Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2022, 11:05 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
Big difference when comparing cheap processed crap food to a hotel.

I do not like false advertising but I also think most people know you are going to get the cheapest made meal when you go to the cheapest places like arby or bk. Don't like it? Easy solution, go somewhere else or make your own.
Or advertisers could be held to some honesty. When I buy something I dont mind paying for it but I expect what I get and pay for is the same item/service that was advertised/promised whether its a hamburger or hotel room. It seems many manufacturers/advertisers are purposely making consumers think they are getting more than what they actually are and people do know that hamburger is not going to look like the ad and that container doesn't hold the amount it looks like it does and on-line purchases are not even close to what you thought you were getting, but why should we have to accept it? Seems everyone has turned into the proverbial used car dealer. Just be honest about what your selling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2022, 02:42 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,467,928 times
We make our own French Fries at home in our air fryer. We salt and pepper to taste. No oil. Delicious and much healthier.

Old 04-08-2022, 03:10 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,650,286 times
A South Florida lawyer has filed a federal lawsuit seeking class-action status alleging that Burger King has misled customers by portraying its food as being much larger compared with what it has served to customers in real life.

alleges Burger King began inflating the size of its burgers in images around September 2017. Before that, the suit claims, Burger King "more fairly" advertised its food products.

Today, the size of virtually every food item advertised by Burger King is "materially overstated,"

This is nothing new. Does no one remember the 1993 movie Falling Down?

Old 04-08-2022, 08:21 PM

30,141 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Don’t show what you don’t sell then. I have a lawn and snow business, if I ran ads showing a lawn completely mowed and driveway completely plowed. Then I show up and cut 80% of lawn and plow half your driveway, then leave and charge you full price. This is the same thing, misleading/lying to customers. I’d be fired soon after doing this. I do realize that not using said products again is the same thing as firing them, it’s just the fact that they blatantly lie to everyone. Is suing the only way to get this to change?
Exactly. I see online. If I make my products look better than they really are I get returns and negative feedback. What they are doing is misleading.

Old 04-11-2022, 09:59 AM
xd4t5gv

n/a posts
Who remembers 33 cent Hamburger?

1patty, mustard/ketchup, 1 pickle, 10 cents extra for a slice of cheese.

Those were the days!

Old 04-11-2022, 02:06 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,472,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
If the class action profiteers win this one, expect to see your BK meal rise in price.
Is this supposed to be some kind of threat? BK and FF prices have gone up regardless. I have no horse in this race since I've long stopped making FF any staple of my diet. I only went to McDonalds a few times because their Filet-O-Fishes were $2.50 each on Friday due to lent. At its original $4.60 price, no thanks.

Old 04-11-2022, 03:12 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,325,812 times
This is nothing new, these types of lawsuits have been around for decades, every 4 or 5 years, you hear about the latest one.

Old 04-11-2022, 04:40 PM

9,436 posts, read 5,197,344 times
OMG I want to make a bit of an off color joke right now!!!!

Old 04-12-2022, 06:55 AM

7,747 posts, read 3,778,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Or advertisers could be held to some honesty... Just be honest about what your selling.
And Sushi should only be described as "cold, dead fish."

Old 04-12-2022, 09:44 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moguldreamer View Post
And Sushi should only be described as "cold, dead fish."
Not the same thing. I believe these restaurants are required to list the ingredients and nutritional information. We are talking about what the product looks like here.

Dont advertise this:
https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.12d66ba7...pid=ImgRaw&r=0

and give me this:
https://i0.wp.com/chuckiechavez.word...image00163.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events