Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2021, 06:07 AM

27,154 posts, read 13,438,724 times

Advertisements

I do have to wonder as to who would spend $75 on a candle that supposedly smells like Gwyneth Paltrow's vagina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky News

Gwyneth Paltrow's lifestyle company is being sued after a man alleged one of its "vagina-scented" candles "exploded".

Colby Watson, from Texas, said he bought the infamous $75 "This Smells Like My Vagina" candle from Goop's website in January.

After burning it for about three hours on his bedside table, he alleged the candle "exploded" and became "engulfed in high flames", according to a court document.

He said the blaze left a "black burn ring" on his bedside table and the candle jar was "charred and black".

However, no injuries were reported.

The complainant is seeking a jury trial and triple compensation as well as punitive damages of more than $5m (£3.5m) for him and others who "through no fault of their own, purchased defective and dangerous vagina-scented candles", the court document said.

A woman in the UK also alleged that her Goop candle exploded in January.

Writing in The Guardian, Jody Thompson said the product - which was the same model as the one bought by Mr Watson - exploded "a few minutes after" lighting it.

Gwyneth Paltrow's company sued after man claims vagina-scented candle 'exploded' - Sky News

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2021, 06:13 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,181,548 times
Gwyneth really rounded the bend and went full on crazy a while ago didn't she?

Old 05-23-2021, 06:40 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,468,632 times
Unfortunately, this will be the legacy she leaves behind after she dies.

Old 05-23-2021, 09:38 AM

50,727 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I highly doubt it. I’m sure she invented the candle scent as a funny thing. What’s wrong with that? It’s no different from the humorous items in Spencer gifts. But it’s just a small part of her Her legacy will be her children and her entire lifetime body of work, just like the rest of us.

How is 5 million for a burn on his bedside table justified in any way? Hopefully it gets thrown out.

Old 05-23-2021, 10:18 AM

23,862 posts, read 33,533,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I highly doubt it. I’m sure she invented the candle scent as a funny thing. What’s wrong with that? It’s no different from the humorous items in Spencer gifts. But it’s just a small part of her Her legacy will be her children and her entire lifetime body of work, just like the rest of us.

How is 5 million for a burn on his bedside table justified in any way? Hopefully it gets thrown out.

That's exactly how it was created, as a joke. They just decided to let everyone in on that joke. They have other scented candles like an orgasm one. They're all sold out too. They're not cheap either at $75 each!

All sorts of people sue her. There's another guy suing her, saying she injured him while skiing. He wants 3 million! She counter sued for $1. He's claiming the only reason he's suing is because of how cold hearted she was, she didn't even see if he was ok or say she was sorry.

Quote:
Gwyneth Paltrow is being sued by a man who claims that, on a slope in Park City, Utah, in February 2016, she carelessly ran him down and then “skied away.” Terry Sanderson, 72, is a retired optometrist who filed a lawsuit for just over $3 million, alleging that Paltrow skied into him from behind, “knocking him down, landing on top of him, and causing him to suffer a concussion, brain injury and four broken ribs.”

In a press conference on January 29, Sanderson and his lawyers, Lawrence D. Buhler and Robert B. Sykes, detailed their suit against Paltrow. They described her actions as the product of carelessness and cruelty. Sanderson claims that before the alleged collision, he “heard this just hysterical screaming like … King Kong in the jungle or something.”

The suit against Paltrow claims that due to the alleged “ski and run,” Sanderson suffered “physical and mental injuries” including “pain, suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, emotional distress and disfigurement,” as well as “anxiety, depression and other health problems.” The suit further claims that he “incurred medical expenses and additional life care expenses,” and that he will “continue to suffer injuries and damages in the future due to the negligence.

Paltrow is not the only person being sued in this snowy fiasco. Sanderson is also suing Deer Valley Resort Company, where the accident took place, and Deer Valley ski instructor Eric Christiansen, who was allegedly with Paltrow at the time. Sanderson accused Christensen of yelling at him while he was injured on the ground, and the suit claims that he “later filed a false report to protect his client, Ms. Paltrow,” to make it appear at that Sanderson was at fault for the collision.

Old 05-23-2021, 10:19 AM

1,462 posts, read 972,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky News
Gwyneth Paltrow's lifestyle company is being sued after a man alleged one of its "vagina-scented" candles "exploded".

Colby Watson, from Texas, said he bought the infamous $75 "This Smells Like My Vagina" candle from Goop's website in January.

After burning it for about three hours on his bedside table, he alleged the candle "exploded" and became "engulfed in high flames", according to a court document.

He said the blaze left a "black burn ring" on his bedside table and the candle jar was "charred and black".

However, no injuries were reported.

The complainant is seeking a jury trial and triple compensation as well as punitive damages of more than $5m (£3.5m) for him and others who "through no fault of their own, purchased defective and dangerous vagina-scented candles", the court document said.

A woman in the UK also alleged that her Goop candle exploded in January.

Writing in The Guardian, Jody Thompson said the product - which was the same model as the one bought by Mr Watson - exploded "a few minutes after" lighting it.
My concern would be someone that needs to buy a candle from a "lifestyle company" called "goop". Glad I'm not a Gen Z'er.

Old 05-23-2021, 01:02 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,917,989 times
All I can say, is the candle sounds gross.

Old 05-23-2021, 01:05 PM

765 posts, read 620,944 times
I looked the candle up and it apparently has floral scents, not... bodily fluid scents. That said, it's apparently horribly made for $75 if it exploded.

Old 05-23-2021, 01:09 PM

27,154 posts, read 13,438,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post

And it seems to me she lived her life
Like a candle in the wind
And her candle burned out long before
Her smell ever did

Old 05-23-2021, 01:22 PM

19,120 posts, read 25,316,835 times
Sometimes, the jokes just write themselves.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events