Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2022, 12:33 AM

10,895 posts, read 7,389,984 times

Advertisements

That's about the age that my cousin and I got into the liquor cabinet and drank Creme de Menthe. I'm told our hands and faces were sticky and green, and we boasted about drinking "rum".
I have only the vaguest memory of it, so can't say if I knew it was wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2022, 12:41 AM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Most kids won't like the taste of hard liquors or beer, anyway.
Maybe just some sweet wines or wine coolers.

Old 04-18-2022, 01:23 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
I agree with the bolded.

I'm the opposite. I wish more people would post links to youtubes because I'm usually on my phone and it's a huge battery drain to pull up some of those news site links. I do post a description instead of just a video link.

I know you at least posted a description which you probably know by now is a peeve of mine, the ones who start threads but don't do that, they only leave the you tube link. I don't think I realized you started the thread, I was finishing up to cook and get off line. I'd seen the comment by prospecting, brought an article over for the ones that didn't watch it which I could tell by some of the replies.

I'm usually on my computer, in order to load a video I have to get it up on my cell because the sound doesn't work on this computer again. It was my mother in law's HP computer, I don't know if the sound ever worked right for her. I had finally fixed it, used a headset that got sucked up by the vac a few weeks ago when the sound worked. Tried my grandson's headset, it's not working again. I'm not big on sound. I keep it off on all of my devices. I'd much rather read an article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
From the video (I watched via closed captioning without sound), it seems like the girl did know that it was alcohol and that this is what prompted another classmate to go to the teacher

Again, only from the closed captioning observations, it seems that there is a narrative that the girl was drinking the thing like it was Kool Aid, so I'm inclined to agree with AntonioR's observation.

I don't know how to do closed caption without sound on you tube lol

Old 04-18-2022, 07:47 AM

817 posts, read 628,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4042C View Post
Maybe the bartender wanted to party. Everybody in snack time gettin' tipsy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwXeN2FsE7w
Ah throwback

Old 04-18-2022, 07:49 AM

817 posts, read 628,146 times
The 5 year old just wanted to party

Old 04-18-2022, 10:05 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
The child shouldn't of shared her alcoholic beverages with the other children. It's illegal here in the US to drink alcohol if you are under the age of 21.
Yeah and that kid surely is aware of the penalties for drinking underage in this country/her state. After all, she IS five years old already.

Old 04-18-2022, 10:27 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,076,286 times
I see no need for outrage.
This is one of those oopsie learnable moments.

My classmates in Germany brought wine and beer to school for a lunch beverage.
I didn’t see any hard alcohol or drunks.

Away from school to get buzzed we would either drink booze or smoke hashish with tobacco.
We even had an open bar policy at our house.
My parents taught us how not to be drunks.

As I grew up I rarely drank.
I went 30 years without because I didn’t care for it and saw friends become abusers.

There was also a different view when it came to sex and I don’t think it produced maniacs.

The Puritans are a kinda messed up group imo.

Old 04-18-2022, 10:33 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,076,286 times
Double tap.

Old 04-18-2022, 04:56 PM

10,019 posts, read 8,635,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Most kids won't like the taste of hard liquors or beer, anyway.
Maybe just some sweet wines or wine coolers.
That's true.
I was in 2nd or 3rd grade when I had my first taste of sin.
Some car in the school parking lot left their window rolled down and one of my friends swiped a bottle of whiskey from the glove compartment during recess.
The 4 of us went behind those cement barrels in the playground and each took a swig. We almost barfed. We then poured the rest into this small creek behind the basketball court where we used to catch crawdads to scare the girls.
During our last recess we checked the creek and noticed the crawdads would just crawl around in the water when we poked them with a stick instead of taking off like a torpedo.

Old 04-18-2022, 06:13 PM

1,348 posts, read 707,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Those kids must have tough palates. I couldn't stand the taste of alcohol when I was little.
best if u never can stand it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events