Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 08:32 AM

21,876 posts, read 25,146,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Niether condemning nor condoning this, just pointing out...

Don't underestimate trucks these days, they're fast. A 4cylinder Accord would be handily absolutely smoked by just about every new truck out there.
4 banger Accord is a 5.5 0 to 60 car nowadays. In fact very few trucks will smoke it. A TRX or Raptor or Rivian for sure all will. The trucks nowadays will generally pretty much keep up with an Accord, pretty impressive when you consider how large they are, when fitted with V8 or turbo V6 engines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2022, 09:06 AM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Some folks just don't have the temperment to carry a gun around with them and so they destroy their lives and that of others as a result.

Old 02-07-2022, 09:23 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,670,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
4 banger Accord is a 5.5 0 to 60 car nowadays. In fact very few trucks will smoke it. A TRX or Raptor or Rivian for sure all will. The trucks nowadays will generally pretty much keep up with an Accord, pretty impressive when you consider how large they are, when fitted with V8 or turbo V6 engines.
New ones like that you’re describing, yes, although if that was a new Raptor it would beat it still.

That’s an older generation with a weak 4-cyl in the video. But yes, fair enough.

Old 02-07-2022, 09:57 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
You don’t have to go by media stories. They keep statistics on this stuff.

https://everytownresearch.org/report...e-on-the-rise/
Everytown?

I'm not saying these things dont happen (they do) but your sources are dodgy and biased all the way down here.

Old 02-07-2022, 10:00 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,784,322 times
I wonder if the Honda driver will change his behavior after this incident. I know I would.

Old 02-07-2022, 10:23 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times
What’s most disturbing is that rage has become to go to for many regardless of the seriousness of any incident. Some cuts you off in traffic. So what? Were you hurt or inconvenienced in any way? Nope. Why this situation required any response much less a violent one is beyond me.

Old 02-07-2022, 10:32 AM

Ok, seriously WTH?????? From the OP's first link:

Quote:
Both Popper and the other driver pulled over immediately after the incident and called 911. They were both allowed to leave the scene at the time.

The other driver’s car was riddled with bullet holes, according to authorities.

Popper, who voluntarily handed over his dashcam to authorities after the incident, was arrested a month later.
P.S. His speed (lower left in video) was below 60mph so he cut the guy off got tailgated and honked at...as he continued to drive super slow in the fast lane and then blew out his own drivers side window and windshield firing at the other driver. Guy is a complete and utter tool.

Old 02-07-2022, 10:38 AM

50,786 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Everytown?

I'm not saying these things dont happen (they do) but your sources are dodgy and biased all the way down here.
They seem to be the main source of stats about it, up to you to believe them or not. But this cop says it's worse now: And my experience says it is, because I don't recall hearing about it as much years ago, and it would have been actually bigger news then than now. Last week was the first time I have seen it so close to where I live (20 minutes). And you can clearly see rage overall is increasing, with the people starting fights on planes and in stores now. Why would increasing rage not result in increased road rage? It only makes sense it would increase everywhere.

"We’re actually getting in arguments and shooting each other over not using a turn signal,” said Michigan State Police Lt. Mike Shaw.

In his two decades with the Michigan State Police, Lt. Shaw says he’s never seen this level of violence on the roads. So far this year, Michigan State Police have responded to 26 freeway shootings in metro Detroit, 4 of them fatal. Seven resulted in injuries, and 13 of them were road rage."

Back in the day no one worried about honking at a driver that cut them off, now it's a totally different story. P

Old 02-07-2022, 10:47 AM

Quote:
They seem to be the main source of stats about it, up to you to believe them or not. But this cop says it's worse now: And my experience says it is, because I don't recall hearing about it as much years ago, and it would have been actually bigger news then than now. Last week was the first time I have seen it so close to where I live (20 minutes). And you can clearly see rage overall is increasing, with the people starting fights on planes and in stores now. Why would increasing rage not result in increased road rage? It only makes sense it would increase everywhere.

"We’re actually getting in arguments and shooting each other over not using a turn signal,” said Michigan State Police Lt. Mike Shaw.

In his two decades with the Michigan State Police, Lt. Shaw says he’s never seen this level of violence on the roads. So far this year, Michigan State Police have responded to 26 freeway shootings in metro Detroit, 4 of them fatal. Seven resulted in injuries, and 13 of them were road rage."

Back in the day no one worried about honking at a driver that cut them off, now it's a totally different story. P
I think a lot of what you're saying is valid.

A lot of economic and social pressure associated with the recent years of disruption sure haven't helped matters.

Also a whole culture shift of "standing up for yourself" instead of cutting people some slack.

Old 02-07-2022, 11:41 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,933 times
Quote:

Not a new thing.

I lived in SoCal in the early 90's.

https://timeline.com/road-rage-histo...s-563259c3ba78

And yes, your sources in your links are biased and dodgy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events