Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2022, 03:33 PM

31 posts, read 8,585 times

Advertisements

https://www.newsweek.com/kidnapping-...rested-1694163

Quote:
5-year-old girl died when the car she was in crashed into a pond during a police chase in Jacksonville, Florida, on Thursday night.

Police believed the child was in the process of being kidnapped.

As the female driver attempted to evade police, she crashed into the pond. Officers were able to find her and apprehend her.

The 5-year-old girl was not immediately discovered during this time. She was eventually found at the bottom of the pond deceased, according to authorities.
This is a very horrible incident. I hope that the perp is charged to the full extent of the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2022, 04:01 PM

5,610 posts, read 6,546,352 times
Awwwwww. Without reading about it, I am going to assume it was a domestic situation. The woman needs to be charged to the full extent of the law.

Old 04-01-2022, 08:33 PM

5,610 posts, read 6,546,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asted View Post
This is horrible........ He should be charged with 2nd degree murder!!

Poor girl.......
Who "he"? Did you read either the story/link or the comments above before posting, or was this a habit since most kidnappers we read about are male?

Last edited by Lodestar 77; 04-01-2022 at 09:36 PM..

Old 04-02-2022, 07:25 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,670,259 times
Media needs to make it clear when incidents like this are actually of the domestic kind...instead they use the word 'Kidnapping', which leads to many readers getting the totally wrong impression, that this was some stranger that grabbed a kid off the street.

My parents went thru a few domestic squabbles when me and my siblings were young, at one point, my mother took us somewhere our dad would not so easily find us, after they had an argument, of course, both of them had legal custody and there was no court cases involved, but technically, someone could have referred to this as 'short term kidnapping', which could lead to someone forming the wrong opinion.

Old 04-02-2022, 09:04 AM

88,777 posts, read 85,187,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Media needs to make it clear when incidents like this are actually of the domestic kind...instead they use the word 'Kidnapping', which leads to many readers getting the totally wrong impression, that this was some stranger that grabbed a kid off the street.

My parents went thru a few domestic squabbles when me and my siblings were young, at one point, my mother took us somewhere our dad would not so easily find us, after they had an argument, of course, both of them had legal custody and there was no court cases involved, but technically, someone could have referred to this as 'short term kidnapping', which could lead to someone forming the wrong opinion.
It says that the child and the woman were known to each other, but it doesn't say what the relationship was. Do you have a link indicating more clearly indicating that it was a domestic issue? It probably was, but as much as I agree the media stinks about reporting clearly, it would also be unconscionable of them to assume something if they simply don't have the facts.

Old 04-13-2022, 09:16 AM

398 posts, read 208,050 times
When ever I get an amber alert I always root for the dad.

Old 04-13-2022, 07:11 PM

32,997 posts, read 36,525,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_too_sweet View Post
Why? I'd root for the spouse or SO who doesn't know where the other adult and child and children are.

Old 04-14-2022, 08:46 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,163,848 times
It was her own mother. That poor little girl. I didn't see the actual cause of death. I thought drowning but after hearing the whole story it's not clear. Police were called and told that there was an "armed kidnapping in progress". Made me think armed with gun, not a knife.

Quote:
It has since been confirmed that Cabrera was the child's mother.
https://www.firstcoastnews.com/artic...d-9f6296c7ffd8

Old 04-14-2022, 09:17 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,209,533 times
I'm going to guess...totally supposition, that the little girl was in foster care. The father isn't mentioned at all...just makes me think foster care.

Old 04-14-2022, 09:43 AM

4,430 posts, read 2,728,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_too_sweet View Post
The fact that you don’t route for the child speaks volumes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events