Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2023, 03:36 PM

2,462 posts, read 2,481,580 times

Advertisements

This has been the lead news story in OK all week. Literally thousands of searchers continue to comb the tiny community and surrounding area. Even soldiers at nearby Ft. Sill have joined the search.

https://www.koco.com/article/oklahom...-know/42465638
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2023, 03:59 PM

15,252 posts, read 12,967,886 times
One wonders where are the parents? And what do the Adamses know?

Old 01-13-2023, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
One wonders where are the parents? And what do the Adamses know?

I don't know if the parents whereabouts have been reported. Ivon Adams was just arrested in AZ on a murder warrant. I don't know who he allegedly murdered or if it's related. It sounds like the parents just dumped the kids on the Adams and disappeared.

Old 01-13-2023, 11:08 PM

23,868 posts, read 33,575,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
I don't know if the parents whereabouts have been reported. Ivon Adams was just arrested in AZ on a murder warrant. I don't know who he allegedly murdered or if it's related. It sounds like the parents just dumped the kids on the Adams and disappeared.

I'm also curious where their parents are, how the couple even knows the girls parents.

Reading a few articles, it reads that he has been arrested for murder in the disappearance of Athena. It's not looking good for Athena being alive.. One article says her sister is in protective custody. I will be surprised if she has not ratted the couple out if they hurt Athena the last time the sister saw her.

Thankful they suspended trash pickup while they're looking for the girl. 10 years ago, a 12 year old girl near me was found in the recycling bin after being murdered for her bicycle.

2nd caregiver arrested, faces murder charge in connection with missing 4-year-old girl in Oklahoma: Police

Quote:
Oklahoma police have arrested the caregivers of a 4-year-old girl who was reported missing after a postal carrier found her sister wandering alone outside, as one of the suspects now faces a murder charge in connection with the child's disappearance, police said.

Local authorities began searching for Athena Brownfield Tuesday afternoon, when the postal worker discovered her 5-year-old sister and notified police, according to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, which is also involved in the search.

Alysia Adams, 31, was arrested Thursday afternoon in Grady County, Oklahoma, on two counts of child neglect, the agency said. Her husband, Ivon Adams, 36, was taken into custody in Arizona on Thursday and is currently at the Maricopa County Jail awaiting extradition to Oklahoma on one count of murder in the first degree and one count of child neglect, police said.

Her sister did not require any medical care and currently is in protective custody with the state, Arbeitman said.

Trash service in the town has been suspended amid the search "in an effort to search for additional clues as to Athena's whereabouts," Arbeitman told reporters Thursday.

First on KOCO 5: Video shows court appearance of man connected to missing 4-year-old girl

Ivon Adams appeared in court for the first time Friday in Arizona, days after a search began for Athena Brownfield.

Quote:
A male caregiver for a missing 4-year-old girl in Cyril is facing charges of murder in the first degree and child neglect.

Ivon Adams appeared in court for the first time Friday in Arizona

“So it looks like you have a warrant out of Oklahoma,” said the judge during Adams' court appearance.

“I want to get there and take care of it,” said Adams.

"So you want to waive your rights?” said the judge.

“I don't want a hearing here," said Adams.

Adams waived his right to an extradition hearing, making a shocking statement.

“I need to get there and fight this," said Adams.

Oklahoma authorities will have 30 days to pick Adams up from the Maricopa County Jail. He has a $1 million cash bond.

Old 01-18-2023, 02:46 AM

23,868 posts, read 33,575,259 times
Sounds like they found her remains but have to confirm with DNA.

He apparently beat/killed her on Christmas night.

I'm so thankful her older sister was able to get out of the house to be found by the postal worker or her death may not have come out so "soon" after he murdered her. I hope there is prison justice.

Grim photos show area where Oklahoma cops recovered body in hunt for missing Athena Brownfield, 4 in spot where girl's carer said she'd been buried 'after her husband beat youngster to death on Christmas'

Quote:
Authorities in Oklahoma*have recovered the body of a child while searching for missing Athena Brownfield in rural Grady County outside of Rush Springs.

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (OSBI) said in a news release Tuesday evening that they cannot confirm that the remains are those of Athena, the four-year-old girl who was reported missing a week ago.

Grim overhead photos shared by KOCO showed cops combing an isolated stretch of woodland, close to where the body was found.**

The remains will be transported to the Medical Examiner's Office in Oklahoma City for positive identification, authorities said.*

Her remains are believed to have been found where Alysia said they'd been buried.*

Alysia, who is related to the girls, reportedly told OSBI investigators.....

She said that around midnight on Christmas, Ivon beat the little girl to death and held her up by her arms, the court documents revealed, according to*KSWO.

The child was not moving and her eyes were barely open, according to the document. He then laid her on the ground and punched her at least three more times in the chest, Alysia reportedly told investigators on January 12.*

Ivon then left the house on West Nebraska Avenue with the child's body around 1 a.m. on December 26.

Phone records reportedly showed Ivon leaving the home and traveling to Rush Springs around 4:15 a.m.

Remains of child found in Oklahoma as authorities investigate 4-year-old's disappearance

Quote:
WASHINGTON (TND) — Authorities say the remains of a child were recovered in Oklahoma Tuesday and a man has been charged with murder in connection to the disappearance of a 4-year-old girl.

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said the remains were found in a rural area outside of Rush Springs, Okla., which is about 30 minutes away from the home in Cyril Okla., where Athena Brownfield was last seen. The remains will be sent to the state Medical Examiner’s Office to be identified.

“At this time, OSBI cannot confirm the remains are those of Athena Brownfield," the organization said in an update.

The OSBI said the two girls are related to Alysia Adams and had been in the Adams’ care for at least a year.

The girls reportedly called Alysia "Mom" or "Aly" and called Ivon "Dad" or "Uncle Ivon.” It’s also alleged that the Adams never took the girls to the doctor for checkups and did not enroll the older sister in school.

The biological parents of the sisters have been interviewed and are "cooperating with the investigation," the OSBI said.

Man beat 4-year-old girl to death on Christmas Day: Court documents

Quote:
CYRIL, Okla. (KOKH) — A missing 4-year-old girl from Cyril, Oklahoma was beaten and killed on Christmas Day, according to court documents.

The documents note that Ivon Adams' wife, Alysia, confessed that he beat Athena Brownfield on Christmas Day and held her up by her arms. She was not moving and her eyes were barely open. Adams then allegedly laid Brownfield on the ground and punched her at least three more times in her chest.

Ivon Adams allegedly left around 1 a.m. on December 26 with Brownfield. When he returned, he allegedly told Alysia he buried Brownfield near a fence line that was next to their old home in the Rush Springs area.

Last edited by Roselvr; 01-18-2023 at 03:18 AM..

Old 01-18-2023, 08:40 AM

3,933 posts, read 2,195,052 times
There is no God…

How is it possible. Look at that girl…

Old 01-18-2023, 09:05 AM

Death penalty case if there ever was one.

Old 01-18-2023, 09:53 AM

1,568 posts, read 907,833 times
I think we need to bring back some forms of Medieval torture for people convicted in cases like this.

Old 01-18-2023, 10:35 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
I will never be able to wrap my head around how anyone can do such things to a child. Too many stories like this. It breaks my heart.

Old 01-18-2023, 06:50 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,435,653 times
Such a sad story. Poor little girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events