Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2022, 02:41 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,472,094 times

Advertisements

The video of the actual fall was removed from Twitter, but not before I saw it. The accident happened very fast as the downhill ride began slowing down near the bottom. The kid flew out of his seat and slammed into the ground a split second later. I don't think he would have had time to process what was happening to him before he hit ground and died.

Such a waste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2022, 04:27 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,472,094 times
In the 911 clip, at the 1.40 mark, notice one seat is darkened. Is that the kid's seat?
Is it a light that's out? Is that of any importance?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rop-tower.html

Old 03-27-2022, 05:28 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,949,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Why talk about this kid's weight? Do we even know if there was a weight/height limit on the ride?

This was a 14 year old child. If he was too big to ride he should not have been allowed to ride. And certainly if the harness was not working properly on him then the ride should never have started until or unless he could be safely restrained.

He was a 14 year old child who had reached a height and weight combination that most adult men never get to. And if you read up on this incident, you'd know that he was turned away from other rides in this park during this same visit.

Old 03-27-2022, 07:34 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantcookies View Post
He had bigger breasts and belly than most women. He was morbidly obese.

His parents will surely sue asap!
Why wouldn’t they? Anyone would. This was totally on the park.

Old 03-27-2022, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
I disagree, some posts here could help save another child from the same fate, for example, maybe a parent will read this thread and decide not to let their kids go to an amusement park without supervision.

RIP
They did have supervision. What would more supervision have changed?

Old 03-27-2022, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
Who was going to tell the Black kid he shouldn't ride the ride because it may be unsafe due to his size?

Literally, no one. No one that didn't want to be called ugly names, or get into trouble.

And so, due to the lack of ability to be up front and honest these days, a young person who hadn't even started his life, is gone.
Wrong. They had already told him he couldn’t go on multiple rides before this one. This was actually the only ride he had been able to ride. Do you really believe they’d deliberately let him ride a ride where they couldn’t hook the harness or seat belt to be PC???? That’s pretty far fetched to me.

Old 03-27-2022, 07:42 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,152,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
I saw that episode with Chris. Yes, at least they found a car with a harness/belt that clipped him in.

This link has the video where they are talking about the "seat belt." I thought they were joking around since there is no seat belt. I have a link to the full video of the fall but i would send it in a message as they would probably delete it off of here. I can send it to you.

https://youtu.be/ARXTgCVKNa8

(he looks to be harnessed in in this video but i know it would be hard to tell)
That's a good view. I was trying to remember what link had the photo from that side. I think it was pic#3 if you scrolled to the right, that clearly showed the seatbelt latch/strap was not engaged when the ride took off. That means the harness was not locked in place properly, probably because the strap with the seatbelt couldn't reach between his legs. The pic also showed his friends seatbelt was latched so it was easy to compare both side by side.
ETA: The video is on several of the r/ sites.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 03-27-2022 at 08:07 AM..

Old 03-27-2022, 07:47 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
In the 911 clip, at the 1.40 mark, notice one seat is darkened. Is that the kid's seat?
Is it a light that's out? Is that of any importance?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rop-tower.html

I'm not sure what you're talking about, they show the ride. I'm not even seeing a seat in the 911 video.

This is the boy in his seat, from that same page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
The video of the actual fall was removed from Twitter, but not before I saw it. The accident happened very fast as the downhill ride began slowing down near the bottom. The kid flew out of his seat and slammed into the ground a split second later. I don't think he would have had time to process what was happening to him before he hit ground and died.

Such a waste.

It's still on Reddit. It gets **** out, when it opens in a new tab, go to the stars**** spell out the "eff word" then hit enter, it will take you to the post. Warning, graphic

Old 03-27-2022, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
6.'5 at 340 pounds yields a BMI of 40.3. 40 and over is classified as morbid obesity.
But generalized stats don’t take muscle mass into account. The kid was an athlete.

Not sure what that has to do with anything though. It’s on the park to determine size/height restrictions on rides, which they did several times that day with this child. Why didn’t they check to make sure the harness for him before the ride started? Regardless his size fault is all on the park.

Old 03-27-2022, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Exactly what I think happened. He was too large for the ride

Of course it is most likely the staff's fault for not checking his harness, just like the little girl that was not belted into the Colorado drop ride.

This kid was too big for the ride.

She did not die due to getting crushed by the ride, she had no seat belt on, came right out of her seat, fell to her death, then the ride came down on her I believe.

Whoever went on the ride with her, it was her whole family there from what I've read, someone should have belted them herself like most parents do to their own kids when getting on a ride. Had the parent, aunt or whatever older person done that, she may still be here.

The family was pretty local to that place, one huge question I've always had was how many times had she and the people she was with been on the ride? Just because she was 6, does not mean she didn't know to belt up.

My grandson is almost 9, for the last few years, he has a thing with fighting about the car seat belt. He will take it off. I keep explaining to him he needs to keep it on, if I stop short, he will go flying but in his kid brain, he hates the seat belt because it tightens on him.

She had the seat belts (there were 2) laying on her lap to look like they were on. At 6 years old she knows how a seat belt works. My youngest granddaughter just turned 5 the other day, she knows how to do her own seat belt for the last year at least, I'm sure the 6 year old who died also knew.

No I'm not blaming her, she is a kid. She is not mature enough to know her actions had consequences like death, if she even understands what dead means.

I was for the employees having some sort of charges for the little girls death. They did everything they could to stop the alarms from going off in order for the ride to start.

These deaths will continue to happen until employees start having responsibility for their non-actions.

I wish I could see photos and video, so far looks like they've been removed.

1,000 lb sisters show, their brother Chris couldn't fit on a ride. They switched the "car" he sat in, it closed, he rode it.

He could have over ridden the alarm if it's like the Colorado ride.

Yes, they could have done something to over ride the alarm like was done when the little 6 year old girl wasn't belted in. Alarms were going off, they reset them twice in that case, the ride went, the girl came out of her seat.
I don’t think the operators on the ride with the little girl should have been charged because both were brand new employees. They didn’t know what they were doing. Two brand new ride attendants shouldn’t be on a ride like this alone. They should have been split up with experienced operators.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events