Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2022, 04:08 PM

1,651 posts, read 863,761 times

Advertisements

It's simple math. You can't jail everyone. As such non-violent offenders typically get reduced sentences or go on parole. Overcrowded prisons cost money. That money has to come from taxes. Just like public education people like to complain everyday about the failures but absolutely refuse to pay more tax dollars to fix the problem.

Shocking indeed, but the chance of such an incident occurring to to anyone particularly in a store is less than 1%. A woman has greater odds of dying or being seriously injured in a car crash, that doesn't phase anyone from driving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2022, 04:35 PM

1,142 posts, read 1,141,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
He's a good boy, an aspiring rapper, who is turning his life around, and this is all just a big misunderstanding. I'm sure the woman was provocatively dressed and was "asking for it".
Repped. I obviously understand the sarcasm.

Can anyone tell me how to add a comment while giving a rep?

Old 03-23-2022, 04:46 PM

1,142 posts, read 1,141,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
I just keep wondering who are these mayors, councilmembers, legislators, judges, lawyers, etc. who have gone overboard with reducing penalties.

?
The same ones who live in gated communities, tucked in upscale neighborhoods, away from the crime ridden areas.

Old 03-23-2022, 05:02 PM

1,057 posts, read 541,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvana07 View Post

Use the "scales of justice" icon on the top right of the post, and not the one on the bottom. If you click the scales of justice it lets you put a comment

Old 03-23-2022, 05:30 PM

6,987 posts, read 4,809,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I agree with the guy who said that there had to be something wrong with the “guy.†He meant, the attacker of course. There is so much drug addiction now. But this guy is out of control. Honestly, he needs to be locked up.
He definitely has a blank look in his eyes. Not even evil looking, just blank.

Old 03-23-2022, 06:48 PM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
He definitely has a blank look in his eyes. Not even evil looking, just blank.
He doesn't look crazy or dangerous in that photo.

Old 03-23-2022, 06:56 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
He's very lucky to be alive. Most women that I know carry firearms for protection.

Old 03-24-2022, 06:14 AM

2,281 posts, read 1,581,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...lmart/2719309/

Beyond horrible. He should have been shot on sight. I don't understand what is happening in this world
Sometimes the sentence needs to be as barbaric as the offense to deter copycats. We need to have a black ops vigilante crime fighters or if we're too sensitive to the offender just fly him over to Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia and let their lawmen take care of it. Enough with empathizing brutal and evil criminals no matter the race or country of origin the sentence needs to be physically powerful deterrent. Prison is passive and taxes the good people anyway.

Old 03-24-2022, 06:47 AM

3,373 posts, read 1,962,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvana07 View Post

In the upper right hand corner of a post there are three icons. The middle icon looks like weights or scales. Click on that middle icon and a box will appear that allows you to type a message with your rep.

I usually include my screen name with my rep comment but many people don't. They might assume the recipient can see who sends it but they can't since reps are sent anonymously. Since I like to know who is giving me reps, I figure most other people like to know too. It's your choice, of course.

You can always use the Direct Message feature to send a longer message and with the DM feature, the recipient knows who the sender is without the sender including their screen name. If I choose to send a DM I make sure to do the extra step to send a rep since the DM alone doesn't generate a rep.

Old 03-24-2022, 06:52 AM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
People are now considering carrying a squirt bottle full of ammonia because of stories like this??? Boy I'm sure glad I don't live that way, in constant fear.

I'm not convinced the world is crazier now, what I am convinced of is with cell phones and the internet the world sees all the crap that has always gone on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events