Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2022, 09:22 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,779,489 times

Advertisements

I don't know if this topic has been discussed. The victim is a big muscular man who parked in the parking space belonging to another person. The other person approached the muscular man to complain and was basically told to f off. The big muscular man walked toward the other man as if he was ready to beat up the other man. The other man pulled out a gun and fired one shot at the muscular man. I would have apologized to the other man for parking in his parking space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugtv...t=WL&index=114

Last edited by mjlo; 05-18-2022 at 03:45 AM.. Reason: Language

Old 05-17-2022, 11:33 PM
KCZ

4,667 posts, read 3,662,281 times
I think there's more to this story. There had already been confrontation(s) between the two, and the guy with the gun was obviously nuts, so why antagonize him by parking in his space? Was he trying to start a fight? And the justice system is also nuts for letting the guy out on bail so he could return to living next to the victim and his wife.

Old 05-18-2022, 06:20 AM

19,802 posts, read 9,349,573 times
Sorry, but I have to chime in and tell about an opposite experience that had me literally laughing out loud for more than a minute. I live in Wisconsin, which is known for "Midwest Nice", and I was waiting for my husband who had to go into the local Walgreen's to pick up a prescription. Now before I begin, imagine a backwards L with two perpendicular lines with the vertical line being the parking space in front of the store, and the horizontal line being a parking space out and to the left of the entrance to store. So this is what happened:

1. Two women come out of the store and get into their cars in the parking spaces described above. They both pull out at the exact same time, see the other one pulling out, and then pull back into their spaces.

2. They wait for about 45 seconds (!) and then they both pull out again at the same time, and -- once again -- they see the other one pulling out and, once again, they pull back into their spaces.

3. They wait another 45 seconds, but nothing happens! Neither one pulls out, and then at that time, they both simultaneously turn off their car engines! Finally, after about a half minute, one of the women finally pulls out, and then the other one leaves.

I was still laughing when my husband returned, and I told him, "I just saw the most Wisconsin thing I have ever seen!"

(We have only been living here about two years, and after spending many years in SoCal and metro Denver, I am still amazed at the politeness of Midwesterners! You just don't see that kind of thing in those places -- or at least I didn't!)

Old 05-18-2022, 06:28 AM

5,452 posts, read 6,041,816 times
Lesson learned, park in YOUR designated parking space and avoid gun play.

Old 05-18-2022, 06:44 AM

3,263 posts, read 1,743,884 times
Chest thumpin' behavior from drivers of jacked up trucks. (AKA big penis on wheels). Hardly surprising. Even less surprising when a hoodrat's involved.

Old 05-18-2022, 07:01 AM

16,417 posts, read 12,499,246 times
Unfortunately we're going to see more and more of this with the "everyone should carry" attitudes in our country. Anytime someone gets into an argument, all they have to do is claim that they felt threatened, and then they can shoot.

For the record, I'm not necessarily anti gun. I am against the laissez faire attitudes surrounding guns. Personally think not only should there be required gun safety trainings, there should also be mandated conflict resolution trainings in order to be a licensed carrier. But I also recognize that sadly, that wouldn't have an effect on a lot of people. I wish I knew what the answer was.

Old 05-18-2022, 07:15 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,134,864 times
Not shot over a parking spot. Shot over an attitude. Maybe a tad bit extreme, but truthfully not much sympathy here. People need to stop being entitled jakoffs.

Old 05-18-2022, 08:02 AM

78,354 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Proper response to a neighbor, "sorry, he was just dropping me off. We'll move the truck."

Maybe the neighbor was being an ass about it but with your wife and kid standing there....ugh.

Old 05-18-2022, 08:53 AM

102,195 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I don't know if this topic has been discussed. The victim is a big muscular man who parked in the parking space belonging to another person. The other person approached the muscular man to complain and was basically told to f off. The big muscular man walked toward the other man as if he was ready to beat up the other man. The other man pulled out a gun and fired one shot at the muscular man. I would have apologized to the other man for parking in his parking space.
That's all you would have done, is apologize? You wouldn't have moved your car? That wouldn't have been very neighborly of you. Why would you feel it would be ok to leave your car in someone else's space, especially when that person approached you about it?

Old 05-18-2022, 09:18 AM

5,424 posts, read 3,487,302 times
I didn't listen to the video with sound on, so sorry if this was addressed. Does this complex assign parking spaces to the owners/tenants or are they on a first come / first serve basis?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events