Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2021, 07:17 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,082,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Wish him well but who cares.

He's no better than the countless other people in bad car accidents across this country today.

He's actually worse, lol I don't have affairs.
Have to agree.

I'm a huge golfer/golf fan - bigger than most.

Tiger has never proven he is particularly morally decent. Nice guy for sure, and articulate enough to carry himself with decency I would say, but the womanizing and the DUIs and the stuff that has come out into public light hasn't exposed a particularly decent personal life.

I really do wonder what happened with this crash. Texting and driving?

He was beating the **** out of that Genesis like it was stolen (loner, lol). I have been there, done that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2021, 08:36 AM

12,057 posts, read 10,261,276 times
I thought at first that he was coming home from some rendezvous. It was so early in the morning. But it seems he was on his way to a tv shoot and play golf.

Gee - way too early for that. But I guess if you want to get paid.

And why doesn't he have a driver or assistant that hauls him around? I know I would.

Old 02-24-2021, 08:42 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,680,578 times
I know a lot of Americans do this and is a major cause of accidents. Whenever you lose control or the car bucks up on a hill or tight turn people mash the brakes. This can cause a big SUV to tip over because it's like someone tripping your feet.

Stop mashing the brakes, learn how to ease off the gas and just turn the wheel towards the direct the car's tail is sliding or moving towards that allows the weight transfer of the car to slow.

Learn how to maneuver and not rely on brakes.

Old 02-24-2021, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I know a lot of Americans do this and is a major cause of accidents. Whenever you lose control or the car bucks up on a hill or tight turn people mash the brakes. This can cause a big SUV to tip over because it's like someone tripping your feet.

Stop mashing the brakes, learn how to ease off the gas and just turn the wheel towards the direct the car's tail is sliding or moving towards that allows the weight transfer of the car to slow.

I have seen a photo of where his truck was when it hit a curb, and then veered.

It was a turn he went in to way too fast, I believe. He didn't know that road. Was way over the limit, perhaps looking down texting and driving on his way to a photo shoot.

Old 02-24-2021, 09:06 AM

1,221 posts, read 1,045,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
Who someone one engages in coitus is inconsequential and of no concern to me.
Who they endanger on a public road with a 2 ton vehicle IS both consequential AND my business.
Agreed. If it turns out this was caused by driver negligence then shame on him for putting others in danger.

Old 02-24-2021, 09:08 AM

We will never know if Tiger was looking down/texting driving.

His team will never let that information come out.

But many people die now in America due to this form of negligence. I don't know that it's as problematic as DUI but it's bad.

Old 02-24-2021, 11:23 AM

29,505 posts, read 22,616,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post

Huge difference between theory and reality.

It's not like the average person driving comes across these situations so much that they instinctively know what to do, there is not enough muscle memory to overcome the shock and horror of losing control of your car at a high speed.

As for Woods himself, doesn't affect me any more than any other random stranger who gets in a serious car accident everyday.

Old 02-24-2021, 12:06 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,610,057 times
I originally heard that both legs were in serious condition, now I'm hearing only the right leg was repaired. Anyone know if the left leg sustained damage also?

Old 02-24-2021, 12:18 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,321,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
I originally heard that both legs were in serious condition, now I'm hearing only the right leg was repaired. Anyone know if the left leg sustained damage also?
I just heard it was his right leg, ankle shattered, put back together with pins and then rods put in his right leg due to fractures. Needless to say, it will be a slow recovery.

Old 02-24-2021, 12:22 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,650,295 times
I used to admire him but then there was something about an affair while he was on tour and it ended in a divorce. From reading on here, it sounds like there were lots of affairs so I don't admire him except for his skill at playing golf. Hope he's ok but not a fan of someone who cheats on his wife.

Sad that someone can be so successful in some ways and so messed up in his personal life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events