Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2022, 11:51 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Here comes the video game defense. And they're going to say the woman 'started it' by wanting to take pictures of his car after an incident down the road.

The perp apparently a HUGE Grand Theft Auto game fan posting about the game for years. Sorry but the perp already a butthole, Will say in their own world these games might validate their personal choices in real life.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...heft-Auto.html

That's one effed up dude. Not only did he chase her, he then turned around and drove away.

I hope he gets locked away for the rest of his life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Yup, I feel the same way.

Some people would rather believe that things aren't getting worse, just more people are focusing on bad things.

People these days have just gone insane. It's almost every day yet another story of violent road rage. In Texas people are getting shot over road rage.

And I wish people would stop blaming coronavirus for it. This is just a sign of breakdown in our society where no one respects each other, where everything is perceived to be a personal slight and must be challenged to the death. No impulse control, just angry angry angry at everything in life.

I can't speak for the perp in this case, he obviously planned not to stick around.

He was obviously set off when she started taking photos and or video of his car which I've been on the receiving end of which could have set me off too. I can't stand people who automatically grab their phones to document.

I got into a very minor accident at my local Walmart last year due to a chick speeding while I was making a turn. I'm still not sure what lane she buzzed out of to get in front of me. She was nowhere in my line of sight when I looked right. As I turned left, my right front fender caught her junker honda.

She was going so fast she stopped about 3 car lengths away.

She immediately started yelling at me that I hit her, I told her because she was speeding. She started taking pictures or recording me and my car even after I asked her to stop. She's lucky I didn't take my cane to hit her cell phone out of her hand.

No one needed an ambulance but they sent one, so she and her passenger decided to go get checked out, now she's trying to personally sue me but I'm getting the last laugh, my insurance company answered her lawsuit. They have a huge team of lawyers to fight it lol

Sure hope it was worth it for her to sue me for her ambulance ride bill by the time my insurance company is done with her

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterbird View Post
I always wonder (not that I want to find out), but why do people drive or run in a straight line when being chased? She may have avoided getting run over if she'd turned into the first driveway and ran behind the house. I hope y'all don't misunderstand me. It is in no way her fault. I just wonder if victims get shocked into moving in a straight line? Does anyone know what I mean? And I hope he gets life in prison for attempted murder!

I thought the same thing, she could have run behind the yard, would he have gotten out? Pounded on her? Broke her phone? Better than being run over in ICU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2022, 05:17 AM

16,277 posts, read 10,408,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
That's one effed up dude. Not only did he chase her, he then turned around and drove away.

I hope he gets locked away for the rest of his life.

I can't speak for the perp in this case, he obviously planned not to stick around.

He was obviously set off when she started taking photos and or video of his car which I've been on the receiving end of which could have set me off too. I can't stand people who automatically grab their phones to document.

I got into a very minor accident at my local Walmart last year due to a chick speeding while I was making a turn. I'm still not sure what lane she buzzed out of to get in front of me. She was nowhere in my line of sight when I looked right. As I turned left, my right front fender caught her junker honda.

She was going so fast she stopped about 3 car lengths away.

She immediately started yelling at me that I hit her, I told her because she was speeding. She started taking pictures or recording me and my car even after I asked her to stop. She's lucky I didn't take my cane to hit her cell phone out of her hand.

No one needed an ambulance but they sent one, so she and her passenger decided to go get checked out, now she's trying to personally sue me but I'm getting the last laugh, my insurance company answered her lawsuit. They have a huge team of lawyers to fight it lol

Sure hope it was worth it for her to sue me for her ambulance ride bill by the time my insurance company is done with her

I thought the same thing, she could have run behind the yard, would he have gotten out? Pounded on her? Broke her phone? Better than being run over in ICU
There is nothing wrong what so ever with taking pictures after an accident. I'm sure the police and insurance companies would agree. You would have been out of line to hit her phone out of her hand and possible criminally liable as this may be assault. In this case this guy was trying to flee the accident so naturally she should have done what she did, obviously nobody would anticipate what happened next.

As for your case I would not be so sure your insurance company can get you off. Obviously I don't know the specifics of your accident but if you were at fault even if she was "speeding" she will win. High priced insurance lawyers don't always get you off. I rear ended a woman so lightly her trailer hitch didn't even damage my bumper, just left a tiny stamp. She sued and won thousands.

Old 04-25-2022, 05:44 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
There is nothing wrong what so ever with taking pictures after an accident. I'm sure the police and insurance companies would agree. You would have been out of line to hit her phone out of her hand and possible criminally liable as this may be assault. In this case this guy was trying to flee the accident so naturally she should have done what she did, obviously nobody would anticipate what happened next.

As for your case I would not be so sure your insurance company can get you off. Obviously I don't know the specifics of your accident but if you were at fault even if she was "speeding" she will win. High priced insurance lawyers don't always get you off. I rear ended a woman so lightly her trailer hitch didn't even damage my bumper, just left a tiny stamp. She sued and won thousands.

I don't care if she wants to take pictures of damage because I did the same, I didn't take photos of her. I asked her to stop taking pictures of me

She has no attorney so I guess I'll see if she wins. She's already been paid by insurance for the accident.

Old 04-25-2022, 07:55 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
See, I won't do that anymore, because today people are getting shot for things like that.
I was on the freeway, driving and minding my own business. The freeway has 3 lanes. I was in the middle lane because of the multiple exit/entrance ramps on the right, and I wasn't going faster than everybody, so didn't need the left lane.

For some reason, some idiot came up behind me, rode my tail pipes, and stayed there, trying to bully me into moving over. He could have easily just got into the left lane and passed, nothing was stopping him, except that he apparently felt 'entitled' to stay in that lane and make me move out of his way. I completely ignored him, and he eventually went into the right lane and got even with me.

I glanced over as his driver's side window was coming down. He then brandished a firearm, pointing it at me, as we are driving down the road at 65mph. By that time, I was already sick and tired of the people in the area driving like lunatics, tired of the Covid crap, tired of the heat, tired from work...I just didn't have it in me to give a damn.

I raised my hand up, gesturing an annoyed 'what?' statement, and yelled "AND?!" Was I supposed to be intimidated?

I don't even know why he felt he needed to point a gun at me just because he didn't want to get into the left lane to pass me, but apparently he realized I really didn't give a single flying f, and he sped off.

People are getting worse.

As for 'road rage' - I'm sick to death of how these people drive around here. Half the people ride your bumper the entire way. I'm already going 5mph above the speed limit. The other half go 15 under the speed limit and clog up the roads.

So, if yelling in my car, "Were you not taught how to count up to 45?" or "Get your stupid face out of your stupid phone and pay attention!" that the other driver doesn't hear, is considered 'road rage', well...then count me as one of those who has now developed it.

Running over someone for a minor accident - I hope he spends many years behind bars. Just as I hope Mr. Gun Pointer also gets caught one day, and sits in a tiny cell for years.

Old 04-25-2022, 09:57 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,047,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I was on the freeway, driving and minding my own business. The freeway has 3 lanes. I was in the middle lane because of the multiple exit/entrance ramps on the right, and I wasn't going faster than everybody, so didn't need the left lane.

For some reason, some idiot came up behind me, rode my tail pipes, and stayed there, trying to bully me into moving over. He could have easily just got into the left lane and passed, nothing was stopping him, except that he apparently felt 'entitled' to stay in that lane and make me move out of his way. I completely ignored him, and he eventually went into the right lane and got even with me.

I glanced over as his driver's side window was coming down. He then brandished a firearm, pointing it at me, as we are driving down the road at 65mph. By that time, I was already sick and tired of the people in the area driving like lunatics, tired of the Covid crap, tired of the heat, tired from work...I just didn't have it in me to give a damn.

I raised my hand up, gesturing an annoyed 'what?' statement, and yelled "AND?!" Was I supposed to be intimidated?

I don't even know why he felt he needed to point a gun at me just because he didn't want to get into the left lane to pass me, but apparently he realized I really didn't give a single flying f, and he sped off.

People are getting worse.

As for 'road rage' - I'm sick to death of how these people drive around here. Half the people ride your bumper the entire way. I'm already going 5mph above the speed limit. The other half go 15 under the speed limit and clog up the roads.

So, if yelling in my car, "Were you not taught how to count up to 45?" or "Get your stupid face out of your stupid phone and pay attention!" that the other driver doesn't hear, is considered 'road rage', well...then count me as one of those who has now developed it.

Running over someone for a minor accident - I hope he spends many years behind bars. Just as I hope Mr. Gun Pointer also gets caught one day, and sits in a tiny cell for years.
You are very lucky. Some people like that idiot will have a 2 second moment of rage and pull the trigger! I understand you were just "fed up", but please be careful in these situations. There are probably 10 road rage deaths every day because people like that idiot think being behind the wheel of a 3 ton vehicle makes them invincible and intimidate people brandishing their guns will give them some type of "respect" they are obviously missing in their lives.

Old 04-25-2022, 10:55 AM
xd4t5gv

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Will this be classified as a hate crime?
I know the headline should have been:

Black Man Runs Over White Woman For Exercising Her Privilege.

Now if it was the other way around you might see it as such.

Old 04-25-2022, 02:19 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,780,861 times
Years ago, I witnessed a road rage type incident. One guy got out of his car with a baseball bat and charged at another car that had stopped. The other driver had a gun and showed it to the guy with the baseball bat who then backed off immediately. Baseball bat guy came to his senses I guess. Hope he didn't upgrade to a gun for the next road rage.

Old 04-26-2022, 09:50 AM

88,563 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post

I know a few years ago I read that if you rear-end someone it's automatically $6k. Just a nuisance suit and not worth it to the insurance company to fight.

Old 04-26-2022, 10:16 AM

1,938 posts, read 702,190 times
I think the Reader's Digest once said that Tennessee had the friendliest drivers. I was there one time and was
amazed at how willing they are to let you cross the street while they wait ever so patiently. I've had some
scary incidents crossing the street here (NY). It's usually cars making turns. My friend said (and I'm inclined
to agree) you're better off crossing in the middle of the street - more time to react. People aren't people
anymore, they are targets.

Old 04-26-2022, 10:25 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,454,442 times
Where are the "We have too many people on earth crowd" when these type of things occur? Can we reach a consensus to reduce the population of certain people (the driver) since they are so adamant there are too many?
If ever there was an example of someone who, based upon their actions, needs to be terminated, it is the driver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events