Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2020, 05:50 PM

13,389 posts, read 6,410,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
He passed away today. I feel sorry for his children who lost a mother who loved them. The good thing about his passing it saves us from a trial and supporting him in prison for the rest if his life. I have no pity for him.
Maybe, maybe not.

His crazy lawyer has filed a motion to let his estate stand trial in his place in order to "clear his name".

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...icide-n1126401
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2020, 05:57 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,748,914 times
Lawyer must be trying to make a name for himself, get publicity out of this. The man was guilty as sin - cops found so much, just not the body. I hope his girlfriend comes clean now and tells the authorities where the body is so that the grandparents and children can bury her and have closure and move on.

I don't think that the state is going to try his estate to clear the man's name. It's a waste of taxpayer dollars.

Old 01-30-2020, 06:46 PM

34,750 posts, read 16,767,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcuit View Post
Not sure if we have an active thread on this case as it started months ago, but my local news is reporting that the husband of Jennifer Dulos was found dead this morning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
Now reports say he made an attempt, but is not dead.
Let's see if I understand the logic; a person who is likely destined to spend his life in jail for murder gets out on $6,000,000 bail backed by phony collateral. He tries to kill himself and gets some of the world's best medical care. For what purpose?

Luckily the piece of primate garbage is dead anyway.

Old 01-30-2020, 06:54 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,222,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
Fotis Dulos?

That sounds like something you get vaccinated against before travelling to Cameroon...
to my American brain name sounds really ridiculous

Old 01-30-2020, 07:08 PM

13,389 posts, read 6,410,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
Lawyer must be trying to make a name for himself, get publicity out of this. The man was guilty as sin - cops found so much, just not the body. I hope his girlfriend comes clean now and tells the authorities where the body is so that the grandparents and children can bury her and have closure and move on.

I don't think that the state is going to try his estate to clear the man's name. It's a waste of taxpayer dollars.
Yeah, I don't think the lawyers motion to try the estate will fly either.

Not sure the girlfriend knows where the body is. He doesn't seem like the type who would trust anyone enough to share that info. Plus, seems like she could have traded that info for her freedom a long time ago.

I'm just glad they were able to keep the kids away from him because he seemed like someone who would have taken them out with him.

Old 01-30-2020, 07:43 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,141,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
And see how much they can scavenge? Maybe that sounds unfair but the Dulos estate should be held in trust for the children.
You got a good point there - it could be a case of the vultures descending, that sounds harsh and I hope that is not the case. I think the only heirs to whatever is left of the estate should be the kids with the maternal grandma as executor, she seems to be a smart woman. I am hoping they are not thinking of seeking custody of the kids. I think the maternal grandma should be their guardian.

Old 01-30-2020, 08:47 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,913,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Yeah, I don't think the lawyers motion to try the estate will fly either.

Not sure the girlfriend knows where the body is. He doesn't seem like the type who would trust anyone enough to share that info. Plus, seems like she could have traded that info for her freedom a long time ago.

I'm just glad they were able to keep the kids away from him because he seemed like someone who would have taken them out with him.
I think you're right; he did seem like the type to do that. I'm also glad that the kids were away from him and safe with their grandmother.

Old 01-30-2020, 11:10 PM

13,273 posts, read 8,392,925 times
since there was no verdict this fellow is not a criminal. He was brought in on charges that didnt see a trial.

Unsure if we still live in a society where unless the verdict is in the person is deserving of due process. Some folks here seem to forget that portion,

Children lost both their parents. SHow some restraint as in years to come they may actually see your comments.

Old 01-30-2020, 11:26 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,141,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
since there was no verdict this fellow is not a criminal. He was brought in on charges that didnt see a trial.

Unsure if we still live in a society where unless the verdict is in the person is deserving of due process. Some folks here seem to forget that portion,

Children lost both their parents. SHow some restraint as in years to come they may actually see your comments.
They are orphans in a blink of an eye and I think they are still very young. I keep thinking there are five of them and maybe being very close and united will give them a sense of security and their grandma, who seems like she's on top of things and very smart, will help them through the next couple of years as they grow into adults. They'll always have each other. Sometimes I wished I had more brothers and sisters, I think there is just more of a feeling of someone watching your back, several watching your back instead of the one or two sibling.

Old 01-31-2020, 06:25 AM

16,390 posts, read 12,405,212 times
I hope that grandma takes the steps to legally change the childrens' last name to minimize the chances of this story following them around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events