Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2020, 03:08 PM

15,526 posts, read 10,495,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavm View Post
And, your qualifications for making all these assertions are? There is a reason why we have health authorities making these decisions rather than politically motivated peddlers such as yourself.
Why does one have to be politically motivated. For me, it's just a matter of choice. Physicians in my area prescribe it. If I get Covid and my doctor happens to recommend it, I certainly will take it. It's between you and your doctor.

Old 07-30-2020, 03:26 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,886,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavm View Post
Sure. There are people in FDA who are infinitely more qualified, have a lot of data from across the nation including the adverse reactions (that get short shrift in the shallow internet campaigns such as this) and details of the trials from here in the US and across the world. And, they made the professional decision to restrict this type of use, in spite of heavy political pressure from the President himself. I have a lot of respect for them to put their jobs on the line to make a politically unpopular decision and prioritize the patient outcomes instead.

So, yes - the qualifications and the availability and consideration of data on the outcomes from across the nation and elsewhere matters. In case you forgot, the lives of people are at stake, including heat arrhythmia HCQ causes for life in some of the patients.

You yourself say that you have no qualification and obviously do not have access to the data FDA scientists have. But, you are obviously and insistently pushing this - and the only motive I can come up with is that it is on the basis of political and internet campaign. [Please don't tell me you are trying to save lives. If you think that - think that you might not be the only one - and those on the other side of the argument might be trying to do the same.] I do not know if that assignment of motive to be a personal insult but it definitely seems to be the truth. If you find it a personal insult - perhaps take a moment to consider your personal conduct and motives as well.
Hey, get this - I probably cannot even TAKE hydrochloroquine or however it's spelled - it's closely related to fluoroquinolones which I cannot take without significant tendon damage. (Wow, I can read and understand that! Apparently better than some doctors, but I digress.)

I am not "pushing" anything other than strengthening one's immune system for the record. Where you get the idea that I am "obviously and insistently pushing this" is beyond me but (shrug) this is InternetLand so nothing really surprises me.

Old 07-30-2020, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik4me View Post
Remdesivir was designed to treat Ebola- but did not work!,

- was not used to treat SARS- as it did not exist in 2002/2003/2004 when SARS flared

Was tried by the Chinese to treat COVID in February- they said at that time - it did not work!

Remdesivir clinical trials' goals were changed midway through the trials as it did not prevent deaths or improved the severe cases

They changed the goals and the final result was "it shorten the duration of the symptoms"

Let me see- $5000+ Remdesivir will "shorten the symptoms" by 3 days, unless of course you die...

A simply miracle drug!
Hey, aside note:

The medication that I took that destroyed both my Achilles tendons was also developed to treat ebola! (Which I've never had - after it was prescribed to me, the doctor who ended up repairing my destroyed Achilles tendons told me that using this particular antibiotic - for a PRECAUTION AGAINST a bladder infection while I was being treated for something else - I didn't even HAVE a bladder infection! - was like "trying to kill a mouse with a flame thrower" - his exact words.)

Small medical world.

Old 07-30-2020, 03:36 PM

Quote:
What a lot of us are trying to say
to politicians, media and all the medical establishments - special interests group (research, testing, vaccines, potential treatments with all the money generously thrown at them:

please, please! don't bring the politics and the politics of money into already dire situation and don't sacrifice people's lives!

Make old drugs like HCQ available OTC - make people sign a waiver that they do not have a genetic mutation G6PD that makes HCQ dangerous to them and lets collect the data..

$10 drug not working for some wont be the end of the world- but what if some could be helped?
Speaking of the G6PD gene, I believe (but I'm not sure) that it's a DEFICIENCY in this gene that may predispose people with this deficiency to get coronavirus.

I do have the G6PD gene but I don't have a deficiency that's been detected.

Old 07-30-2020, 03:43 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,854,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
Are you a doctor?

Are you basing these statements on scientific, large scale, peer reviewed studies?

Can you cite the number of people known to get cardio problems from HCQ, when taken in nominal 200mg doses known to be effective with Covid19?

If none of the above, you're just spreading misinformation.

Several of us have presented facts, backed up with solid sources, and others (like you) just keep reflexively shooting us down, like a ping-pong game.

I'm done in this thread. Good luck.
I was and am quoting my close cousin, who is a doctor in a LA hospital and has worked for months treating covid patients. The only treatment that has worked in his hospital are remdisivir, dexamethasone, and something that dries you out but I can't recall the name. They used plaquinil until April when they realized it was causing cardiomyopathy. I can't cite the number of people but a lot of people were shown to have problems according to their telemetry. Some died, and any cardiac arrests of covid positive are automatic DNR's.

He's not spreading misinformation, he's saving lives and watching people die of this. They die alone, usually with a tube shoved down their throat. He is quite sick of people like you spreading quackery crap on the internet.

Old 07-30-2020, 03:44 PM

Is the death rate for COVID 19 still .6 percent of folks who test positive?

Old 07-30-2020, 05:30 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,567,188 times
Hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin, and zinc sulfate have been widely used for mild cases, most of whom would probably recover without treatment anyways. That is what the scientific studies are relating. There is no change in results. It doesn't make a lot of sense to go out and tout that the pandemic is over if it's used on everyone.

Vladimir Zelenko

link1

link2

There is a lot of organized politics behind this media campaign.

Old 07-30-2020, 11:03 PM

3,493 posts, read 3,201,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
And yet CNN was reporting even a dose or two would kill you? I wonder why?

I have taken more thousands of these pills over my lifetime when overseas in Malaria areas and guess what, I'm not writing this from my crypt.

Will extremely high dosages at one time, or dosages given to someone almost dead from the Wuhan virus kill a person or help him on his way? Maybe. But early in the sickness, it sure is worth a try.

I would guess someone somewhere might be alergic to the drug; however, I have know of thousands of people who took the drug like I did in the same places I worked, and personally knew hundreds of them. That also includes when I was told to take them in 'Nam many moons ago.

If I was diagnosed with the Wuhan virus, that is the fiurst thing I would ask my Doctor to do; prescribe me hydroxychloroquine.
Do you know why the people on CNN are on CNN (and btw earning way more than the average doctor)? Because they barely eeked out a C- in HS biology and had to migrate away from science because "science is hard!". That's why. Same for most career politicians.

So now they are playing doctor. I can't believe anybody is buying that junk they're dishing out. And btw Fauci hasn't hands-on treated a patient in probably 50 years. This epidemic is months old - no time for a controlled double blind study like Fauci insists on. You try something, if it works you use it. At this point, patient threatened with death, it's any port in the storm.

By the way, the censorship going on in the MSM here - especially revved up in the past few weeks reminds me of the year I spent in the Soviet Bloc countries 45 years ago. In those days, that censorship was a colossal joke to us Westerners. Just saying.

Last edited by TwinbrookNine; 07-30-2020 at 11:18 PM..

Old 07-30-2020, 11:24 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,694,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
Do you know why the people on CNN are on CNN (and btw earning way more than the average doctor)? Because they barely eeked out a C- in HS biology and had to migrate away from science because "science is hard!". That's why. Same for most career politicians.

So now they are playing doctor. I can't believe anybody is buying that junk they're dishing out. And btw Fauci hasn't hands-on treated a patient in probably 50 years. This epidemic is months old - no time for a controlled double blind study like Fauci insists on. You try something, if it works you use it. At this point, patient threatened with death, it's any port in the storm.

By the way, the censorship going on in the MSM here - especially revved up in the past few weeks reminds me of the year I spent in the Soviet Bloc countries 45 years ago. In those days, that censorship was a colossal joke to us Westerners. Just saying.
The COVID19 cloud will clear once the elections are over. I think many states like NYC are overstating their death totals. Back in April and May they were counting cancer deaths as COVID19. Our governor blame Trump not not helping but once he sent in the infirmary ship, it was empty and not being used. So what is the real COVID19 story? We'll find out after the elections are over how serious COVID19 really is or just a bad cold.

Old 07-30-2020, 11:41 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,246,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
It’s not just hydroxychloroquine, you also have to take it with zinc and Azithromycin. You also have to take it early on in the illness to slow or stop the viral replication. This was not a treatment pulled out of thin air, they already had a lot of evidence to support it’s use for SARS illnesses. Any studies that don’t factor in the combo of all three meds and taking it early on should not be taken seriously. Many doctors have spoken out about the effectiveness of this treatment and they have been silenced.
It was not used for SARS. There was lab evidence that chloroquine might work, which is the reason it was tried for COVID-19.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1232869/

Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post
No drug is completely safe, but hydroxycholoroquine is one of the safest. It's on the WHO's list as being a very safe drug, or was until they recently decided they didn't want it used for covid-19.

And it's effective, according to doctors that have been prescribing it. If you're waiting for the double-blind studies, tens of thousands of people die in the meantime. The pandemic is now. Even if it weren't effective, it's very, very safe - unless prescribed at overdose levels.

Doctors give medications off-label for lots of things. This drug is one that is safely used, unless given in ridiculously high doses. Any medication is going to kill you if given in doses that are too high - even acetaminophen, which is available at any drug or grocery store.
(Do you really think all medications prescribed are safe and effective and won't hurt you if you take 10 or 100 times the recommended dose? That is extremely naive. Just read the inserts.)

This should be a discussion between doctor and patient, without politicians or even the WHO getting involved.

And why would doctors be silenced, threatened, pulled off social media? For what else does this happen?
It may be safe unless you have a viral infection that compromises the heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post
Remdesivir has been found to shorten hospitalization time by an average of four days. It has not been found to save anyone's life. That's not even in the claim. It just makes recovery a little faster for those who were going to recover. The value in that would be if the hospitals were being over-run. It would clear up some beds faster.

Hydroxychoroquine has been saving people's lives. It has been keeping them out of the hospital, or at least out of ICU and off ventilators. Chloroquine was shown to be effective against coronavirus back in 2005. (Hydroxychlorquine is preferred, as it is safer.)
You can take R. I'll take H. We can be advised by our doctors and make the decisions that are right for us. How about that approach?
Link to use in treatment of coronavirus in 2005, please?

https://www.niaid.nih.gov/news-event...anced-covid-19

"Preliminary results indicate that patients who received remdesivir had a 31% faster time to recovery than those who received placebo (p<0.001). Specifically, the median time to recovery was 11 days for patients treated with remdesivir compared with 15 days for those who received placebo. Results also suggested a survival benefit, with a mortality rate of 8.0% for the group receiving remdesivir versus 11.6% for the placebo group (p=0.059)."

The mortality p value just missed being statistically significant, with less than 0.05 being that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Why not take up your emotional fussilade with the pros. at Henry Ford?

https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/...reatment-study
As already mentioned, there are problems with that study, a big one being failure to control for steroid use. Also, more severely ill patients did not get the drug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
That blogger is dubious.
Please go through the article and tell us exactly which of his criticisms is wrong and why.

He is not the only one who is critical.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/31/healt...ers/index.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
The head of the WHO is a guy from Ethiopia with no medical training. He pretty much is a puppet of China, which has major investments in Ethiopia. Ha ha ha.
He is not a physician but he does have training in biology, immunology of infectious diseases, and community health.

https://www.who.int/dg/election/cv-tedros-en.pdf

His Bachelor's degree was obtained in Ethiopia, but his Master's and PhD were from institutions in the UK.

Quote:
Remdesivir was designed to treat Ebola- but did not work!,

- was not used to treat SARS- as it did not exist in 2002/2003/2004 when SARS flared

Was tried by the Chinese to treat COVID in February- they said at that time - it did not work!

Remdesivir clinical trials' goals were changed midway through the trials as it did not prevent deaths or improved the severe cases

They changed the goals and the final result was "it shorten the duration of the symptoms"

Let me see- $5000+ Remdesivir will "shorten the symptoms" by 3 days, unless of course you die...

A simply miracle drug!
Please provide a link to the "change in goals".

See comment above about mortality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events