Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2022, 07:27 PM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
See, I won't do that anymore, because today people are getting shot for things like that.
My thought exactly. 30 years ago my ex would chase people down who pizzed him off on the road. Then some guy in Queens did that and the other driver shot at him and killed his wife in the passenger seat next to him. I told him if he was going to keep that up, I would not get in the car with him anymore.

Old 04-15-2022, 07:30 PM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I've never been pro-death penalty, but lately... I don't know. Some of these people deserve it. This guy, for example. How does anyone do this to another human being? It was intentional and deliberate. If she dies, so should he. If she lives, life in prison for him.
Moot point. No death penalty in NJ.

Old 04-16-2022, 08:06 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecBb8obI83Q
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2022, 05:04 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
What an awful human being!

Get that bastid!

Old 04-17-2022, 06:22 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I've never been pro-death penalty, but lately... I don't know. Some of these people deserve it. This guy, for example. How does anyone do this to another human being? It was intentional and deliberate. If she dies, so should he. If she lives, life in prison for him.
I wish his state had the death penalty.

Old 04-17-2022, 06:56 PM

15,419 posts, read 9,069,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Horrible story!

As far as road rage, I was apart of one today. A guy hauled azz behind me and another car and cut between us. I had to slam on my brakes so he didn't hit my car and send me flying. I chased him and told him some "lovely" things.

Sorry but you drive like an Ahole you will be called out for it. Especially when I could have seriously been hurt
You realize that you are the problem right? My guess is that the other driver made a perfectly safe lane change and you got but hurt over it and then went into full out road rage mode, and chased after him.

Any driver who chases after another driver for any reason other then a hit and run vehicle or some other crime that they intent to report, should lose their license and get jail time.

Old 04-24-2022, 04:37 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Yup, I feel the same way.

Some people would rather believe that things aren't getting worse, just more people are focusing on bad things.

People these days have just gone insane. It's almost every day yet another story of violent road rage. In Texas people are getting shot over road rage.

And I wish people would stop blaming coronavirus for it. This is just a sign of breakdown in our society where no one respects each other, where everything is perceived to be a personal slight and must be challenged to the death. No impulse control, just angry angry angry at everything in life.
This is exactly correct! Theres a real sense of anger out there in recent times. People are ready to explode and fight for any reason. It is NOT normal.

Old 04-24-2022, 09:49 AM

16,277 posts, read 10,408,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
You realize that you are the problem right? My guess is that the other driver made a perfectly safe lane change and you got but hurt over it and then went into full out road rage mode, and chased after him.

Any driver who chases after another driver for any reason other then a hit and run vehicle or some other crime that they intent to report, should lose their license and get jail time.
Jail time? LOL. You have some of the strangest takes my friend.

I suggest you read his post again and come back when you understand that this was not a "perfectly safe lane change". It was actually very dangerous and I hate drivers like that. But I don't chase after them, mostly because it would cause me to drive dangerously as well to catch up.

Old 04-24-2022, 02:46 PM

2,181 posts, read 2,318,692 times
I always wonder (not that I want to find out), but why do people drive or run in a straight line when being chased? She may have avoided getting run over if she'd turned into the first driveway and ran behind the house. I hope y'all don't misunderstand me. It is in no way her fault. I just wonder if victims get shocked into moving in a straight line? Does anyone know what I mean? And I hope he gets life in prison for attempted murder!

Old 04-24-2022, 07:24 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,625,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Horrible story!

As far as road rage, I was apart of one today. A guy hauled azz behind me and another car and cut between us. I had to slam on my brakes so he didn't hit my car and send me flying. I chased him and told him some "lovely" things.

Sorry but you drive like an Ahole you will be called out for it. Especially when I could have seriously been hurt
Good for you, and I mean that. More people should be called out on their crap, and I think that incivility should be challenged at every turn, especially when the behavior can cause a potentially tragic outcome.

Yes, there are a few legitimate nuts out there with guns, potentially violent, etc., but after paying close attention to this for some time I think that most people who behave like that are simply D-bags banking on the notion that they can get away with it. I saw this happen recently and it was a thing of beauty, the overly aggressive jerk backed right down when called out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events