Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 09:26 PM

4,991 posts, read 5,286,731 times

Advertisements

I don't really understand it either, but this lady may be longer waisted so she didn't show as much. Some of the babies movements could be assumed to be gas. Depending on how the placenta is attached, I believe some of the movements could have been muffled.

The baby appears to be healthy and the mom and dad appear to be happy. I wish the best for all of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2020, 01:35 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,124,133 times
Hope she didn’t throw the baby out with the bath water.

Old 05-28-2020, 08:21 AM

161 posts, read 83,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Well duh?
Weight gain
Bloating
water retention
constipation
diarrhea
nausea/vomiting
gas/indigestion
painful swollen breasts
hormonal imbalances
insomnia
exhaustion
peeing every 5 minutes
stretchmarks

Then there is diabetes, pre-eclampsia, hypertension, anemia, gingivitis......
Not every one has those symptoms. With my first pregnancy, I felt totally fine. Both times I knew right away I had to be pregnant because my period didn't come... It usually comes like clockwork every month but yes I guess it's absent minded of someone to totally not feel any symptoms whatsoever. Either way a lot of people have home births

Old 05-28-2020, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Hope she didn’t throw the baby out with the bath water.
Like the person above you said, the parents are happy. Don't assume that the baby is unwanted

Old 05-28-2020, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Lol; that tv show "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" used to be my youngest son's favorite show! He's autistic & does 'echolalia', where he can copy almost any sound a person can make. He thought it was funny to startle me by making 'woman in active labor' sounds just out of the blue. He could even do the 'pushing' stage perfectly, lol.

I can't imagine never knowing & I have given birth to eleven children. I had morning sickness with ALL of them. With one of them I was hospitalized with hyperemesis because it would just not stop. It was morning, afternoon & all night sickness. I was also thin & I put on a minimum of 60 lbs with each pregnancy; even with the first set of twins (I've had twins twice) who came 9 weeks early. I weighed a minimum of 200 lbs by the 9th month; each & every time but all the weight would be gone by the time the baby was 6 months old. They were all huge (except the two sets of twins); 8 + lbs , with three that were 9+ lbs.

I don't know how someone could not know. I just told one daughter the other day that I don't know what a negative at home pregnancy test even looks like ... I've never had one come up negative. You would think that since being pregnant was my default setting for 20+ years of my adult life that maybe I just wouldn't notice at first but nope, never. I always 'knew' before I would buy the test.
11 kids?? Why?!?

Old 05-28-2020, 08:36 AM

1,860 posts, read 1,245,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepgrl84 View Post
Like the person above you said, the parents are happy. Don't assume that the baby is unwanted
Not sure where Jaypee is from but that is an old southern saying about not sabotaging everything. It wasnt meant to be taken literally. It was a joke

Old 05-28-2020, 10:13 AM

36,500 posts, read 30,843,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Lol; that tv show "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" used to be my youngest son's favorite show! He's autistic & does 'echolalia', where he can copy almost any sound a person can make. He thought it was funny to startle me by making 'woman in active labor' sounds just out of the blue. He could even do the 'pushing' stage perfectly, lol.

I can't imagine never knowing & I have given birth to eleven children. I had morning sickness with ALL of them. With one of them I was hospitalized with hyperemesis because it would just not stop. It was morning, afternoon & all night sickness. I was also thin & I put on a minimum of 60 lbs with each pregnancy; even with the first set of twins (I've had twins twice) who came 9 weeks early. I weighed a minimum of 200 lbs by the 9th month; each & every time but all the weight would be gone by the time the baby was 6 months old. They were all huge (except the two sets of twins); 8 + lbs , with three that were 9+ lbs.

I don't know how someone could not know. I just told one daughter the other day that I don't know what a negative at home pregnancy test even looks like ... I've never had one come up negative. You would think that since being pregnant was my default setting for 20+ years of my adult life that maybe I just wouldn't notice at first but nope, never. I always 'knew' before I would buy the test.
Salute!

Good grief woman I cant even imagine.

Old 05-28-2020, 10:16 AM

36,500 posts, read 30,843,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepgrl84 View Post
Not every one has those symptoms. With my first pregnancy, I felt totally fine. Both times I knew right away I had to be pregnant because my period didn't come... It usually comes like clockwork every month but yes I guess it's absent minded of someone to totally not feel any symptoms whatsoever. Either way a lot of people have home births
No they dont and I didnt mean to imply that.
But most have one or more. Just listing some of the normal pregnancy symptoms.
Its actually pretty rare to have a cryptic pregnancy.

Old 05-28-2020, 11:26 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,757,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coalcuts View Post
I'm sorry, but how would she not know she's pregnant? Isn't there like a monthly cycle that kind of lets you know??

It doesn't always stop; sometimes it just gets lighter.

Old 05-28-2020, 11:38 AM

43 posts, read 22,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LO28SWM View Post
Not sure where Jaypee is from but that is an old southern saying about not sabotaging everything. It wasnt meant to be taken literally. It was a joke
An explanation with some other tall tales and explanations: https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...rigins-phrases
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events