Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2022, 03:17 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,941,474 times

Advertisements

Rural drug activity is typically associated more with the actual making/growing of illicit substances than with dealing. I recall a lot of drug busts in rural Oregon where guard dogs were indeed part of the picture.

The city dweller who's dealing doesn't need dogs to keep prying eyes away the way someone cooking meth does.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ural-meth-labs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2022, 03:33 PM

2,042 posts, read 1,768,630 times
I'm not here to protect the dog's owner, he should be eligible for the maximum penalty, the same way as any killer using a firearm or a machete.

The part I don't understand why would an experienced officer enter into this situation without wearing body armor like all men do in Schutzhund training, and a loaded shotgun or an AR 15.

Last edited by mgforshort; 05-04-2022 at 04:00 PM..

Old 05-04-2022, 04:29 PM
KCZ

4,696 posts, read 3,725,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
I'm not here to protect the dog's owner, he should be eligible for the maximum penalty, the same way as any killer using a firearm or a machete.

The part I don't understand why would an experienced officer enter into this situation without wearing body armor like all men do in Schutzhund training, and a loaded shotgun or an AR 15.

If you're referring to the woman that died, she was a public health worker who went there to ask if the dogs had had their rabies shots following the first victim's injuries. Apparently the police had never been called before about the dogs until they were called about the dead woman's car being left there. It would seem prudent that a public health rep be required to go with an animal control officer in cases of dog bites.

Old 05-04-2022, 05:25 PM

2,760 posts, read 1,248,901 times
I goofed the sign was in the video I posted at 2:52 Be warned though that she looks really chewed up without the bandages on.

Old 05-04-2022, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
They’re all bad, look at Kayleen Waltman, the poor woman who had her arms ripped off. The idiot who has those dogs should spend a couple of decades in jail. The legal system needs to start taking the rights of innocent people seriously.
I remember reading about that. The only thing she was lucky about was that at least someone was able to help.

No sooner that I read about that horrible attack I see a video about Jacqueline Durand. That poor young lady had her whole life ahead of her. Her face is horribly disfigured, her lips are gone. Jesus she was lucky the security alarm was triggered or she would have been killed.

Old 05-04-2022, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I agree. Last year a toddler was murdered in his own back yard, and mom in critical condition after trying to get the dogs (2) off of him, after they dug under their fence and attacked him. The mom had complained several times to the neighbor about the dogs vicious behavior whenever the kids were outside but the owner blew her off repeatedly. The family of the toddler were immigrants who had only recently moved in. It was their first house and they were so proud and happy. After the father refused to ever set foot in the house again. Ten year old brother witnessed the entire thing from a window. No charges were brought against the dogs owners.
Are you freaking kidding me!!!! Why the hell not!!! Those dogs should have been chained in their yard not just loose even with the fence closed they can and do get out. I would have sued that owner as high as my lawyer said I can.

Old 05-04-2022, 06:47 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,941,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
Are you freaking kidding me!!!! Why the hell not!!! Those dogs should have been chained in their yard not just loose even with the fence closed they can and do get out. I would have sued that owner as high as my lawyer said I can.
I know. Pretty sure she's talking about this case. The only thing I can say, and it's not in defense of the decision not to prosecute, is that dog bite/attack law in most states hinges on whether the animal(s) had exhibited aggressive behavior in the past.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/nati...d-mom/2975985/

Old 05-04-2022, 09:54 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,156,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I agree. Last year a toddler was murdered in his own back yard, and mom in critical condition after trying to get the dogs (2) off of him, after they dug under their fence and attacked him. The mom had complained several times to the neighbor about the dogs vicious behavior whenever the kids were outside but the owner blew her off repeatedly. The family of the toddler were immigrants who had only recently moved in. It was their first house and they were so proud and happy. After the father refused to ever set foot in the house again. Ten year old brother witnessed the entire thing from a window. No charges were brought against the dogs owners.
What a disgusting story. Maybe because the family were immigrants, they didn’t know how to pursue. It’s almost impossible to believe the dog owners got off with nothing. That’s why these outdated laws need to be changed.

Old 05-05-2022, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I know. Pretty sure she's talking about this case. The only thing I can say, and it's not in defense of the decision not to prosecute, is that dog bite/attack law in most states hinges on whether the animal(s) had exhibited aggressive behavior in the past.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/nati...d-mom/2975985/
Well then does that apply to human attacking another human, of course not. So I don't see why that can't be fought. Even if the dog doesn't have a history of biting and or attacking it still happened to a human who got attacked.

I would not give two you know what's what the law says had that been my 3 year old. I would fight that, find a loophole somewhere to make the owner responsible. Dogs should be chained in a fenced in yard. Especially when the owner is not in the yard with them. I would fight to get that law changed. Shame the parents can't do that. I hope some day soon someone does in all states.

Old 05-05-2022, 11:05 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,326,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Well I live in rural TN. I have known various people who dealt drugs for about 40 years. I also know people who have lots of dog, who dont BTW deal drugs. I also lived in the city and knew of many people who sold drugs and people who owned many dogs, not the same people. My question was to the poster who proclaimed especially rural drug dealers keep packs of vicious dogs.

Havent you heard drug operations are also based in metro and urban areas. Or that dog attacks happen in metro and urban areas.
So you know a lot of rural drug operations having packs of vicious dogs?

I heard about this one............................................... ........................
I heard about this from the very upset person who killed the dog. This person had no reason to lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events