Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2022, 07:40 AM

19,838 posts, read 9,402,929 times

Advertisements

This happened in London, and neighbors complained, but no one in authority checked.

How could this have happened in a modern city is beyond my imagining.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...nts-about-odor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2022, 03:17 PM

16,427 posts, read 12,539,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
It is not uncommon. I posted another story about someone else a week or two ago. It happens. Not sure how they were still smelling the corspe two years later though, but did no one put two and two together? Not seeing the neighbor, a ghastly odor? Hello?
The neighbors did, and they reported the problems. The smell, the mail stacking up, etc. But they couldn't get anyone to investigate.

Old 02-21-2022, 03:17 PM

17,416 posts, read 16,585,682 times
There will probably be more of these situations. The Covid shutdowns and stay at home orders along with the eviction moratoriums (not sure if they had those in London) had landlords unable to collect rent or even able to check on their properties. I've heard of tenant's refusing entry to their landlords due to Covid concerns. People stopped visiting their family members out of abundance of misguided caution. Kids stopped going to school. Workers lost their jobs and went on unemployment.

Those poor kids in TX found alone and starving with the corpse of their dead brother was another such case.

Old 02-21-2022, 10:07 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 16 days ago)

35,665 posts, read 18,021,886 times
Awful. No one responded to all these complaints of a foul odor and mail backing up, and also the rent not being paid, and apparently this lady had zero friends and family who wondered how she was.

So sad.

Old 02-22-2022, 06:19 AM

17,416 posts, read 16,585,682 times
The weird thing is that it does sound as though someone did, in fact, try to enter the apartment to check out a potential gas leak but they weren't able to enter it. I wonder if she had internal locks on the door (dead bolt, chain, etc) which made entry from the outside not so easy.

It's sad, that this lady had no family or close friends missing her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events