Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2022, 09:28 AM

29,521 posts, read 22,668,047 times

Advertisements

It's crazy out there, you never know who you will run into. Just speculating, but I wonder if there were more heated words exchanged that worsened this situation (not victim blaming, just trying to see the whole picture).

By the way, the safe thing to do if you think you are being followed is to drive to a police station if possible. Anything but go to your house.

https://news.yahoo.com/woman-bumps-m...162705444.html

Quote:
Officers in Pennsylvania are searching for a man who they say shot at a woman who accidentally bumped into him at a grocery store.

The woman, who Coatesville Police Department officers say is in her 20s, apologized to the man after bumping into him at Coatesville Market on Jan. 26, according to a news release. But the suspect, identified as 26-year-old Moenell Coleman, became irate and threatened to shoot her, police say.

She left the store and was followed by Coleman, who allegedly continued to threaten her. When she made it to her home a block away, Coleman approached her as she stood in the front door, police said.

Old 01-28-2022, 12:17 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
It's crazy out there, you never know who you will run into. Just speculating, but I wonder if there were more heated words exchanged that worsened this situation (not victim blaming, just trying to see the whole picture).

By the way, the safe thing to do if you think you are being followed is to drive to a police station if possible. Anything but go to your house.
IDK about "heated words exchanged". It said she apologized. What I'm finding, is that some people seem to go around with easily-triggered rage, whether road rage, or other. I dont' know why so many people are uptight, and I'm not talking Covid-era stuff. This was noticeable way before then: extreme reactions to minor things, or even to seemingly nothing.

The bolded was a priceless addition to your post, OP, a real public service.

Old 01-28-2022, 12:54 PM

32,659 posts, read 48,067,543 times
The world is full of crazy people and some of them are dangerous and some of them are quick to transfer their anger at some other slight onto a new target.

I don't know what traffic is like in the victim's area but sometimes it isn't possible to tell if someone is following you because there are too many cars on the road to keep track of.

Old 01-28-2022, 12:58 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,158,420 times
I can kinda sorta understand why he'd be upset maybe. She bumped his car and left the scene. No word on if she dented his car or not.

I'm not saying it's worth shooting anyone over...but I guess I can see why he was mad. Maybe.

Old 01-28-2022, 01:14 PM

33,249 posts, read 26,463,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
I can kinda sorta understand why he'd be upset maybe. She bumped his car and left the scene. No word on if she dented his car or not.

I'm not saying it's worth shooting anyone over...but I guess I can see why he was mad. Maybe.
Where does it say that she bumped into his car? The article says she accidently bumped into him - not his car.

Old 01-28-2022, 01:21 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,158,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Where does it say that she bumped into his car? The article says she accidently bumped into him - not his car.

Ohhhh...yeah, I guess you're right. I read it again, and yeah...looks like she bumped him in the store. My bad.

Old 01-28-2022, 01:25 PM

1,168 posts, read 778,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
IDK about "heated words exchanged". It said she apologized. What I'm finding, is that some people seem to go around with easily-triggered rage, whether road rage, or other. I dont' know why so many people are uptight, and I'm not talking Covid-era stuff. This was noticeable way before then: extreme reactions to minor things, or even to seemingly nothing.

The bolded was a priceless addition to your post, OP, a real public service.
I think it's more likely that there's more to the story than the woman is letting on.

Following and then shooting someone who apologized to you after accidentally bumping into you? Human beings just don't work that way.

Old 01-28-2022, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frustratedintelligence View Post
I think it's more likely that there's more to the story than the woman is letting on.

Following and then shooting someone who apologized to you after accidentally bumping into you? Human beings just don't work that way.
Oh yes they do! There are some truly crazy, angry, or just plain evil people in this world.

Old 01-28-2022, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Ohhhh...yeah, I guess you're right. I read it again, and yeah...looks like she bumped him in the store. My bad.

Old 01-28-2022, 02:02 PM

1,168 posts, read 778,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Oh yes they do! There are some truly crazy, angry, or just plain evil people in this world.
And there even more people that will fabricate the details of an altercation to make themselves look innocent. We can both agree that this is more common human behavior right?

I'm not saying that there aren't violent people out there, but it usually takes a lot more than that to get them to pull a gun out on somebody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events