Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2020, 12:59 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
That nine year old was autistic and non-verbal. She never ever had any quality moments with her son. We're not talking about a normal or average mother-child bonding situation. Do you think that her son ever gave her kisses and hugs? Or mothers day gifts??? Or just a simple thank you for taking care of him?
I have a cousin who raised a severely mentally difficult daughter and majority of hers and her husbands went to taking care of her and they struggled for years as well as well as their normal daughter. They made sure there was a plan for her when she got to much to handle and that their other daughter didn’t have to take care of her. It wasn’t easy and my cousin couldn’t work, but they didn’t nor wouldn’t murder her.

Old 05-24-2020, 01:33 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
Ok, she’s had it and the stress and toll of taking care of her special needs son caused her to snapped. Then, instead of admitting guilt and confessing to her mistake of lapse of judgement, she goes about trying to cover her tracks by blaming it on imaginary black men? That’s evil.

Old 05-24-2020, 01:43 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,129,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Ok, she’s had it and the stress and toll of taking care of her special needs son caused her to snapped. Then, instead of admitting guilt and confessing to her mistake of lapse of judgement, she goes about trying to cover her tracks by blaming it on imaginary black men? That’s evil.
Admitting to a lapse of judgement would show that she was rational and capable of knowing right from wrong at the time. I don’t think this was the case, and she didn’t seem to have mistreated the boy. I think she just lost it and while I don’t often buy into the insanity defense, it is possible.

Old 05-24-2020, 01:50 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,261,229 times
Quote:
That nine year old was autistic and non-verbal. She never ever had any quality moments with her son. We're not talking about a normal or average mother-child bonding situation. Do you think that her son ever gave her kisses and hugs? Or mothers day gifts??? Or just a simple thank you for taking care of him?
Your ignorance and hardheartedness is beyond understanding. You obviously have zero real life experience with special needs children.

Last edited by Va83; 05-24-2020 at 02:03 PM.. Reason: people are jerks

Old 05-24-2020, 01:53 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,261,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
Admitting to a lapse of judgement would show that she was rational and capable of knowing right from wrong at the time. I don’t think this was the case, and she didn’t seem to have mistreated the boy. I think she just lost it and while I don’t often buy into the insanity defense, it is possible.
How is it possible to push somebody twice as an insanity defense?

Old 05-24-2020, 01:53 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
Ok, she was temporarily insane for killing her son but rational when trying to cover her tracks. For that, I don’t give her any empathy. Fortunately the cops didn’t find (maybe because they didn’t believe her or simply didn’t have time to round up the usual suspects) actual black men that might’ve fit her descriptions.

Old 05-24-2020, 01:54 PM

1,742 posts, read 959,323 times
Quote:
And as usual, sympathy, reasons, and excuses for women that murder their own children; and as others have pointed out, inventing imaginary black men to blame, thereby possibly causing harm to totally innocent people. No doubt at all she and her husband had a very difficult and stressful situation with their son. But murder is inexcusable, and if found guilty, she should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Her punishment should be the same as that which would be meted out if the two imaginary black men were real and had committed this horrible murder.

Old 05-24-2020, 01:58 PM

Quote:
For sure she needs to be punished for murdering her son. Unfortunately, our society doesn't have a better way to deal with these situations. I don't think that there is a way to test if a fetus is going to become an autistic child. But parents don't have a way to relieve themselves of the huge burden of caring for a child that is severely handicapped. As it is, the costs of teaching public education students with special needs is exorbitant and a heavy burden to taxpayers, also draining the resources for the normal students.

And I have read of horrible stories of special needs children turning into adults who are stronger than their parents and then physically harm their caregivers.
This happened in heavily populated Florida, and it seems like there should be more programs for handicapped kids and someplace for the parents to drop them off for a day so they can rest and recharge. Caring for a severely handicapped child year in and year out would be incredibly stressful on most people. The parents don’t get any formal training on how to deal with it.

I never read any stories of special needs children harming their caregivers, but in that case, the child needs to be in an institution or have trained help come over daily.

Old 05-24-2020, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va83 View Post
How is it possible to push somebody twice as an insanity defense?
That’s a good point, I was only thinking of the one time she pushed him in. Sane people do snap and kill and then regret it, but it happens in an instant. In this lady’s case, it doesn’t seem like she pre planned it, but still, she tried twice. That will no doubt be a point for the prosecution.

Old 05-24-2020, 02:39 PM

6,345 posts, read 8,119,844 times
Future child murderers may be wise to change the ethnicity of the suspects. The imaginary black men are a red flag for fake suspects.

Imaginary Mexicans abducted their kids to Mexico.
How about imaginary Muslims kidnapped their kids to be ISIS soldiers?
Imaginary Chinese men stole their kids to infect them with the Wuhan flu.

Last edited by move4ward; 05-24-2020 at 03:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events