U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2020, 04:52 PM

11,220 posts, read 6,808,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I flew out of my room and didn't really have time to think of WHY the music was playing but saw the raccoons almost immediately. I don't know what I would have done if it was a human intruder in my house, it's not easy to think clearly when you get woken up like that!
Trust me, I know the feeling and it's not.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2020, 05:12 PM

11,220 posts, read 6,808,066 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euhaYbQ9vqA

I'll take my chances with a raccoon coming through the doggy door, instead of a gator coming through the doggy door.

Old 12-20-2020, 07:22 AM

33,037 posts, read 22,073,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euhaYbQ9vqA

I'll take my chances with a raccoon coming through the doggy door, instead of a gator coming through the doggy door.
OMG! Grab the cats and go sit in the car till animal control gets there, lol.

Old 12-20-2020, 07:24 AM

33,037 posts, read 22,073,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
That chip thing seems very cool.
Thank you for posting that .
Yes, they have feeders that do the same thing. So if you have 2 cats and one eats most of the food, you can have their food separated and their side only opens up with that cats chip!

Old 12-20-2020, 09:58 AM

6,957 posts, read 3,395,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
She did try removing the dog.
She shouldn't have let the dog anywhere near the raccoon at all. The part where the two animals were scuffling together horrified me. Raccoons are known carriers of rabies and are fierce fighters that can rip another animal up big time. I would never let my dog come into contact with a frightened raccoon!

Old 12-20-2020, 05:02 PM

8,687 posts, read 5,606,427 times
Meanwhile, in Australia a family found a Koala perched in their Christmas tree. Much better than a raccoon in my opinion.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ntl/index.html

Old 12-20-2020, 05:10 PM

3,647 posts, read 3,139,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
She shouldn't have let the dog anywhere near the raccoon at all. The part where the two animals were scuffling together horrified me. Raccoons are known carriers of rabies and are fierce fighters that can rip another animal up big time. I would never let my dog come into contact with a frightened raccoon!
I agree. Not funny at all, the amount of damage a scared raccoon can do.

Old 12-20-2020, 07:52 PM

401 posts, read 204,810 times
Quote:

Glad i'm not the only one who was freaked out by that. No way i'm letting any of my dogs near a trapped raccoon! And they are all hounds. Too much can go wrong.

Old 12-20-2020, 09:17 PM

10,567 posts, read 8,772,787 times
Quote:
Her only excuse is she's ignorant about animals plus she's not the brightest light on the Christmas tree herself to start with, she's a fool whether she was wakened from a sound sleep or not. Even half asleep some kind of natural preservation instinct should have been telling her that every single thing she was doing (or not doing as the case may be) was entirely the wrong thing to do but she clearly doesn't possess any survival instinct.

What made me a bit annoyed was that the only thing she was really concerned about was getting it all recorded so she could post it on social media. It was kind of funny to see the raccoon sitting in the hanging ceiling lamp in the dining room but also dismaying to see all the dangerous mistakes that woman was making. I wonder if she realizes yet that she's so lucky the raccoon didn't attack her or rip the dog's face off.

Old 12-20-2020, 10:27 PM

8,299 posts, read 5,906,619 times
Quote:
They are fierce fighters. I once watched a video of a raccoon kicking the crap out of a fox that was twice his size. The dog in this video would have got chewed up pretty bad. The cat only came out to make sure the raccoon didn't tear open his Christmas present.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events