Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2022, 09:38 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTU2 View Post
It was a non unanimous lengthy opinion, but they could have easily ruled the Exclusionary Rule was not applicable here, as it is not absolute in nature, and 42 pounds of Pot, IMO, warrants the ER void under any non egregious Constitutional analysis.

Thanks, I agree, it's 42 POUNDS, not a few ounces. He is a pretty big time pot dealer

Interesting that when I google either of their names, only one article from 2018 comes up. Apparently she was charged too. They had 37 vacuum sealed bags of pot. That's a lot of pot!

Two Charged After Marijuana Bust Near Cheyenne - Published: September 4, 2018

Quote:
A Wilmington, North Carolina woman and Wheeling, West Virginia man are facing felony drug charges after a Cheyenne-area trooper found 42 pounds of marijuana in their SUV.

The traffic stop led to a search of the SUV and 37 vacuum sealed packages of marijuana were found in luggage in the rear cargo area.

charged with possession with intent to deliver marijuana and felony possession of marijuana. If convicted, they could each face up to 15 years in prison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2022, 09:56 PM

1,037 posts, read 435,076 times
Right rosey, where is the bulk amount drawn at to not be suppressed, 42 pounds, 200,1,000, a ton?

Old 04-29-2022, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Right rosey, where is the bulk amount drawn at to not be suppressed, 42 pounds, 200,1,000, a ton?

The more I think about it, the more ridiculous it is, especially after what you said to me. I guess we are the odd balls here who think he should have been charged. I consider this 42 pounds to be a large load. As I've said what if it was heroine or fentanyl would they have also gotten off? I think majority may think that it's "only pot" which is legal in a few states. Mine included because NJ loves to be able to tax something.

Speaking of legal pot, I read they're getting between $300 to $500 for an ounce of pot here at the dispensary. I googled to find the street price which is below. It sounds high to me since you can buy it legally for the same price in some places.

It also has prices for a pound, when you think about 42 pounds of pot in terms of money, you're talking over $80,000 in that now non bust.

LTU2 had said to me, what if the cop would have found a dead body in the car instead of pot? So now criminals can get off easily due to this law?

To the people who think the court got it right How would you feel that these two got off on having a dead body in their car, a dead body of a person that at least one of them probably killed?

Google answer when I asked legal ounce price in NJ

Quote:
How much marijuana costs in New Jersey. New Jersey has some of the highest cannabis prices in the country, according to the state's CRC. In 2021, the price of 1 ounce of weed in New Jersey ranged from $320 to $480.

How Much Does Marijuana Cost On The Street?

Quote:
The cost of marijuana on the street can vary, mostly related to its location of sale. Generally, you can find marijuana for about $10-$20 a gram.

Since a gram has enough marijuana for about two small joints, you could say that a single dose of marijuana will almost always stay under $5-$10.

Even in places where marijuana is illegal, it is still one of the easiest street drugs to gain access to. This is likely why it tends to stay so affordable and common.

Whether marijuana is legal locally will also affect the price of both legal and illegal marijuana in that region.

An ounce of marijuana will typically cost about $250-$300.

A pound of marijuana will typically cost about $2,000-$3,000.

Old 04-29-2022, 06:23 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
[quote=riffwraith;63338850]While I agree that drug law enforcement has not been a rousing success (blame the Dems open border policy for a HUGE part of that), but how are cops contributing to the problem?[/quote]First of all, this is NOT a 'democrat problem'...drugs have flooded into the country for decades, despite which party has held the POTUS office, even when Trump was in office, the Heroin epidemic was raging.

(That, imo, is a major indicator of 'COLLUSION').

The other thing...the police are guilty for their continued AGGRESSIVE enforcement of drug laws...which are technically a violation of the Constitution...(but like Ive said before, police and many citizens PERSONALLY believe 'drug laws' need to be aggressively enforced...so they tolerate the violation.)

Law enforcement is also guilty on another aspect...'their' opinion is that drug laws NEED to be aggressively enforced, (they have lied to the public about this for many years now), even though the past decades prove that these laws are not effective in the slightest...so what police are doing, is justifying to the public that drug laws should always be aggressively enforced, (even if the laws dont even work)...Hmmm, now why in the world would 'police' feel that way I wonder? LOL...

Police are acting the same way they did as the 1930s and 40s...they are LYING about the dangers of drugs, in order to continue aggressive enforcement.

Old 04-29-2022, 07:04 AM

17,302 posts, read 22,039,209 times
The defendant was in disagreement with the arrest from the scene:
Levenson asked that the marijuana not be admitted as evidence, arguing the traffic stop was unreasonable and that the trooper’s own driving created a safety hazard. The state district court rejected the request

Old 04-29-2022, 07:05 AM

17,302 posts, read 22,039,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Thanks, I agree, it's 42 POUNDS, not a few ounces. He is a pretty big time pot dealer

Interesting that when I google either of their names, only one article from 2018 comes up. Apparently she was charged too. They had 37 vacuum sealed bags of pot. That's a lot of pot!

You realize that amount could be kept in a single suitcase right?

Old 04-29-2022, 07:53 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,579,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
While 42lbs of pot is a lot like you said it could be a single suitcase/large bag, possibly two. It’s not like the car had to be packed to the roof with bundles of pot

For reference 2mm in hundreds is about the same weight

Old 04-29-2022, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post

What does the size have to do with it?

I also commented about how much money it's worth on the street.

Old 04-30-2022, 01:50 PM

2,893 posts, read 2,141,584 times
Quote:
the line is drawn at legally obtained evidence.

Old 05-01-2022, 07:35 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,210,944 times
Doesn’t matter if it was 42 grams or 4200 pounds. The ends don’t justify the means if the means are unlawful. That’s NOT how it works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events