Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2022, 10:44 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,158,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Kindergartner brings Jose Cuervo margaritas to snack time at Livonia school. Parents at Grand River Academy in Livonia are outraged after a student brought alcohol to school - and shared it with friends.
It was a kindergarten happy hour! All of the 5 year olds are fine, they just got a little tipsy off that special juice. At 5 years old I doubt the child really knew what she was doing other than copying the adult behavior she had observed at home.

https://youtu.be/ooy1GEQjJ90
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2022, 07:08 AM

10,151 posts, read 15,034,643 times
This is why you should never drink alcohol in front of 5 year olds. The kid was probably told multiple times to "get the bottle and bring it to mommy" at home, plus saw the bottle being shared during gatherings.

Old 04-17-2022, 07:16 AM

50,946 posts, read 36,646,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
This is why you should never drink alcohol in front of 5 year olds. The kid was probably told multiple times to "get the bottle and bring it to mommy" at home, plus saw the bottle being shared during gatherings.
I don’t know if I agree with that. Kids in Europe are used to wine being around even for meals but they have less alcohol issues with teens than we do. I think she didn’t realized it was alcohol or what alcohol even is. There is no reason to assume her parents asked her to bring them the bottle or did anything wrong. The problem wasn’t drinking in front of her, but her being able to access it.

Old 04-17-2022, 08:12 AM

30,675 posts, read 18,301,918 times
From the video (I watched via closed captioning without sound), it seems like the girl did know that it was alcohol and that this is what prompted another classmate to go to the teacher

Again, only from the closed captioning observations, it seems that there is a narrative that the girl was drinking the thing like it was Kool Aid, so I'm inclined to agree with AntonioR's observation.

Old 04-17-2022, 08:16 AM

29,528 posts, read 22,724,849 times
And always blame the teachers but not the parents.

Old 04-17-2022, 08:36 AM

23,891 posts, read 33,633,562 times
The girl who brought it in knew it was alcohol, told one kid after she got her to drink some. Did that 5 year old understand what alcohol is except an adult drink? Probably not. My grand kids wouldn't understand it at that age.

Wish people who make threads would post articles instead of just a you tube. Some of us don't have sound.

Kindergartner brings Jose Cuervo margaritas to snack time at Livonia school

Quote:
Their daughters were each given what they thought was juice during snack time. In reality, they were drinking Jose Cuervo margarita mix at snack time, brought by a fellow kindergartner.

Alexis Smith's kindergartner had a Dixie cup full of the mixed tequila drink and said she had 4 or 5 sips. Smith and another mom, Dominique Zanders, were baffled when they learned what happened.

"She felt woozy, a little dizzy," Zanders said.

Their daughters were each given what they thought was juice during snack time. In reality, they were drinking Jose Cuervo margarita mix at snack time, brought by a fellow kindergartner.

"The girl poured it in her cup and she drank it and the girl ended up telling her what it is, and she went and told the teacher there is liquor in this cup, and the teacher gave her a funny face," Zanders said.

Last edited by Roselvr; 04-17-2022 at 09:05 AM..

Old 04-17-2022, 09:38 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,158,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
The girl who brought it in knew it was alcohol, told one kid after she got her to drink some. Did that 5 year old understand what alcohol is except an adult drink? Probably not. My grand kids wouldn't understand it at that age.

Wish people who make threads would post articles instead of just a you tube. Some of us don't have sound.

Kindergartner brings Jose Cuervo margaritas to snack time at Livonia school

I agree with the bolded.

I'm the opposite. I wish more people would post links to youtubes because I'm usually on my phone and it's a huge battery drain to pull up some of those news site links. I do post a description instead of just a video link.

Old 04-17-2022, 11:47 AM

9,209 posts, read 6,254,342 times
The parents were "outraged".

Seems that there is a lot of outrage around these days. Maybe the parents should be more concerned and less outraged.

Old 04-17-2022, 12:07 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,239,289 times
Those kids must have tough palates. I couldn't stand the taste of alcohol when I was little.

Old 04-17-2022, 12:21 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,449,975 times
The child shouldn't of shared her alcoholic beverages with the other children. It's illegal here in the US to drink alcohol if you are under the age of 21.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events