Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2022, 07:31 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,474,697 times

Advertisements

What? No headlines and reporters screaming "black man shoots white woman in cold blood"?

Not only am I sick of the disgusting, savage violence from these punks, but I'm sick of the way these things are reported.

Old 02-20-2022, 07:53 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,055,358 times
Time to end this soft on crime $hit.
The victims family, and every other family in America with similar circumstances; need to sue the judge in his or her official capacity. That being the judge who released the POS, probably without even posting any bail.
Hell, sue the states' attn'y office as well; just to drive home the issue.

Old 02-20-2022, 08:28 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
Absolutely sick. That disgusting pos should never even have been on the streets. Wth is wrong with these judges who keep letting these thugs loose on the public! Have they caught the equally pos girlfriend?

Quote from ops link...
It would be highly unusual to keep someone in jail for a couple of years awaiting trial for something like a gun charge in which the gun wasn’t actually used in a crime. I have a friend who was charged with that years ago, he had a licensed gun but had it in his car which he didn’t have a license for (hard to get in NJ). He was charged and released. The charge doesn’t usually carry a prison sentence anyway (he got probation).

Old 02-20-2022, 09:08 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,873,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Still unclear what was he seeking- a car, jewelry, cash from an uber driver? They also to be killed liked that during a robbery is rare ie single shot execution.
Yup, this crime is heartbreaking. Uber drivers aren’t flowing with cash, so it’s not likely he would get anything more than some pocket change or jewelry anyways. But to then KILL her, makes even less sense. What was he thinking to kill someone over some pocket change and now spending the rest of his life (HOPEFULLY) in jail???

It comes down to the fact that many thugs, are not properly socialized. They don’t have a basic understanding of right and wrong, and can’t properly process societal norms. The fact that he couldn’t even process that what he did wasn’t worth it (or more importantly that it was just morally wrong) , even after hearing her plea, points to the deeper issues in lack of socialization in a certain segment/demographic in this country who commit crimes like this.

Old 02-20-2022, 09:49 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,153,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It would be highly unusual to keep someone in jail for a couple of years awaiting trial for something like a gun charge in which the gun wasn’t actually used in a crime. I have a friend who was charged with that years ago, he had a licensed gun but had it in his car which he didn’t have a license for (hard to get in NJ). He was charged and released. The charge doesn’t usually carry a prison sentence anyway (he got probation).
The murderer, Calvin Crew, has a long criminal history and was not allowed to possess firearms. But a stupid judge still thought is was a good idea to release him from custody and set him free until his trial on a felony charge related to the sale and transfer of firearms.

Old 02-20-2022, 10:49 AM

17,310 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Uber just as dangerous as being a cab driver! Sure less cash, drivers have an "idea" of who they are picking up but face it, its organized hitch hiking.

I took an Uber in Philly last summer, delightful woman but no way would I want to do that job in Philly!

Old 02-20-2022, 11:13 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,474,697 times
Can a Uber driver refuse a passenger once they see him or her? I would have left that freak on the sidewalk. To heck with the job.

Sadly, our PC society is conditioning us to ignore our initial gut feelings about people. I'm sure that driver had doubts about letting that low-life creep into her car. He looks like typical scum.

Old 02-20-2022, 11:58 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Can a Uber driver refuse a passenger once they see him or her? I would have left that freak on the sidewalk. To heck with the job.

Sadly, our PC society is conditioning us to ignore our initial gut feelings about people. I'm sure that driver had doubts about letting that low-life creep into her car. He looks like typical scum.
For me it's not PC conditioning, but rather conditioning that women are supposed to be polite. I have done things many times when my gut feeling said "don't" because I didn't want to appear rude. I probably would have let him in even though my gut feeling might have warned me, because I wouldn't have known what to say to not seem rude. I know it's stupid but I think a lot of women feel like that. I don't think it's new, either.

Old 02-20-2022, 12:08 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,831,112 times
At least we can rest easy now, secure in the knowledge that the Department of Corrections will rehabilitate him.

Old 02-20-2022, 12:16 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post

Same here. Especially since the person waiting for the ride isn't the person who ordered the ride. "I didn't see her. Sorry." Not likely such a freak is going to complain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events