Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2022, 11:04 PM
KCZ

4,663 posts, read 3,658,309 times

Advertisements

A few years ago, a female prison employee at Dannemora helped 2 convicted murderers escape, prompting a massive manhunt before they were located 3 weeks later. She was allegedly having sexual relationships with both of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2022, 12:10 AM

16,543 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I purposely changed the title from that of the article:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...91a1888fce37a2

First the case in Alabama, now this. What is it with these women who are paid to guard the criminals in their jails, but instead break them out? What could have possibly led this young woman to think that it would be a good idea to let these three dangerous criminals out of jail? I have my theories, but they aren't PC, so I'm going to keep my trap shut.
Great idea for a thread, but why post it in CE section, instead of P&C section to where you/we can discuss non-PC views?

Old 05-16-2022, 12:21 AM

16,543 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timaea View Post
Proof that gender dynamics can't be avoided when you throw men and women together.

I do agree that the caring instinct is more prevalent in women, and that it leads to these romantic entanglements.

I disagree with the stereotype that these women fall for their incarcerated charges because they just like bad boys. I don't even know what that means and would like to have a hard sit down with the person who originated this platitude. Fact is that correctional staff spend the majority of their waking hours with the prisoners. They spend more time with them than they do with their families (realities of our workplace lives). They get to know the inmates very personally, some of which is necessitated by their job. They see them at their best, at their worst and everywhere in between. Sometimes they see them in very vulnerable situations (like talking them out of a suicide plan -- suicide rates are high in prisons and jails). They see them work, eat, pray, go to therapy, go to medical. They read their mail. They dispense their meds. See them naked. Everything that you could possibly imagine knowing about a person, they get to see.

Then they go home to walk the dog, eat dinner, and go to sleep. If their personal lives are empty, it leaves them wide open to form attachments with people they've come to know quite personally.
A hard sit down?

This phenomenon is not new, as I recall a couple of women who voluntarily corresponded with inmates decades ago.
When I confronted one of them, she said she felt sorry for them being all alone, thus empathized with them in the sense she would want someone on the outside to communicate with her, if she was an inmate.

As to female prison guards overseeing male prisoners, like most of the ills of affirmative action, they are ill equipped to deal with male prisoners physically, much less emotionally.

Old 05-16-2022, 05:24 AM

20,620 posts, read 4,409,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
A few years ago, a female prison employee at Dannemora helped 2 convicted murderers escape, prompting a massive manhunt before they were located 3 weeks later. She was allegedly having sexual relationships with both of them.

I still laugh when I think about how most people never heard of Dannemora, or had a clue where it was.

Those guys had under 3 weeks to travel 20 miles to the Canadian Border. They could have easily done that in under 7-10 hours.

Old 05-16-2022, 05:53 AM

3,934 posts, read 2,184,548 times
Well, guess Victoria “the guard†isn’t going to marry any time soon.

https://www.theknot.com/us/victoria-...berts-oct-2022

Old 05-16-2022, 05:55 AM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
She looks pretty pleased with herself in her mugshot.

Who knows what was going through her head at the time.
Pretty sure that's a work ID photo and not her mug shot.

Old 05-16-2022, 06:02 AM

4,991 posts, read 5,282,508 times
I have my theories too... and there are so many possibilities. My overwhelming gut feeling is that she possibly saw them get 'mistreated' in some way. She was in a position to 'help' them out and she did.

Old 05-16-2022, 06:13 AM

9,432 posts, read 5,197,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
She looks pretty pleased with herself in her mugshot.

Who knows what was going through her head at the time.
There was nothing good or intelligent going through her head at the time. What an ignoramus.

Old 05-16-2022, 06:58 AM

8,052 posts, read 7,419,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I purposely changed the title from that of the article:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...91a1888fce37a2
Unlike many young female teachers that "get in trouble", these jail guards are never hot. Disappointing.

Old 05-16-2022, 07:58 AM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Looks like she was engaged to be married October 2022.

https://www.theknot.com/us/victoria-...berts-oct-2022

Interview with her mom out there on youtube that mentions tunes boyfriend may have known these guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU5xTV_xaag
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events