Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 12:16 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
What’s most disturbing is that rage has become to go to for many regardless of the seriousness of any incident. Some cuts you off in traffic. So what? Were you hurt or inconvenienced in any way? Nope. Why this situation required any response much less a violent one is beyond me.
That is a good way to look at, but people dont like to feel they were cheated or shorted in anyway, even if its something simple like getting in front of you in traffic, or causing you the slightest delay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2022, 07:51 AM

17,300 posts, read 22,030,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
4 banger Accord is a 5.5 0 to 60 car nowadays. In fact very few trucks will smoke it. A TRX or Raptor or Rivian for sure all will. The trucks nowadays will generally pretty much keep up with an Accord, pretty impressive when you consider how large they are, when fitted with V8 or turbo V6 engines.

Ummm not quite:

2021 Accord equipped with the small, yet punchy 1.5-liter turbocharged I-4, 60 mph arrives in 7.2 seconds. Fuel-sipping Hybrid models accomplish that feat in 6.7 seconds

Old 02-08-2022, 07:56 AM

17,300 posts, read 22,030,713 times
I tend to have nice and fast cars. I don't want any damage and very little could get past me if I chose to engage.

That being said, I drive smart and let others go down the road at whatever speed they want. In the 2nd incident with the knucklehead with the dashcam showing him shooting the other guy, why would you shoot up your own car, then pull over and wait with the guy until the cops arrive? If you were in fear of your life you let guns blaze but then your sitting on the side of the road with no more ammo waiting? Crazy.........

Old 02-08-2022, 08:21 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,668,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Some folks just don't have the temperment to carry a gun around with them and so they destroy their lives and that of others as a result.
For once we are in total 100% agreement. This guy is going to pay dearly.

This guy deserves a felony attempted murder charge, or some kind of felony gun charge. Once convicted will never be legally allowed to posses a firearm again, if caught with one he goes bye bye for a long time.

What an idiot, just how he pulls the gun out right away.

Guy is also an idiot for turning over his dash cam footage to the cops, defense wise. He should have crushed that thing.

And the driver #3/video guy is also a complete idiot, I agree with you there too.

Old 02-08-2022, 09:47 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
There was an incident last summer, happened right up my street, a guy and a lady were apparently driving aggressively with each other, later the guy claimed she cut him off at an intersection, and eventually 4 miles later, she came to a stop and this guy pulled in front of her, so she could not drive off, he got out and shot her in the head, in broad daylight!...

So, basically, this lady (who had 3 young kids) is shot dead because she may have cut someone off at a traffic light!!

Strange enough, there were many people trying to justify him shooting her over this.

Old 02-08-2022, 10:39 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,668,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
There was an incident last summer, happened right up my street, a guy and a lady were apparently driving aggressively with each other, later the guy claimed she cut him off at an intersection, and eventually 4 miles later, she came to a stop and this guy pulled in front of her, so she could not drive off, he got out and shot her in the head, in broad daylight!...

So, basically, this lady (who had 3 young kids) is shot dead because she may have cut someone off at a traffic light!!

Strange enough, there were many people trying to justify him shooting her over this.
Link? I don’t get into RR, try my best to avoid it, but oh I’m armed in case some psycho comes at me.

Surely your example, the guy was charged with Murder 1?

Old 02-08-2022, 11:47 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,421,443 times
This is pretty common in Miami unfortunately.

Old 02-08-2022, 12:13 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,078,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timaea View Post
Agree that the drivers of both cars were idiots. What amazed me just as much was the third party commentators/filmmakers who expressed glee at what was a really serious wipeout/ flip-over accident by the Accord. In times past, I beleive there would have been more of a general citizen / community concern about the well-being of the driver of the Accord, even if he or she was a dumbass aggressor. Now, we just hear chuckles of what I can only describe as glib satisfaction.

The Accord driver was an AH. He deserved what he got, he caused it. Karma, baby. (Been watching too much Kojak lately.)

Sometimes, stupid *should* hurt.

Old 02-10-2022, 02:35 PM

631 posts, read 288,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
The Accord driver was an AH. He deserved what he got, he caused it. Karma, baby. (Been watching too much Kojak lately.)

Sometimes, stupid *should* hurt.
Not that I disagree, but I still can't imagine passing it all with glee. Sometimes, those road ragers have innocent passengers-hostages onboard. I've been a helpless child-hostage when my father went off on my mother and gunned his engine and swerved in traffic just to freak her out. What if the Accord had a terrified toddler in the backseat? Happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events