Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2022, 02:18 PM

33,227 posts, read 26,434,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frustratedintelligence View Post
And there even more people that will fabricate the details of an altercation to make themselves look innocent. We can both agree that this is more common human behavior right?

I'm not saying that there aren't violent people out there, but it usually takes a lot more than that to get them to pull a gun out on somebody.
Some people just want to kill other people who have done nothing to them. Random attacks on innocent people are not that uncommon. Recently, several people in different events have been pushed in front of a subway train. A man walked into a furniture store and murdered a woman. Women have been killed simply for saying 'no' to someone making advances to them.

If you want to assume that there was more to the story of the woman who bumped into the man in the store, that's your assumption. Unless further details develop I will assume that the man simply didn't accept the woman's apology and followed her home and shot her. Thankfully, she wasn't killed.

Old 01-28-2022, 02:19 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,146,413 times
Quote:
And there even more people that will fabricate the details of an altercation to make themselves look innocent. We can both agree that this is more common human behavior right?

I'm not saying that there aren't violent people out there, but it usually takes a lot more than that to get them to pull a gun out on somebody.

We live in the St. Louis area. 2 different times, my husband and I were driving down the highway, not doing anything wrong...didn't cut anyone off, didn't look at anyone funny, didn't give the one-finger salute, etc. Just riding down the highway.

Someone got mad at us to the point of acting dangerously in traffic. We could tell he was looking in his mirrors and talking angrily to us, and wildly gesturing. He WAS behind us...which he didn't like, so he whipped around and then changed back into our lane in front of us, and then hard braked. All this while driving down the highway. He would change lanes, and he would also, doing the same thing multiple times. Eventually, we were able to maneuver over to the right lane, and then get off the highway without him following us.

Another time, again, not doing anything to make someone mad (at least that we knew of) someone got mad and was behaving in a threatening manner toward us as we were all driving down the highway. It was scary. I tried to dig my phone out of my purse to video his aggressive and scary driving...but my adrenaline was making my hands shake, and I was so nervous and scared...couldn't find my phone. But I pulled my pack of cigarettes out, and pretended it was my phone and pretended that I was filming him...which caused him to slow way way down, and drop real far behind us, and then get off the highway at the next exit.

And about 6 months ago, a friend of ours was driving down the highway, and some random people/person started shooting at his vehicle, and trying to bump him and force him off the road. Little did they know, he had a gun too, and started shooting back.

I'm a plain jane older woman. I figure if it can happen to us, it can happen to anyone.

Old 01-28-2022, 02:52 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,612,234 times
Quote:
I think it's more likely that there's more to the story than the woman is letting on.

Following and then shooting someone who apologized to you after accidentally bumping into you? Human beings just don't work that way.
And throwing the rest of their life away too. You're right, it doesn't add up.
But neither does posting this story on citydata. Of all the news, why this minor story? It's not even a "thinking" story, it goes nowhere.

Old 01-28-2022, 02:57 PM

45,354 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
I think it's more likely that there's more to the story than the woman is letting on.

Following and then shooting someone who apologized to you after accidentally bumping into you? Human beings just don't work that way.
Yeah, there are those who would do that.

I can name a dozen students I taught over the years who would, in fact a couple did. I broke up I don't know how many fights because someone got dirt on their Jordans and blamed another kid.

Look at any shootings in a club, 90% of them are because someone felt they were disrespected.

Old 01-28-2022, 03:25 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,472,094 times
If you think you're being followed, make three right turns (or left turns). If that car is still behind you, it IS following you for sure. Don't go home. Drive to a police station. Stay in your car with the engine running and the front end pointed at an easy exit. Lay on your horn and wait for the armed cops to come to you. They'll already suspect something is wrong, so they'll be ready for anything.

Old 01-28-2022, 03:26 PM

10,019 posts, read 8,629,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
We live in the St. Louis area. 2 different times, my husband and I were driving down the highway, not doing anything wrong...didn't cut anyone off, didn't look at anyone funny, didn't give the one-finger salute, etc. Just riding down the highway.

Someone got mad at us to the point of acting dangerously in traffic. We could tell he was looking in his mirrors and talking angrily to us, and wildly gesturing. He WAS behind us...which he didn't like, so he whipped around and then changed back into our lane in front of us, and then hard braked. All this while driving down the highway. He would change lanes, and he would also, doing the same thing multiple times. Eventually, we were able to maneuver over to the right lane, and then get off the highway without him following us.

Another time, again, not doing anything to make someone mad (at least that we knew of) someone got mad and was behaving in a threatening manner toward us as we were all driving down the highway. It was scary. I tried to dig my phone out of my purse to video his aggressive and scary driving...but my adrenaline was making my hands shake, and I was so nervous and scared...couldn't find my phone. But I pulled my pack of cigarettes out, and pretended it was my phone and pretended that I was filming him...which caused him to slow way way down, and drop real far behind us, and then get off the highway at the next exit.

And about 6 months ago, a friend of ours was driving down the highway, and some random people/person started shooting at his vehicle, and trying to bump him and force him off the road. Little did they know, he had a gun too, and started shooting back.

I'm a plain jane older woman. I figure if it can happen to us, it can happen to anyone.

A bad reputation our city has had for years, happens to me every once in a while. Too many hot-heads. About a month ago my nephew was driving me to pick up my car and some old woman came speeding up behind us and cut in front, then slammed on her brakes and turned into the parking lot where we were turning. As she was getting out of her car my nephew told her that her turn signal wasn't working. She gave him an angry look and yelled, " Go F yourself."
My nephew responded with his Chevy Chase impression, " Ok, thank you."
We laughed as we drove away.

Old 01-28-2022, 03:29 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,472,094 times
Quote:

Exactly what do you think she might have done that justified him gunning her down like that?

Maybe she swore at him after bumping into him?

Maybe she called him a nasty name?

Maybe she didn't really apologize?

What?

Old 01-28-2022, 03:31 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Coatesville is a dump. What else do you want to know?

Old 01-28-2022, 03:33 PM

10,889 posts, read 7,382,548 times
What is the problem with them?
Too casual? Jeans and sweats are super casual. They also used to be derided this way.
Too comfortable? That's an idiotic reason.

Maybe it's just that you're stuck on the label. "This was sold as nightwear, you can't wear it for any other purpose!".
They're clothes. They cover up the naughty bits, keep the body warm. How different are they from day wear?

Slightly off topic, this is like complaining about people swimming in their underwear. Some swim suits are far more revealing.

Old 01-28-2022, 03:46 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,146,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
What is the problem with them?
Too casual? Jeans and sweats are super casual. They also used to be derided this way.
Too comfortable? That's an idiotic reason.

Maybe it's just that you're stuck on the label. "This was sold as nightwear, you can't wear it for any other purpose!".
They're clothes. They cover up the naughty bits, keep the body warm. How different are they from day wear?

Slightly off topic, this is like complaining about people swimming in their underwear. Some swim suits are far more revealing.
Wrong topic. ;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events