Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2022, 02:16 PM

10,622 posts, read 7,842,942 times

Advertisements

Good to see a serious charge levied against the negligent party. Dog ownership in this country seems to have gone nuts in the last few years. Not surprisingly there are many irresponsible owners out there,with this one possibly the worst offender.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/alabama...wkS2PST-prY5wQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2022, 02:54 PM

30,368 posts, read 23,836,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
Good to see a serious charge levied against the negligent party. Dog ownership in this country seems to have gone nuts in the last few years. Not surprisingly there are many irresponsible owners out there,with this one possibly the worst offender.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/alabama...wkS2PST-prY5wQ
"...7 of the dogs..." attacked deputies. Bloody hell, how many dogs did she have.

Most dog owners should not have a dog. Beyond that, others should have no more than 1 dog. If they know a lot about dogs and how they work, think, and react, then maybe 2. But once people have more than 2, they have created a dog pack in their home. Considering most people are stupid when it comes to dogs, that makes it dangerous for anyone in that area where the owner lives.

Farmers, sheep herders, etc may have multiple dogs, but you'll never see them treating those dogs like they are children, or with no training at all. Those are the only types of people who may have multiple dogs - the ones who do understand dogs, who work those dogs, who have a mutual respect between them and the dog, and are not just collecting them for whatever reason it is that people collect dogs. (That goes for 'rescues', as well, who are so militant that they reject almost everyone to adopt, and just keep the dogs themselves.)

Despite what some nutters out there think, dogs do live in packs, whether that pack be a human pack, or it be multiple dogs in the household dog pack. And if you are not the leader of that pack, you're going to have huge problems.

I agree with the charges - manslaughter. Stop collecting animals and not properly taking care of them. I don't know if the neighbor was correct - that the dogs were malnourished or neglected (food wise), but it's very clear that this dumb owner didn't know enough about dogs, and her stupidity got someone in the ICU, and another killed.

She can read all about dogs and training while she's sitting in prison.

I really wish that people would learn about dogs if they want or already have a dog. Stop anthropomorphizing animals. I can play around with my dog, pretend I'm speaking for her, but I never, ever forget that she's a dog. And my boy dog taught me a whole lot more than most people will ever learn about dogs, including the fact that it doesn't matter how many years he spent alongside cats, it doesn't mean jack all.

Keep your dog contained at all times. The dog can be off leash IF you have 100% obedience and recall. Way too many people think they have recall down, but they don't. Many think their dogs are trained, but they aren't. If your dog is not following what you say, because it wants to, out of respect, then your dog is not trained.

If you aren't around, the dog needs to be in the house or behind a tall fence, (higher than 6 feet), that goes far down into the ground so that the dog cannot dig its way out. How many homes do you think have those kinds of fences.

With some deliveries I do, I see giant dogs in the yard, snarling and barking at me, and they are behind short, 4 feet chain link fences. Guess where you order is going. At the end of the driveway. I am not bringing it to your door if you're too stupid to keep your dogs securely contained. Almost every dog out there, if it really wanted to, can jump a 4 foot fence.

Same goes with screen doors. You may be home, but there's your dog, at the door, only a screen separating us....and you're nowhere near that dog. Again, guess where you order is going?

And stop saying, 'My dog won't bite'. If that animal has teeth, that animal can bite.

I see videos of stupid humans putting their babies right next to dogs, or allowing small children to climb all over the dog. The dog is whale eyed, licking its lips constantly, and the dumb humans just keep filming.

Old 05-02-2022, 03:22 PM

2,467 posts, read 2,500,438 times
A lot of drug dealers keep a pack of vicious dogs. This is especially true in rural areas. I would suspect that what's going on here.

Old 05-02-2022, 03:46 PM
KCZ

4,689 posts, read 3,699,760 times
More here. The first woman who was attacked had life-threatening injuries requiring helicopter evacuation. The dogs also attacked another man in the aftermath of the second attack. They apparently weren't licensed nor had they received their shots. Most have now been put down by neighbors. The owner is out on bail.

Dowdy released Monday afternoon on $60,000 bond for manslaughter | Franklin Free Press

Old 05-02-2022, 06:38 PM

2,716 posts, read 1,219,821 times
I'm curious as to what breed of dogs did this vicious attack?

Old 05-03-2022, 12:46 PM

36,711 posts, read 31,008,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
A lot of drug dealers keep a pack of vicious dogs. This is especially true in rural areas. I would suspect that what's going on here.
You know a lot of drug dealers in rural areas?

Old 05-03-2022, 01:15 PM

15,722 posts, read 9,560,867 times
That low life excuse for a human should not have been released on bail, specially not just $60,000

Old 05-03-2022, 01:42 PM

23,447 posts, read 19,098,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Haven't you ever heard of drug operations being deliberately based on rural properties or remote public land? There are fewer prying eyes in places like that to notice or care about what's going on!

Old 05-03-2022, 01:51 PM

15,722 posts, read 9,560,867 times
Quote:
Come to my part of South Carolina. I will open your eyes.

Old 05-03-2022, 01:58 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,252,744 times
Quote:
I heard about a drug dealer in WA who kept vicious dogs in his rural area. A nearby homeowner shot one of the rampaging dogs because it was attacking his chickens. So yes, these guys exist. They are a menace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events