Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2022, 08:48 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times

Advertisements

If proven true, I hope she is fired for cause.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...dhp&li=BBnb7Kz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2022, 09:12 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Yikes. I'm wondering... Could this result in more than just a job loss? Could the dispatcher face criminal charges for their negligence??? Or perhaps they could be sued and forced to pay???

Old 05-18-2022, 09:30 PM

817 posts, read 628,146 times
This is all too common nowadays sadly, recently watched a video about a 911 operator who gave a bad attitude and hung up on a woman drowning in her car during a flood

Old 05-18-2022, 09:42 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Yikes. I'm wondering... Could this result in more than just a job loss? Could the dispatcher face criminal charges for their negligence??? Or perhaps they could be sued and forced to pay???
I doubt it. Others were calling 911 also, and the response was quick.

Old 05-19-2022, 01:41 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times
Quote:

What exactly would they be sued for?

They've been placed on leave, it's very possible they will also be fired unless this is a first offense in their 8 years of working there.

Old 05-19-2022, 01:53 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
What exactly would they be sued for?

They've been placed on leave, it's very possible they will also be fired unless this is a first offense in their 8 years of working there.

I have no idea. McDonald's has been sued because some people don't know how to drink coffee. That never made any sense to me but it happened. A nurse was recently brought to trial for accidentally killing a patient, also workplace negligence.

Since emergency services still arrived promptly, I suppose there would be no case to be made.

Old 05-19-2022, 04:27 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times
Quote:
I have no idea. McDonald's has been sued because some people don't know how to drink coffee. That never made any sense to me but it happened. A nurse was recently brought to trial for accidentally killing a patient, also workplace negligence.

Since emergency services still arrived promptly, I suppose there would be no case to be made.

Hot coffee lawsuits are because the temperature of the coffee is too hot. If I spill my coffee that I made at home, it won't burn me the way some of the people have gotten seriously burned. The newest one, the lid(s) also weren't on right or something like that. The woman was taken to the hospital by an ambulance, treated for 3rd degree burns.

The nurse probably gave the wrong medication if they're being charged with an accidental death.

It's possible the 911 employee will get fired but I'll be surprised if they charge them with a crime because they had multiple phone calls at the same time according to the little I've read about it.

Old 05-19-2022, 04:45 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,473,825 times
Quote:
Forget suing, but pursue criminal charges for sure.

911 is that first step put in place to save us. When the workers fail us because they think we're "wasting their time", termination ain't good enough. Prosecute.

Who can experience the horror of of having a 911 operator hang up on you during an life and death emergency phone call? None of us... and we never should, nor should we ever be concerned about that happening to us in the future. This isn't the first time we've heard about this happening from these 911 operators.

Old 05-19-2022, 06:12 AM

9,456 posts, read 5,216,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NearFantastica View Post
This is all too common nowadays sadly, recently watched a video about a 911 operator who gave a bad attitude and hung up on a woman drowning in her car during a flood
As a former 9-1-1 operator, I completely disagree that this is 'all too common.' (I mistakenly repped your post.)

Edit: from the article: The county spokesperson told Insider that the employee's actions had "no bearing on the dispatching of the call" and that it was dispatched for a police response within 30 seconds.

That spokesperson, as well at the dispatcher, should be fired. They would be where I worked.

Old 05-19-2022, 06:43 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
This just sounds like a case of a really dumb woman.

There was a case a couple years ago, a woman was being mauled to death by dogs and the 911 dispatcher said I can't hear what you're saying, call back when you get the dogs under control, and hung up. Another time a couple teen boys were in a boat off the Florida coast that was sinking, and because after repeated requests to provide a request (they obviously couldn't) the dispatcher couldn't figure out how to fill out the emergency request form, and hung up on them. They were found drowned later.

For all the incredible 911 dispatchers, you get some people who are just stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events