Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2022, 06:13 PM

33,334 posts, read 12,653,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Yeah, Target entered California when they bought out the FedMart chain in 1982. But Target was already 20 years old at that point. They were already very well established in the Midwest and Rocky Mountain states. By the mid-1980s they were nationwide and well known. By the time that movie came out most people knew what Target was. If they didn't shop there, at least they had seen ads for Target.
Interesting.

I knew that Target was founded in the early 60s, but I didn’t know that when entering California that it was by buying out FedMart.

Where were the FedMarts in California ?

I don’t think I ever saw one. i remember FedCo, and I had a membership card with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2022, 06:32 PM

6,807 posts, read 4,502,356 times
It's really quite disturbing that the duo was totally void of a conscience.

Old 03-15-2022, 01:47 AM

15,500 posts, read 9,200,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Interesting.

I knew that Target was founded in the early 60s, but I didn’t know that when entering California that it was by buying out FedMart.

Where were the FedMarts in California ?

I don’t think I ever saw one. i remember FedCo, and I had a membership card with them.
LA and San Diego.

Quote:
Target to Reopen 35 Fedmart Stores

Thirty-three Fedmart stores, shut since the company failed last month, will reopen in about nine months under the Target Stores banner.

Terms of the agreement were not disclosed. The Minneapolis-based Target Stores, a unit of the Dayton-Hudson Corporation, said it was leasing the stores from the now-defunct Fedmart retail discount chain. Floyd Hall, Target's chairman, said twnety of the stores were in Los Angeles, eight in San Diego, three in Phoenix, and one each in Tucson, Ariz., and El Paso.
Target to Reopen 35 Fedmart Stores - The New York Times - Aug. 7, 1982

Old 03-16-2022, 10:04 AM

27,426 posts, read 13,657,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
They sure are late to the party, these 24 hour overnight challenges have been going on for years.

What truly ticks me off about these two idiots is that they lied to their subscribers. They didn't even stay the entire time, leaving the store early.

https://www.fox29.com/news/youtube-c...ylvania-target

I thought this overnighting craze had died a death, along with the parkour in relation to skyscrapers.

The police in the UK cracked down on all of this a few years ago with Community Protection Warning (CPW), Community Protection Notices (CPN), and Criminal Behaviour Orders (CBO), whilst some private companies also applied to the Courts for legal civil injunctions to stop youtubers.

There's also Urbex and Paranormal investigators etc, although at least some Urbex and PI is interesting, and they don't generally damage property.

However I think the saddest group are Auditors, as I personally don't find it entertaining watching someone filming buildings in order to illicit a response from security or the police.

Last edited by Brave New World; 03-16-2022 at 10:16 AM..

Old 03-16-2022, 10:08 AM

4,994 posts, read 5,323,061 times
I suspect if these two ever actually held down a legitimate job with shifts and working with the general public that they wouldn't be so inclined to pull stunts like this. They want to be influencers so let them pay some fines and serve jail time to be an an example of why we don't do stupid things.

Old 03-17-2022, 04:23 PM

33,334 posts, read 12,653,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Thanks .

'you must spread some reputation around before giving it to Cloudy Dayz again'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events