Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2022, 04:13 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
Cat meat is sickening I suspect Organics company does this. I bought it in the Acme one day because it was cheaper. After I threw it up I double checked it and then noticed that it looks similar in shape to chicken but it wasn't chicken then I realized it was cat. No wonder I threw it up. Cats and dogs are not meant to be for human consumption, IMHO and my experience. It made me so sick before I even knew what it was. The company should be shut down for false advertising and lying to us consumers. Plus I have no doubt it wasn't inspected before packaging and selling

The label didn't by any chance say it was cat meat? Maybe it was supposed to be sold in China, yikes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2022, 08:40 AM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
My first thought was that the guy was some sort of reptile keeper and would then thaw and feed those to his pythons etc....sounds more like a budding serial killer.

I guess we just count our blessings that (presumably) they found this before he decided to go "next level".

Old 04-20-2022, 06:08 PM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
My first thought was that the guy was some sort of reptile keeper and would then thaw and feed those to his pythons etc....sounds more like a budding serial killer.

I guess we just count our blessings that (presumably) they found this before he decided to go "next level".
Just to follow up for those not in the know, reptile keepers (I'm not one but I love reptiles and read extensively) will often use frozen then thawed meals since it kills parasites.

Specifically, King Cobras are predominantly snake eaters (that gets expensive) and large pythons do as well with unethical individuals turning to *ugh* free cats and smaller dogs etc. to fund their um, hobby budget.

Old 04-20-2022, 06:21 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,212,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Just to follow up for those not in the know, reptile keepers (I'm not one but I love reptiles and read extensively) will often use frozen then thawed meals since it kills parasites.

Specifically, King Cobras are predominantly snake eaters (that gets expensive) and large pythons do as well with unethical individuals turning to *ugh* free cats and smaller dogs etc. to fund their um, hobby budget.
I think the most disturbing aspect is he put the animals in the freezer alive. That’s incredibly cruel. It would still be cruel if he killed them beforehand but locking them in to slowly freeze to death is particularly vile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events