Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2022, 05:59 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,528,665 times

Advertisements

Burger King Whopper lawsuit all about size - Yahoo! News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2022, 01:06 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post

IMO the title on the article stinks, it's not the only the "size" and it's not only whoppers, it's every product that looks nothing like advertised pictures. Whopper burger is not as large, trimmings not similar in color or amount. There was a similar lawsuit years ago in another country against Burger King where BK lost.

I want in on this class action lawsuit too lol

I don't eat fast food from Burger King or McDonalds that often because the products these days do not even resemble their original version that I grew up with. I never gave it a thought to why it doesn't taste the same except that I'm older, maybe my tastes changed but that is not the case.

Take French fries, they're fried in vegetable oil now. They used to be fried in a beef fat oil which gives the fries a better taste and appearance as they do not cook the same using vegetable oil.

Same with other products they sell, they took out ingredients that someone deemed "bad for us" in the late 80's or early 90's after someone died, their spouse or family sued fast food and won for clogging his arteries.

Even stuff we buy at the food store has been changed, cereal is not made the same way either.

I've been watching a show called Adam eats the 80's. Some restaurants are recreating foods no longer sold, when they can't, there is a kitchen he goes to that will prepare things like the fries.

Adam eats the 80's, the host is awesome, very into food. I've never seen anyone critique a white castle hamburger like he has. He has a series called the food that built America that is also very interesting on how fast food even started. I believe Dunkin Donuts was the first with a walk up window, then it was pizza hut or Dominoes that expanded on that. Dominoes started delivery service.

Burger King accused of false advertising in lawsuit alleging Whoppers are too small
The suit accuses the fast-food chain of making its food look bigger in ads compared with what it serves up to customers in reality.

Quote:
A South Florida lawyer has filed a federal lawsuit seeking class-action status alleging that Burger King has misled customers by portraying its food as being much larger compared with what it has served to customers in real life.

alleges Burger King began inflating the size of its burgers in images around September 2017. Before that, the suit claims, Burger King "more fairly" advertised its food products.

Today, the size of virtually every food item advertised by Burger King is "materially overstated,"

....single out advertisements for Burger King’s trademark Whopper, saying the entire burger is 35 percent larger than the real-life version, with double the meat than what is actually served.

Old 04-07-2022, 05:52 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,150,232 times
I think the whole thing is stupid. Are people going to start suing the prepped meal delivery companies next because their commercials show two full plates, plus, an equivalent looking third left over in a pan, even though the menu says 2 servings?

Old 04-07-2022, 06:00 AM

6,539 posts, read 7,118,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
I think the whole thing is stupid. Are people going to start suing the prepped meal delivery companies next because their commercials show two full plates, plus, an equivalent looking third left over in a pan, even though the menu says 2 servings?
Don’t show what you don’t sell then. I have a lawn and snow business, if I ran ads showing a lawn completely mowed and driveway completely plowed. Then I show up and cut 80% of lawn and plow half your driveway, then leave and charge you full price. This is the same thing, misleading/lying to customers. I’d be fired soon after doing this. I do realize that not using said products again is the same thing as firing them, it’s just the fact that they blatantly lie to everyone. Is suing the only way to get this to change?

Old 04-07-2022, 07:02 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,150,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Don’t show what you don’t sell then. I have a lawn and snow business, if I ran ads showing a lawn completely mowed and driveway completely plowed. Then I show up and cut 80% of lawn and plow half your driveway, then leave and charge you full price. This is the same thing, misleading/lying to customers. I’d be fired soon after doing this. I do realize that not using said products again is the same thing as firing them, it’s just the fact that they blatantly lie to everyone. Is suing the only way to get this to change?
Two different things but point made. Wondering if we can sue Truvia? They are very sneaky going from 3g to 2g per packet but they kept all the packaging the same.

Old 04-07-2022, 07:46 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
Two different things but point made. Wondering if we can sue Truvia? They are very sneaky going from 3g to 2g per packet but they kept all the packaging the same.

They're doing what other companies have done, like mozzarella, no more 16oz packages. Everything shrunk but price went up.

Old 04-07-2022, 07:48 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,179,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

Adam eats the 80's, the host is awesome, very into food. I've never seen anyone critique a white castle hamburger like he has. He has a series called the food that built America that is also very interesting on how fast food even started. I believe Dunkin Donuts was the first with a walk up window, then it was pizza hut or Dominoes that expanded on that. Dominoes started delivery service.

Adam Richman has always been a great host on everything I've seen him in. He really loves learning about food, and more importantly, eating it and hoping the viewers can appreciate it like he can. And just like you should never trust a skinny chef, never trust a skinny TV food host...

Old 04-07-2022, 08:22 AM

6,963 posts, read 2,696,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
They're doing what other companies have done, like mozzarella, no more 16oz packages. Everything shrunk but price went up.
What sucks is when I am baking most recipes may call for "1lb" of an ingredient, but it is sold in packages of "11oz" so I am forced to purchase two and the rest gets discarded if it can't be repurposed.

Old 04-07-2022, 08:28 AM

43,059 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Gee maybe they'll make it a class action suit and include McDonalds ...the sausage egg mcMuffin looks like a big hockey puck now it shrunk so much.

Old 04-07-2022, 09:51 AM

995 posts, read 509,266 times
If America would swear off fast food for six months - all of us - there wouldn't be any fast food places to complain about.

And that would be a major cause of celebration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events