Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 10:42 PM

50,135 posts, read 46,765,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
You have no clue what happened when they went to the house. You have no idea if they were still investigating. You have no idea what was presented for the restraining order. But you can't just take kids based on the claims an ex is making. There are a lot of ex's who call CPS just to screw with the other. There has to be some kind of evidence.
Either do you.

Fact.

Biological mother killed her own kids.

Do you dispute these as facts?

Anyone that thinks this is ok may need an evaluation themselves before they do the same. Horrifying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2021, 08:42 AM

36,163 posts, read 30,629,990 times
Quote:
You have no clue what happened when they went to the house. You have no idea if they were still investigating. You have no idea what was presented for the restraining order. But you can't just take kids based on the claims an ex is making. There are a lot of ex's who call CPS just to screw with the other. There has to be some kind of evidence.
You have no clue either. Going by the article, which is all we have on this particular case, The father had reached out on several occasions to both the police and Child services to no avail. The rest of my comments are based on past personal experiences as well as those of friends, parents, cops and social workers dealing with both police, restraining orders, courts, temporary emergency custody and Child Services reports. And it was the mother who killed those kids, not the father.

I know several cases where kids were taken or nearly taken based on claims by others and cases where nothing happened even when kids had been previously removed and there were signs of abuse. Just goes to show how screwed up the system is.
I do know for a restraining order or heck even an arrest warrant all one has to do is convince the warrant writer. That decision is pretty much based on emotion and not any actual evidence or standard guidelines.

Last edited by 2mares; 04-13-2021 at 10:05 AM..

Old 04-13-2021, 09:08 AM

22,620 posts, read 24,462,056 times
The poor Father tried and tried to get protection for his kids......not much was done.

Old 04-13-2021, 10:37 AM

14,238 posts, read 11,545,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
The poor Father tried and tried to get protection for his kids......not much was done.
Nothing was done. He reported over and over that the mother was mentally ill and unstable and he feared for the safety of the kids. Quote from court records:

Quote:
“I am very concerned about my partner … and want to get her the help she needs to recover from this mental break and to become stable. I want her interactions with the children to be safe and healthy. Until she is mentally stable and amenable to psychiatric treatment, I do not think our children are safe in her care.”
https://www.ocregister.com/2021/04/1...rtner-alleges/

He filed an emergency request for custody on March 4 and was denied. She requested and was granted a restraining order against him on March 12.

I'm sure it's no consolation at all for him to be able to say now, I told you so.

Old 04-13-2021, 01:12 PM

5,441 posts, read 5,671,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Oh, come on. It's premature at this point to write her life off as worthless. What if the catalyst for the murders was a combination of postpartum depression, stress from a broken relationship, and who knows what other mental health issues? Let's at least wait for all the facts to come in, before writing her off as a waste of taxpayer money. If we ever get the facts; it's one of the most frustrating things about these Current Events topics; we rarely get any follow-up to the sensationalistic headlines.
What are your thoughts on mass murderers, serial killers, rapists, school shooters, and terrorists?
Most of those people suffer from the same or even worse mental illnesses compared to the woman in question. Some of the more notorious ones are clinically diagnosed as well. In fact, some crimes, like violent rape, are exclusively and only committed by people with impaired mental judgement. Mass shooters are similar, since at the very least they are super depressed and suicidal, since they know full well there is no happy ending to that one, yet they actively pursue and plan their own suicide for months.

Last edited by Gantz; 04-13-2021 at 01:26 PM..

Old 04-13-2021, 03:05 PM

16,366 posts, read 8,457,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Considering the youngest was 6 months old, post partum depression could be a contributor. According to the go fund me which has raised $25,628 of a $50k goal, the parents were not married and were broken up at some point I assume after the baby was born because there's a photo of the father with the 3 kids. The fundraiser says the father has tried to get custody of the kids by calling CPS. The article you linked to said the grandmother was the main caregiver.

Thankfully she did not kill herself, she's now behind bars. We may never know why she did what she did.

I can't imagine why they need $50k for the fundraiser. Blows my mind some of the dollar amounts people put on these fundraisers. No doubt it will go over that.
I am not sure why we should be happy that a mass murder of her own children is still alive for us to pay for her incarceration (and eventual efforts to rejoin society) is some positive. Had she killed herself, it would be a much less costly situation, not to mention the worry of what she might do to another inmate or society if she is ever released.

`

Old 04-13-2021, 06:28 PM

50,406 posts, read 36,051,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Either do you.

Fact.

Biological mother killed her own kids.

Do you dispute these as facts?

Anyone that thinks this is ok may need an evaluation themselves before they do the same. Horrifying.
I am not disputing any facts. I was responding to a post about whether child protective services could have done more. A poster stated they didn't investigate it, but we really don't know if that's the case or not as they haven't released any kind of details like that.

Old 04-13-2021, 08:50 PM

50,135 posts, read 46,765,840 times
Quote:
I am not disputing any facts. I was responding to a post about whether child protective services could have done more. A poster stated they didn't investigate it, but we really don't know if that's the case or not as they haven't released any kind of details like that.
Women that file for a restraining order without immediate access to a firearm are asking for a death wish in today's society. All this antigun garbage is handcuffing women. A 10 day wait is going to get a lot of women killed. In today's anti-cop environment LE isn't going to charge into situations in cities that are trying to defund them.

The whole thing is backwards.

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 04-13-2021 at 09:02 PM..

Old 04-14-2021, 02:30 AM

24,416 posts, read 9,279,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
https://people.com/crime/california-...en-found-dead/

All 3 were under 5 years old. Why moms kill their kids is a mystery to me.
She was in a custody battle.

If you don't want kids, get an abortion or put them up for adoption. Don't have kids, become crazy, then murder them.

Now taxpayers get to fund the rest of her life.

Old 04-14-2021, 03:19 AM

13,271 posts, read 8,380,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
She was in a custody battle.

If you don't want kids, get an abortion or put them up for adoption. Don't have kids, become crazy, then murder them.

Now taxpayers get to fund the rest of her life.
it often amazes me how a person says " now the taxpayer has to fund this".

Give a humane alternate solution if placing them in custody is not something you wish personal tax money to give towards- which is less then a .04 cents of YOur tax money a month for her since accumulatively a large portion of taxpayers pays in. ( mind you this is per individual currently housed in prison/retention centers)

I read up on The yates case. That was a horrific and tragic story. The mother was indeed "mentally distressed" and suffering from psychosis. Her coming out of that fog was more torturous then the event itself.

Is this current lady of that same broad stroke diagnosis? I doubt it. She had the clarity to impose a challenge to the father to have custody. She had the wherewithal to drive miles away, she knew what she had done.
Mrs Yates even afterwards was in her peak of delusion.

I cannot imagine the grief the father and grandparents are faced with. Three assets in this world have been terminated. They deserved a better mother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events