Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2022, 06:51 AM

13,285 posts, read 8,472,584 times

Advertisements

Bernard Goetz syndrome strikes again!

Traveled on trains in The Nederlaans. Love their system. Travelers don't carry weapons. ( Nor are they desiring too) . A tactic force greets the travelers and that pretty much relieves the traveler that no harm is allowed on their watch.

Been on trains. Been in areas where gun shootings occur. At no point did someone say , hey was that a train I heard.

So sorry for the citizens who found the afflicted. Troubling to say the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2022, 07:30 AM

88,647 posts, read 84,928,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Bernard Goetz syndrome strikes again!

Traveled on trains in The Nederlaans. Love their system. Travelers don't carry weapons. ( Nor are they desiring too) . A tactic force greets the travelers and that pretty much relieves the traveler that no harm is allowed on their watch.

Been on trains. Been in areas where gun shootings occur. At no point did someone say , hey was that a train I heard.

So sorry for the citizens who found the afflicted. Troubling to say the least.
Why say something so ridiculous and unnecessary? No one said that. What was said was that someone might be on a train, hear a sound, and not realize it's a gunshot.

Old 01-20-2022, 07:36 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,006,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohilus View Post

The per/mile fatality rate for trains is a small fraction of what it is for cars and trucks. Do you feel unsafe in a car or truck? Me, neither.

If you're frightened of Amtrak because 1 of their 12,000,000+ annual riders got murdered, then some remedial mathematics is in order.
Riding Amtrak is super safe or course. Anytime someone is murdered it is used as a launching pad for people's agendas. Then you got the anti gun nuts, blah, blah.

My guess is it was a hit on someone that was the intended target as it usually is. Not a random shooting.

Old 01-20-2022, 09:31 AM

50,893 posts, read 24,404,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
If you understood my comment, you would understand that is not what I meant.
You gave a murder on a train as an example of how our society in going down the toilet.

Old 01-20-2022, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
What in the world have you been drinking today? What does any of this have to do with race?
I agree with you.

Old 01-20-2022, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Guess what? Amtrak trains are "gun free zones"-or as I like to call them, OSHA for criminals. The victim had no means of protecting himself. Thank you Democrats.

https://aliengearholsters.com/blog/c...-amtrak-train/
You do realize, don't you, that the vast majority of Americans do not choose to carry a gun? And that includes the majority of Republicans.

Old 01-20-2022, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
What in the world have you been drinking today? What does any of this have to do with race?
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I agree with you.
The victim was a black man, so I guess that's supposed to imply...something.

Old 01-20-2022, 10:19 AM

Quote:
You do realize, don't you, that the vast majority of Americans do not choose to carry a gun? And that includes the majority of Republicans.
Exactly. And some of us do not live in the type of world where we could immediately identify a sound as a gunshot.

Old 01-20-2022, 06:34 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,156,135 times
Quote:
How do you know that?

Old 01-20-2022, 07:09 PM

16,637 posts, read 8,643,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
With the massive proliferation of guns in the nation, no place is safe. Thank you NRA.

Criminals will still get guns even if you could restrict law abiding citizens from owning them. How about blame the criminals raised with no morals/values/religion, who take another humans life without a second thought.

Additionally these criminals are walking the street instead of being locked up. The last three high profile murders that have made national news did not involve guns (stabbing/punched to death/pushed into path of train), but they did all have one thing in common, career criminals and nut jobs.
They should be behind bars or in a mental facility, but instead the same bleeding hearts who are against lawful gun ownership, want the thugs out on the streets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events