Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 09:59 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,668,972 times

Advertisements

I've paid for HBO for 20 years, it needs to be free.

Is this app better than having HBO on cable? There are thousands of onDemand things to watch via cable.

I'm not a cord cutter (yet..not sure) so I don't know a lot about all of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2020, 11:57 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post

Is this app better than having HBO on cable? There are thousands of onDemand things to watch via cable.

Is HBO Max coming to any cable/satellite provider? I thought it was a standalone streaming service like Disney+, CBS All Access, or Peacock.

I don't see why subscribing to HBO for 20 years through your cable provider entitles you to everything HBO puts out for free. Did you also think Disney+ should be free for all cable subscribers?

Old 05-24-2020, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Is HBO Max coming to any cable/satellite provider? I thought it was a standalone streaming service like Disney+, CBS All Access, or Peacock.

I don't see why subscribing to HBO for 20 years through your cable provider entitles you to everything HBO puts out for free. Did you also think Disney+ should be free for all cable subscribers?
If they pay for Disney with their cable, yes.

What’s $12/mo times 20 years?

Yes, I’m entitled to HBO Max for free.

Old 05-24-2020, 12:37 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
Wow, you paid for HBO for 20 yrs? What a waste of money when most of their shows are reruns and out of date movies. I haven't paid a dime for cable content for over 10 years now, cut the cord in 05'. I still watch all of the HBO stuff via streaming. Comcast is such a ripoff anyways. Their cable TV signal sucks, I get a clearer picture with my free antenna than their over-compressed pixelated signal.

Old 05-24-2020, 01:10 AM

Quote:
If they pay for Disney with their cable, yes.

What’s $12/mo times 20 years?

Yes, I’m entitled to HBO Max for free.
You got HBO for that $12 a month. That's all the $12 entitled you to.

Old 05-24-2020, 06:52 AM

161 posts, read 83,123 times
Quote:

Ok? They don't owe you anything. Comcast is horrible. Why not just call and ask for a special deal like HBO free for a month

Old 05-24-2020, 09:58 AM

I think Warner Brothers kind of screwed their new service by calling it HBO Max instead of calling it something like Warner+. It's not HBO, but people think just because they have HBO that they should have this new streaming service as a free add on.

Since it's content from all their brands and networks (plus BBC, the criterion collection...), why did they single HBO out for the name? They created a new film label specifically for this service called Warner Max, which seems like it should have been the name so as to not confuse people.

Old 05-24-2020, 10:05 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times
Look into SlingTV.

Old 05-24-2020, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepgrl84 View Post
Ok? They don't owe you anything. Comcast is horrible. Why not just call and ask for a special deal like HBO free for a month
Lol yes they do. AT&T customers get it, I think Dish does too.

Comcast customer service is HORRIBLE but they've stepped up their interface big time and the quality has improved. Not everything is vivid but most things are. You can control everything, Hulu, Netflix, Prime from the voice remote.

Not sure I'm ready to cut the cord. My husband doesn't want to.

Old 05-24-2020, 03:48 PM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 1 day ago)

27,163 posts, read 13,449,232 times
Quote:
Lol yes they do. AT&T customers get it, I think Dish does too.

Comcast customer service is HORRIBLE but they've stepped up their interface big time and the quality has improved. Not everything is vivid but most things are. You can control everything, Hulu, Netflix, Prime from the voice remote.

Not sure I'm ready to cut the cord. My husband doesn't want to.
Comcast now own Sky TV in Europe, and there is currently an agreement to show a lot of HBO drama on the Sky channels until 2024.

However Comcast and Warner are competitors so HBO and Warner might go their own way and set up an exclusive Netflix/Amazon/Disney type service.

I have the full Sky (Comcast) package and Netflix, however I am mmore than happy to downgrade my Sky (Comcast) package, as I watch more Netflix these days.

They usually also offer internet and phone packages, and as well as Sky, BT which recently merged with O2 alsi offer a lot of services in the UK, as do Virgin Media, TalkTalk Group, EE TV packages. etc. Whilst the BBC and ITV have now launched Britbox.

Last edited by Brave New World; 05-24-2020 at 03:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events