Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2022, 06:00 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times

Advertisements

Mine and my daughters were finally delivered yesterday. I applied for them the day after it went live. I thought they would never come. Haven't opened them yet to see the brand and expiration dates. Ug. To think they may expire before we need them.

If you think you have omicron, you may want to swab your throat or wait 2 or 3 days before doing the test. My grandson's rapid was negative, PCR positive. He was at 24 hours with symptoms. I've read that omicron doesn't affect the nose as much as the throat. SuzyQ shared a link in another thread the other day, they suggested waiting longer if it's negative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2022, 01:06 PM

3,155 posts, read 2,700,812 times
Ha. As predicted, they arrived when nobody cared anymore.

I'm enjoying picking up free N-95 masks at all the pharmacies. Nobody else is asking for them, so the clerks are always like "Oh, yeah, we have a ton, here take a bunch."

Old 02-24-2022, 10:36 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Mine and my daughters were finally delivered yesterday. I applied for them the day after it went live. I thought they would never come. Haven't opened them yet to see the brand and expiration dates. Ug. To think they may expire before we need them.

If you think you have omicron, you may want to swab your throat or wait 2 or 3 days before doing the test. My grandson's rapid was negative, PCR positive. He was at 24 hours with symptoms. I've read that omicron doesn't affect the nose as much as the throat. SuzyQ shared a link in another thread the other day, they suggested waiting longer if it's negative.
Yes, I read Omicron has a lower viral load, and really 4-5 days is best if you're not symptomatic.

Old 02-24-2022, 06:21 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Yes, I read Omicron has a lower viral load, and really 4-5 days is best if you're not symptomatic.
And personally, I'm not going to take a test if I don't have symptoms, unless someone somewhere requires it to be done in order to, you know, live. (Or travel.)

Old 02-25-2022, 01:08 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post

The suggestion was 2 to 3 days after symptoms started. Not sure if I included that.

Old 02-26-2022, 03:58 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,240 times
Some libraries are now taking delivery of Covid test kits. I picked up four packages (eight tests) yesterday for my daughter, who works in an office where nobody masks and has frequent contact with an immunocompromised family member. She tests frequently, and those $25 test kits add up quickly.

Old 02-26-2022, 05:30 PM

17,391 posts, read 16,532,427 times
Ordered the tests a couple of weeks ago and got them already. They expire in July.

Old 02-27-2022, 09:56 AM

10,560 posts, read 7,758,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
And personally, I'm not going to take a test if I don't have symptoms, unless someone somewhere requires it to be done in order to, you know, live. (Or travel.)
I just took the test after traveling. My mom is 91 years old and my wife works in health care, so she suggested it as a precaution.

Although I'm inclined to agree with you otherwise, remember that most people who get infected with Omicron are asymptomatic.

Old 02-28-2022, 03:36 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
I just took the test after traveling. My mom is 91 years old and my wife works in health care, so she suggested it as a precaution.

Although I'm inclined to agree with you otherwise, remember that most people who get infected with Omicron are asymptomatic.
Yes, true. I don't see any need for testing personally but to each his or her own.

I am sick to death of this pandemic. Maybe it's over. I hope so.

Old 02-28-2022, 03:45 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Yes, true. I don't see any need for testing personally but to each his or her own.

I am sick to death of this pandemic. Maybe it's over. I hope so.
Perhaps. My spouse's employer, which has been exceptionally cautious during the pandemic, lifted its ban on employee travel today. It probably won't matter for us because he works from home, and none of his clients seem to be in a big hurry to have him on site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events