Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2022, 12:58 PM

9,881 posts, read 4,646,105 times

Advertisements

Here comes the video game defense. And they're going to say the woman 'started it' by wanting to take pictures of his car after an incident down the road.

The perp apparently a HUGE Grand Theft Auto game fan posting about the game for years. Sorry but the perp already a butthole, Will say in their own world these games might validate their personal choices in real life.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...heft-Auto.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2022, 01:11 PM

2,612 posts, read 929,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I’ve been alive for 60 years, and I absolutely think it’s getting worse. They did not used to be all these road rage incidents to this magnitude. I’ve been driving for 40 years. Do people really believe that crimes like this weren’t reported in newspapers and TV news 40 years ago? Of course they were.

You can Google police statistics on road rage incidents, and see that it clearly is much worse than it used to be. Just like violent incidents with store clerks flight attendants etc. etc. etc. is much worse than it used to be. People are angrier than they used to be, feel more entitled than they used to, and have poorer impulse control than they used to.
It is not my understanding that statistics bear that out. It often feels that way as you are living through the issues but I dont think that is reality.

Old 04-15-2022, 01:24 PM

16,075 posts, read 21,154,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
It is not my understanding that statistics bear that out. It often feels that way as you are living through the issues but I dont think that is reality.
These were just a few that popped up immediately, I would imagine a more in-depth search would turn up similar results.
Quote:
No, not really. Road rage has been on the rise for years.

Fatal car crashes linked to aggressive driving climbed nearly 500% in 10 years, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, from 80 in 2006 to 467 in 2015.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/10/healt...s/index.html#:
Quote:
Aggressive driving and road rage are becoming more commonplace — and more dangerous. New research from The Zebra shows that 82% of drivers in the U.S. admit to having road rage or driving aggressively at least once in the past year.
https://www.thezebra.com/resources/r...driving-study/
Quote:
The NHTSA notes in its study that the rise in aggression and rage could be directly attributed to more drivers driving more miles with each passing year.
https://www.bankrate.com/insurance/c...tistics/#stats

Old 04-15-2022, 01:28 PM

12,042 posts, read 8,421,785 times
Quote:
You'll need to google USA road rage statistics to understand that they are rising all over the United States by alarming amounts. You can verify this for yourself and have a better understanding. Check this state by state with the appropriate government agency online.

Why you hear older people saying this is because we have been around long enough to actually experience the rise. If you want to know what life was like in 1940 you have to ask people who lived during that time not guess or read in a book which may be written by someone who has a certain version they want you to believe.

As you get older you'll run into the whippersnappers who will tell you that you are wrong because you are old. All you'll be thinking is, "Heck, I was there and you weren't."

Old 04-15-2022, 01:35 PM

I believe there has been a recent uptick in crime but long term crime statistics are down. In the article I will link to, it says there are about 30 murders a year linked to road rage. So the numbers are so tiny that focusing on this one thing doesnt make any sense.

https://policyadvice.net/insurance/i...ge-statistics/

Old 04-15-2022, 01:55 PM

16,075 posts, read 21,154,079 times
Quote:
I believe there has been a recent uptick in crime but long term crime statistics are down. In the article I will link to, it says there are about 30 murders a year linked to road rage. So the numbers are so tiny that focusing on this one thing doesnt make any sense.

https://policyadvice.net/insurance/i...ge-statistics/
Road rage and road rage murders are not the same topic, road rage IS up. It doesn't always have to end in death to show a degree of depravity.

Old 04-15-2022, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Road rage and road rage murders are not the same topic, road rage IS up. It doesn't always have to end in death to show a degree of depravity.
But "road rage" is too broad and ultimately meaningless. It includes yelling at people. I remember when I was growing up there was no less of it than I experience today.

Old 04-15-2022, 03:32 PM

50,795 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Horrible story!

As far as road rage, I was apart of one today. A guy hauled azz behind me and another car and cut between us. I had to slam on my brakes so he didn't hit my car and send me flying. I chased him and told him some "lovely" things.

Sorry but you drive like an Ahole you will be called out for it. Especially when I could have seriously been hurt
See, I won't do that anymore, because today people are getting shot for things like that.

Old 04-15-2022, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
See, I won't do that anymore, because today people are getting shot for things like that.
I enjoy those interactions so I will usually try to have them. I dont get angry so it just makes my ride interesting. It doesnt happen too often. Actually, someone did try to change lanes into me going home yesterday which sent me into the lane next to me (causing the guy there to swerve out of my way). I tried to interact with the guilty party but he had no interest and he gunned it out of there.

Old 04-15-2022, 05:01 PM

9,459 posts, read 5,221,264 times
Will this be classified as a hate crime?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events