Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2022, 08:44 PM

5,425 posts, read 3,488,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
That's great, I really do think BinaxNow is the best one. I noticed they were back at my Walgreens which is great news. I'll go buy one of those again before using the iHealth made in China test they sent.
My niece lives in the same condo complex I do. I don't know when she ordered hers but they came today. Also BinaxNOW and expire 01/07/2023.

I'm happy to hear these tests are the best!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2022, 09:53 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,268,500 times
My son got his. What a colossal waste of money. It was tossed in a corner never to be found. Cont on the government to always fall behind the curve.

Old 02-16-2022, 05:21 AM

18,065 posts, read 15,658,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
My son got his. What a colossal waste of money. It was tossed in a corner never to be found. Cont on the government to always fall behind the curve.
If he needs/wants to test himself for cv-19, within the next several months, before the test expires, why was this a waste of money? Would he have treated a rapid test kit better if he had shelled out $25+ for one at his local pharmacy? All rapid tests have expiration dates, even the ones you buy at the store.

Old 02-16-2022, 05:47 AM

12,385 posts, read 8,146,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
If he needs/wants to test himself for cv-19, within the next several months, before the test expires, why was this a waste of money? Would he have treated a rapid test kit better if he had shelled out $25+ for one at his local pharmacy? All rapid tests have expiration dates, even the ones you buy at the store.
The waste would be everybody rushing to get the test now to store in their house, or use as soon as the letter carrier delivered it, thus watching the expiration date come.

So the question is why the government waste? The government which has for a couple years been telling people to stay home if they are sick were seeing the labor force self diagnose and not work for a week of isolation and semi quarantine. And the society wants to get back to the 2019 world where winners like Michael Jordan work with flu like symptoms and it becomes part of his legend. So if any symptom shows up you can take that rapid test and then go to work, the hoped for actual money savings, as you pass another disease besides COVID-19.

Old 02-16-2022, 08:08 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
That's interesting, as my test box is blue and white and made in the Republic of Korea. It's distributed by Roche. Expiration is 7-13.

I also ordered a set for my parents while I was visiting them this weekend - will be interesting to see how long it takes to ship at this stage. Not that any of us will ever need them...
I wish mine were the same as yours. Unfortunately, they're not. Mine were definitely made in China, and they expire in early July of 2022.

Old 02-16-2022, 08:45 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Anyone else just living and not caring about this virus anymore? I have no interest in a test at this point. The virus is weak and no threat to healthy people. If you are unhealthy or old, then do your thing, but my goodness nature took care of this itself. Humans did about nothing.

Old 02-16-2022, 09:00 AM

5,425 posts, read 3,488,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Who tossed the test into a corner? The mail carrier? I'm confused.

Old 02-16-2022, 10:54 AM

18,065 posts, read 15,658,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
The waste would be everybody rushing to get the test now to store in their house, or use as soon as the letter carrier delivered it, thus watching the expiration date come.
And how is that the government's fault? ALL rapid tests have expiration dates, including the ones people purchase for $30+.

I swear, there's just no winning.
  • People couldn't find rapid tests, because the stores were/are sold out, they're furious & complain.

• People now can get rapid tests for free, mailed to them, and they complain about the waste because it's not timed to exactly when they need it, not a moment too early or a moment too late, people rush to order theirs, and the tests will expire in a matter of months, as any rapid test would and does. Wahhhhhh!!!

I have zero sympathy. I'm tired of the complaining.

Old 02-16-2022, 02:52 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,765,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
That's interesting, as my test box is blue and white and made in the Republic of Korea. It's distributed by Roche. Expiration is 7-13.

I also ordered a set for my parents while I was visiting them this weekend - will be interesting to see how long it takes to ship at this stage. Not that any of us will ever need them...
My mom finally got hers. It's the same thing you got. I on the other hand, have yet to even have them shipped.
I ordered for both my mom and I on the same day. But, I'm happy to hear my mom finally got her tests. I had feared that they forgot about the whole order. I guess, I'll just have to sit tight. I hope I get the BinaxNow. Patience is a virtue since they're handing these late.

Old 02-16-2022, 06:45 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,452,962 times
My husband just called from the post office to tell me that our kits, which were ordered the day before the website was to go live, arrived. He didn't open the package, so no details.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events