Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2021, 06:10 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,623,328 times

Advertisements

Police are looking for a 22 year old girl who did not return home with her fiance after a cross-country trip that they documented on Instagram.

Story

"A New York woman who was traveling across the United States with her fiancé, while living out of a van, has been reported missing after he returned home without her.

Laundrie [the fiance] has since returned to his Florida home with the couple's 2012 Ford Transit van, which police said has since been recovered. He has reportedly hired an attorney and refused to cooperate with investigators, according to her family."
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 09-13-2021, 06:17 AM

765 posts, read 625,666 times
That does sound suspicious, though hiring a lawyer is the smart thing to do.

Old 09-13-2021, 06:26 AM

61,926 posts, read 87,533,958 times
I don't understand why her BF, who safely returned, doesn't want to say what happened to her, is refusing to cooperate with the investigation but hired an attorney.
Seems like tragedy happened...

More info:
https://heightzone.com/who-is-brian-...tos-boyfriend/

Last edited by elnina; 09-13-2021 at 06:35 AM..

Old 09-13-2021, 07:31 AM

2,216 posts, read 2,172,084 times
Well, I hope she is okay, but in these missing spouse/partner cases, it usually does not turn out well after a person is gone for a few days. I will wait to judge, but concerned nonetheless.

Old 09-13-2021, 07:44 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,162,431 times
I saw this story yesterday. Their youtube channel only has one video and tbh wasn't interesting. They had 59 subscribers and while I was watching, it changed to 60. I'm was hoping it was a stunt to gain more viewers but now I doubt it.

I hate that her bf is not giving any info. The whole thing is really off...

Old 09-13-2021, 08:43 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,661,154 times
This is going to be extremely difficult for police to investigate, considering how many remote and rural places they visited, her remains could be ANYWHERE in any of those locations.

If the guy had this planned out to get rid of her, it was pretty clever, and almost guarantees he will get off scott free.

Old 09-13-2021, 09:18 AM

23,901 posts, read 33,675,718 times
I think she had a fatal accident, he freaked out and left. If he left her somewhere she had a phone. Lawyer is smart but the lawyer should be speaking to LE.

I guess he'd rather take his chances with going to jail.

Old 09-13-2021, 09:40 AM

102,260 posts, read 108,258,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I think she had a fatal accident, he freaked out and left. If he left her somewhere she had a phone. Lawyer is smart but the lawyer should be speaking to LE.

I guess he'd rather take his chances with going to jail.
I don't think the fact that he hired a laywer is per se incriminating. What's suspicious is, that he never contacted LE back wherever it was that she disappeared. He never filed a missing person report, or reported a fatal accident or kidnapping or whatever. Though depending on what happened, I agree with you--he could have felt he would be incriminated. And yes, the lawyer should be the one speaking to LE. Otherwise, why did he hire him? lol. He should be referring all LE and media inquiries to his lawyer.

And speaking of paying a lawyer, I wonder where the $$ came from for the road trip? Nothing is said of his job history or economic situation. At 22, she wasn't likely to have much savings for a long road trip, but who knows? Was this sort of her college graduation gift to herself; a cross-country road trip, before buckling down and doing a job search? Hopefully more info will be forthcoming. The parents at least should have answers to some of these questions.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 09-13-2021 at 09:57 AM..

Old 09-13-2021, 09:45 AM

17,461 posts, read 16,639,620 times
This does not sound good at all. She's an adorable girl, my heart goes out to her family. I hope that she is found soon.

That young man needs to tell the police what happened.

Old 09-13-2021, 10:03 AM

23,901 posts, read 33,675,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I don't think the fact that he hired a laywer is per se incriminating. What's suspicious is, that he never contacted LE back wherever it was that she disappeared. He never filed a missing person report, or reported a fatal accident or kidnapping or whatever. Though depending on what happened, I agree with you--he could have felt he would be incriminated. And yes, the lawyer should be the one speaking to LE. Otherwise, why did he hire him? lol. He should be referring all LE and media inquiries to his lawyer.

And speaking of paying a lawyer, I wonder where the $$ came from for the road trip? Nothing is said of his job history or economic situation. At 22, she wasn't likely to have much savings for a long road trip, but who knows? Was this sort of her college graduation gift to herself; a cross-country road trip, before buckling down and doing a job search? Hopefully more info will be forthcoming. The parents at least should have answers to some of these questions.

Great questions Ruth. I have the same.

Been busy today, my 1st Jane Doe case from when I started in 2009 has been identified but not officially. Been posting and speaking to her son's wife right now. Trying to help them bring her remains home. Shotgun Jane
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events