Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2022, 07:33 PM

18,074 posts, read 15,658,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
The virus is weak and no threat to healthy people.
Sadly not true. Just go and see the many people (on HermanCainAward on Reddit), who are still coming down with covid, even though they think covid is a hoax or no big deal, ending up in the hospital, on vents, and some dying. Delta variant is probably still out there, along with Omicron. These are unvaxxed folks who believe their immune system is all they need.

Healthy? A lot of people have underlying conditions that increase their risk, and may not even realize it. High blood sugar, high blood pressure, hidden heart disease, etc.

The virus isn't considered 'weak,' it still can knock people on their arses. My dental hygienist told me yesterday she and the other 3 folks on staff (all fully vaxxed) got covid about a month or 2 ago, and their symptoms ranged from "like a mild flu" to "in bed for a few days and feeling sick for a week."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2022, 04:03 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
My mom finally got hers. It's the same thing you got. I on the other hand, have yet to even have them shipped.
I ordered for both my mom and I on the same day. But, I'm happy to hear my mom finally got her tests. I had feared that they forgot about the whole order. I guess, I'll just have to sit tight. I hope I get the BinaxNow. Patience is a virtue since they're handing these late.

I ordered for my daughter and I the 2nd day and for a friend a week later, none of us have gotten tests in NJ. I wondered if maybe our tests didn't get submitted, I went to the site to order yesterday, it said I already ordered tests. No clue how to check the shipment.

My daughter is on week 4 since symptoms with Omicron, my grandson is week 3. I didn't get it. Neither are vaccinated, I had J&J.

Grandson's peds did a rapid test which was negative. She said they aren't reliable for Omnicron.

Old 02-17-2022, 06:40 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
I just visited my hair stylist. She got COVID the week after my last appointment. It took her two full weeks of pretty severe illness to even go back to work, and she's still much more tired than usual. She is not vaccinated for the record. Neither is her boyfriend and they both got it and both were out of work for two weeks and were both sick as in with the flu. Fever, chills, malaise, some coughing, plenty of congestion. Neither lost their senses of taste or smell though.

I forgot to ask her about the tests but I doubt she signed up for them. She is very anti government and very anti vax as well.

Old 02-17-2022, 06:49 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,157,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHETTAOLAO View Post
Same here my is from Ihealth Made in China exp 07-07-2022 with the infection rating decline sharply a lot of these test kits will end up in the garbage landfill.
I got iHealth too. Exp 07/02/2022.

Old 02-17-2022, 07:08 AM

248 posts, read 243,669 times
I got mine earlier this week. White box with blue print. Flowflex. Made in China, expire 2022-12-22

Old 02-18-2022, 11:00 AM

50,768 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I ordered for my daughter and I the 2nd day and for a friend a week later, none of us have gotten tests in NJ. I wondered if maybe our tests didn't get submitted, I went to the site to order yesterday, it said I already ordered tests. No clue how to check the shipment.

My daughter is on week 4 since symptoms with Omicron, my grandson is week 3. I didn't get it. Neither are vaccinated, I had J&J.

Grandson's peds did a rapid test which was negative. She said they aren't reliable for Omnicron.
I’m in New Jersey and I didn’t get mine yet either, however a couple of my coworkers who are also in New Jersey did get theirs. I don’t know what the deal is.

Old 02-18-2022, 01:35 PM

36,519 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I’m in New Jersey and I didn’t get mine yet either, however a couple of my coworkers who are also in New Jersey did get theirs. I don’t know what the deal is.
I ordered the day I saw this thread so about a month ago. I got an email this week stating I should expect mine in the mail this coming Tuesday.

Old 02-18-2022, 01:36 PM

36,519 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYBob View Post
I got mine earlier this week. White box with blue print. Flowflex. Made in China, expire 2022-12-22
that really incites confidence.

Old 02-19-2022, 09:13 AM

8,936 posts, read 4,765,592 times
Finally. My order (which I placed for both my mom & myself a day before the website went live) has finally shipped! Yay!
I honestly thought they forgot all about our orders when I heard from other posters here that they have already gotten there's weeks ago. But my delivery is expected this Thursday (my mom got hers last Thursday).

So, for all of you still waiting... hang in there. They are a coming!

Old 02-19-2022, 04:33 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
Mine came today by Fed-Ex. I ordered them the day I saw it on here. It's below freezing out so I was glad I was here to pick them up on the doorstep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events