hair is no longer current.

She has numerous close friends on facebook pleading for her safe return, and of course, the buzzards have landed and are picking apart the baby's father for his word choices and style of pleading.

Last edited by ClaraC; 12-14-2019 at 07:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2019, 07:58 AM

4,993 posts, read 5,298,975 times
That's scary. They didn't mention postpartum depression as a possibility. Hope mother and baby are found safe soon.

Old 12-14-2019, 03:54 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 13 days ago)

This case has taken a very ominous turn.

Everyone who knows her has gone completely silent. Tumbleweeds are blowing through facebook pages where her dear friends begged for witnesses and prayers. Now, every few hours someone says "any updates? Shared in Tennessee" and that kind of thing.

The family, that was on the phone with reporters as they drove in from out of state yesterday, is silent today.

I was going to that part of town on an errand today and decided to drive by the apartment complex, and there was nothing going on. No police presence, no taping off of the overflowing dumpsters, nobody handing out flyers to be distributed, etc.

Someone knows somethin'.

Old 12-15-2019, 10:20 AM

The story was featured on Good Morning America.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=815179345577779

Nothing really new, except he makes it clear her cell phone is missing, which was not made clear earlier.

Old 12-15-2019, 05:49 PM

New video that's extremely difficult to watch. This should dispel any feelings that the fiance is responsible.

Clears up the timeline a little - when he got home and found that Heidi wasn't home, but her car and belongings were in the apartment, he assumed she was in the complex at a friend's house, which is typical. Then when "day care" called - sounds like they had after school care - he picked his son up. Called around to her friends because her phone was dead, and then called the police. The door that's been reported open was her car door, not their apartment door.

https://www.fox7austin.com/video/635...Uq9EyZz4_zgaWc

Old 12-16-2019, 02:31 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,020,365 times
This definitely does not sound good.

Old 12-16-2019, 10:02 PM

FBI and Texas Rangers joining Austin Police Department and Texas Equusearch in trying to find her and the baby.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/lo...4-69cd2a13a16e

In my observation, this is not the case of a boyfriend killing them, or the case of some woman wandering off.

This is a case of "all hands on deck", someone has grabbed a woman and baby off the street.

And the public in general is not safe. Because someone grabbed this mother and baby off the street.

And all these organizations completely recognize that. Someone has grabbed this woman and baby.

Last edited by ClaraC; 12-16-2019 at 10:20 PM..

Old 12-17-2019, 08:03 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,012,880 times
The area in which they live isn't great. Those apartments have had a lot of criminal activity.

I have a hard time believing someone abducted them in broad daylight, but I guess it's a possibility. Maybe a crazy woman wanted a baby?

Can't rule out the fiance unless he has an air tight alibi. Have they said anything about that yet?

Old 12-17-2019, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
The area in which they live isn't great. Those apartments have had a lot of criminal activity.

I have a hard time believing someone abducted them in broad daylight, but I guess it's a possibility. Maybe a crazy woman wanted a baby?

Can't rule out the fiance unless he has an air tight alibi. Have they said anything about that yet?
Yes. His timeline is tightening up, but there's a 4 hour window where he is home and unaccounted for, which some find suspicious.

I just don't. When I look at him, I see sincerity. To me, (and I follow missing persons almost obsessively) his story rings true.

I think the fact that the FBI, Texas Rangers, APD, and Equusearch are all involved at this time points to the fact they think there's a kidnapper on the loose.

Old 12-17-2019, 08:57 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,012,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I think the fact that the FBI, Texas Rangers, APD, and Equusearch are all involved at this time points to the fact they think there's a kidnapper on the loose.
Doesn't mean anything, really. They should be involved regardless of who's to blame. It just means they're trying to figure it out and find her.

I also wondered if she had postpartum and had an episode. There are a few possibilities to explore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events