Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2021, 05:16 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,066,509 times

Advertisements

Really wish people would stop using my name in such a way ...

Oh, I guess that means I'm being a Karen.

-a real Karen (who used to like her name)
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2021, 05:18 PM

17,371 posts, read 16,511,485 times
I've worked retail before. I will politely check you out and make sure that you were able to find everything that you needed. If you want your items bagged a certain way I'll do it. If you need help finding something I will help you find it. If you have a question I will do my best to answer it.

I will not get in the middle of your verbal or physical altercation. That is beyond my pay grade and expertise. So if you're going to pick a fight, be ready to talk to security or the cops about it.

Old 07-14-2021, 05:37 PM

21,120 posts, read 19,703,590 times
I'd assume the entire encounter was captured by security cameras.

Old 07-14-2021, 07:14 PM

3,835 posts, read 4,441,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
What part of “multiple witnesses” confused you?
In what universe does second hand accounts (the witnesses) trump first hand evidence ?? Besides there’s no telling which of those witnesses would change their testimonies later. Many a court case has been lost depending on eye witness testimony. Far better to have evidence that’s not dependent on someone else. Surely this is common sense to you?

Old 07-14-2021, 07:31 PM

14,482 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Protect herself from what exactly? The woman pitching a fit and crying on the floor?

Maybe walking away would have been a better way of handling the whole thing?

Also, what do you think a retail cashier or a sales associate should have said or done to make these women stop it?
Stop it you’re making far too much sense for these people. They see racism in a doorknob.

Old 07-14-2021, 08:38 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,261,525 times
If by now people haven't figured out that others will quickly pull out their phone to film just about everything, that's your problem. The days of acting up in public are done unless you want to risk losing your livelihood.

Old 07-14-2021, 08:43 PM

1,742 posts, read 958,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Reminds me of this woman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B496RNx_ck

Or this woman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfVU87y1B60

It's just another entitled white woman who behaves horribly, then they freak out when they realize there's lasting proof of their behavior and they may have to face consequences of their actions. So they have to turn into the victim and hysterically claim they're being attacked. The videoing is necessary because if it comes down to a he said/she said (or in this case a she said/she said), the tear-stained white woman is more likely to be believed. (I'm a white woman, and I know that much to be true)

And frankly, making it go viral is necessary, because that's the only way these women actually do face consequences for their actions.
I've been in retail management at the store level for a very long time. This type of behavior is not "white" behavior. I have seen customers of all races and ethnic backgrounds do and say outrageous things.

Old 07-14-2021, 08:58 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
People like that infuriate me because they just give more ammunition to the "entitled white woman" (aka Karen) myth.

(NOTE: "Myth" is not the right word, but I am having a brain freeze as to what the word is for a commonly held belief that is actually not true in most cases -- meaning that, yes, it IS true that thee are many "Karens" out there, but at least 90% of white women are not spoiled brats. I worked for in retail in middle-class suburbs for about a dozen years, and I did not see even one case of anyone acting like the "Karens" in viral videos. However, it is true that many women of all "types" are busybodies who do not hesitate to speak up if they see something that they consider to be wrong. For example, I myself once told a group of kids to stop goofing around on a high sort of overpass without a guardrail because I was afraid of one of them fell, they could become seriously hurt. If that makes me a "Karen", so be it.)
The black version is called a "Sheniqua" or a "Felicia." There is a difference between the two, but I'm not sure what it is.

Old 07-14-2021, 09:21 PM

72 posts, read 51,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Key elements missing. What really did transpire before the camera gets turned on.
I'm not buying this one sided skit.

And no I'm not into video unless a crime is in progress.

This harassment by camera is dern near silly sometimes. I wouldn't want a camera in my face while being mocked.
I noticed that the woman was one of the only people on camera not wearing a mask - makes me wonder if the freak-out started over her being turned away for not having a mask.

(Also, lol at the race-baiting in the OP which is kind of annoying).

Also, did the police tell the black woman to leave the mall? Unless the mall decided to ban her, or they were going to arrest her, it shouldn't have been in their jurisdiction to just tell her to leave.

Last edited by SoulfulSnake; 07-14-2021 at 09:31 PM..

Old 07-15-2021, 03:23 AM

4,005 posts, read 2,081,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
It's the Short Hills mall in Millburn which is North Jersey. I used to work a few block from it. Back in the 80's it used to be a more upscale mall.

I watched all of the videos. I agree, there is a lot missing because it supposedly happened at the panty table, the filming is by the registers.

I personally am over people videoing everything and uploading it online. I would think different if the gal doing the taping just filed charges against her without making it go viral.

It is taken way too far in my opinion, the girl filming has a go fund me that's at $72,962 raised of $20,000 goal which is absolutely ridiculous.

Hopefully, Victoria's Secret will release the whole video which unfortunately will not contain audio.

As for the woman being dramatic, she should have walked out of the store and gotten security if she had an issue with being recorded.
Did someone get arrested, lol? Why does she need help defending herself from Karen? Its almost $100,000 now. I wonder if the whole thing is a scam and the two plan to split the proceeds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events