Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2022, 06:38 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
It's all the same company. They merged like 10 years ago.
I really don't know what this has to do with what I said but OK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2022, 07:12 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,150,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
You seem to think this is a big deal, its not. Sure some nice cars are toast right now but they aren't all Porsches which you seemed was going to upset their production numbers. Fact is the 1100 cars represents 1.5% of Porsche's total production. The 189 Bentleys coincidentally represents about 1.5% of their annual production (12,400 cars/suvs annually).

The cars are all insured, nobody loses a dollar(except the insurance companies) and car factories build cars so a few more weeks of production and the cars will all be built again.
Are you kidding? A few more weeks to replace all those cars? You are nuts if you think that. It is a big deal. It's a lot of money lost on 4000 vehicles, not 1100. Plus all the people waiting for their car that they won't be getting.

Old 02-21-2022, 07:15 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Quote:
Are you kidding? A few more weeks to replace all those cars? You are nuts if you think that. It is a big deal. It's a lot of money lost on 4000 vehicles, not 1100. Plus all the people waiting for their car that they won't be getting.
Hope all those Porsche owners can get by.

Old 02-21-2022, 08:00 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,464,793 times
is the lithium battery to be blamed for the fire?

Old 02-21-2022, 10:35 AM

6,539 posts, read 7,118,145 times
Quote:
Yeah then she tried the "your out of my market" so I can't sell to you. I said I have a townhouse 8 miles from your dealership........then it was umm, well I have to see if we have an open build slot.

I called on a 1800 mile used 992. I didn't like the options so I said for that money I'd rather buy new. She started the spiel but then changed her tune when I said great lets order.
I’d never deal with her again. I just texted my sales friend now, has zero 992 allocations and hasn’t had one for a few years. It is a slower volume place though. Join some Porsche Facebook groups, occasionally a guy from Chicago or FL will mention an allocation… figuring they’ll go with the highest bidder.

One company owns both Porsche dealers in the Twin Cities, they lost 17 Porsches in this fire.

Old 02-21-2022, 03:15 PM

13,707 posts, read 12,413,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
These days, the old thing of no one left aboard who is alive isn't quite the finders/keepers story we are told as children.

Let's say find a Nazi bomber in international waters loaded with treasure. It is all yours, right? Nope! It's a government aircraft that belongs to the succeeding government. If it were the US, then it takes an act of Congress to declare that it is theirs no more.

As complex as government vessels are, I suspect the flags, owners, and insurance would be equally tough for civilian vessels.

In this case, if they get control of it, there is probably a nice finder's reward or profit in selling it back, depending on how it is set up, to not bother with doing the individual cargo itself.

Of course, sometimes the best efforts still don't work......... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_America_(1939)
Hehe...Reminded me of some movies I enjoyed as a kid...

Maritime law is always interesting to me.

Old 02-21-2022, 04:06 PM

17,280 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:

Do you realize those cars were 100% insured? Not a single dollar lost on the cargo (cars).

Factories make cars, so based on their production rate is when those cars will be replaced. So someone will have to wait a few months to buy another car, so what!

Old 02-21-2022, 08:24 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,831,231 times
Quote:
Do you realize those cars were 100% insured? Not a single dollar lost on the cargo (cars).

Factories make cars, so based on their production rate is when those cars will be replaced. So someone will have to wait a few months to buy another car, so what!
Without going into a lot of detail here, if those cars were destroyed, there is a loss - the only question is to what entity. If an insurance company pays for the cargo it is a loss to the insurance company. I would expect some type of deductible to also be a loss. Value cannot be destroyed without some party incurring the loss.

Old 02-21-2022, 09:53 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,605 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:

Do you realize insurers are businesses, who will take a MASSIVE hit for this?

Not a single dollar lost? Ask the insurance companies.

Old 02-21-2022, 11:34 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,150,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Hope all those Porsche owners can get by.
Really? Don't be an ass, It's not just the "luxury" car buyers who are out. There are people who were waiting for their under 50K cars too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events