Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2021, 02:02 PM

17,569 posts, read 13,344,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
I have a lot of empathy for anyone with cancer but this lady is upset that American Airlines asked her to remove her sweatshirt. It apparently said 'Fu*k Cancer' but it was fully spelled out. She says she covered her shirt with a jacket and asked about their written policy but was approached by another employee and she was humiliated. Of course, she has retained an attorney and is planning on suing.

I don't think a shirt with this expletive is appropriate for being in public. People will sue over anything these days.

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/ca...GYSM6WTBEYB7I/

I opened this expecting to read that they asked her to remove her post-mastectomy breast prosthesis and read about a stupid woman wearing (a probably well meaning) offensive sweatshirt!

She should have more brains and common sense than that. What was she thinking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2021, 02:04 PM

17,569 posts, read 13,344,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
I understand the feeling, but the shirt was inappropriate. It isn't worth anyone's time to sue over.

Some people will sue over anything just to make money! Sad!

And, her sheister lawyer knows that!

Old 04-03-2021, 02:23 PM

23,281 posts, read 18,810,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
I opened this expecting to read that they asked her to remove her post-mastectomy breast prosthesis and read about a stupid woman wearing (a probably well meaning) offensive sweatshirt!

She was thinking that her cancer crisis-engendered public sympathy and fundraising was old news. The returns were dwindling. She was left to face the rest of her private survivor life like all the rest. Had to do something to refocus the spotlight again by pitching a fit in public. As for the sweatshirt stating the obvious in such an unnecessarily offensive way, haven't met any survivors or friends and family of one yet who felt cancer was a grand thing.

Last edited by Parnassia; 04-03-2021 at 02:31 PM..

Old 04-03-2021, 02:26 PM

9,121 posts, read 6,174,802 times
At least they're not claiming racism by the airline. We'll see what their lawyer says.

BTW, she is cancer free and pregnant.

Old 04-03-2021, 02:30 PM

23,281 posts, read 18,810,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
At least they're not claiming racism by the airline. We'll see what their lawyer says.
Waiting for it. Still, we can hope pulling the race card is showing dwindling returns too.

Old 04-03-2021, 02:35 PM

5,578 posts, read 6,504,647 times
I was appalled by the young "man" who was coming toward me in the grocery store as I was leaving. My attention was drawn to where he wanted it to be because that is how these clothing items are made and exactly why he was wearing it. The front of his sweatpants?, jeans?, whatever, I don't remember, spelled out "Stop looking at my d*ick" and the "d" word was spelled out. As I passed by I was sooooooooo tempted to mutter at him "Class" but kept my mouth shut, feeling it wasn't worth a physical attack by someone with mental problems who didn't see a thing wrong with this. SMH

Old 04-03-2021, 02:44 PM

1,226 posts, read 633,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Notice the neon greenish-yellow sweatshirt too? She's an attention hound. She'll do whatever it takes to make people notice her, but then complain when they do (complaining brings her attention too).

I support the airline on this.
She doesn’t stand a chance winning that case, that rule is in writing. You’d better ask me nicely or I’ll sue you! Give me a break.

Old 04-03-2021, 02:48 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,145,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post

I was thinking the same thing.

Old 04-03-2021, 04:59 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden_fern View Post
She doesn’t stand a chance winning that case, that rule is in writing. You’d better ask me nicely or I’ll sue you! Give me a break.
She can stand a chance, if she saw an equally offensive shirt not questioned. I never liked these policies because people take them too far like the Kurt Warner jersey being banned because of MS-13 in some theme parks in the early 2002's. https://coasterbuzz.com/Forums/Topic...rs-at-elitch/3

Old 04-03-2021, 05:25 PM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
I’ve had cancer, twice. I keep it to myself, because it’s my business, and also because nobody cares.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events