Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2022, 11:46 PM

17,619 posts, read 17,656,125 times

Advertisements

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...g-fbi/2768151/

Because of his money, use of crypto currency, and overseas family connections he was ordered held without bail as he was deemed a flight risk. I hope they can find any of his victims as well as any other predators he may know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2022, 12:51 PM

11,055 posts, read 6,639,868 times
Good.

Who knew "Florida Man" was wealthy?

(more doctors with God complexes)

Old 05-27-2022, 02:50 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,183,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Good.

He wasn't a practicing physician though. He was a little pissant Resident who probably made about $60K working 100 hours per week and can pretty much kiss his career goodbye before it even got started.

But like you, I say "Good".

Old 05-27-2022, 02:51 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Good.

Who knew "Florida Man" had a medical degree?

Old 05-27-2022, 02:59 PM

10,086 posts, read 14,952,774 times
Will Florida get a prize for having the most weird stories in the country?

The Sunshine state keeps bringing them. Maybe it's the sun?

Never would I had thought of seeing doctor and sex trafficking in the same sentence. Florida changed that. lol

Old 05-27-2022, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post

Never would I had thought of seeing doctor and sex trafficking in the same sentence. Florida changed that. lol
I don't think he was a doctor, with an MD degree, I mean. He was only 26. The medical center were he worked called him an intern, IIRC. It's highly unlikely, that someone just 4-5 years out of college would have an MD. Doesn't it take 8 years after the undergrad degree?

Old 05-27-2022, 04:21 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,183,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I don't think he was a doctor, with an MD degree, I mean. He was only 26. The medical center were he worked called him an intern, IIRC. It's highly unlikely, that someone just 4-5 years out of college would have an MD. Doesn't it take 8 years after the undergrad degree?
He was a Resident. A medical degree in the US is a 4 year degree if you go through a traditional path. Not sure whether it was allopathic (MD) or Osteopathic (DO), but that means he's a physician, but in training. If you read he was an Intern, that means it's his first year of Residency (PGY-1) and a residency in emergency medicine is 3-4 years long depending on the program.

If he was a traditional student, he could easily be a PGY-1 or PGY-2 at the age of 26 by finishing Undergrad at 22 (or even 21), followed by 4 years of Med school (finishing at 25-26) and now in his first year of training.

In any event, the description of him as a "doctor" is technically correct, but he's not a fully licensed physician or even anywhere close.

Old 05-27-2022, 04:39 PM

17,166 posts, read 15,373,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post

In any event, the description of him as a "doctor" is technically correct, but he's not a fully licensed physician or even anywhere close.
It makes for some good clickbait though.

Old 05-27-2022, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
He was a Resident. A medical degree in the US is a 4 year degree if you go through a traditional path. Not sure whether it was allopathic (MD) or Osteopathic (DO), but that means he's a physician, but in training. If you read he was an Intern, that means it's his first year of Residency (PGY-1) and a residency in emergency medicine is 3-4 years long depending on the program.

If he was a traditional student, he could easily be a PGY-1 or PGY-2 at the age of 26 by finishing Undergrad at 22 (or even 21), followed by 4 years of Med school (finishing at 25-26) and now in his first year of training.

Thanks for explaining. I think the headline called him a "doctor" just to make the story sound more sensationalistic.

Old 05-27-2022, 09:42 PM

17,302 posts, read 22,030,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post

Look deeper into the story and you usually figure out the "Florida man" was fresh out of another state!

Remember the Massachusetts kid was a medical student and he was beating/killing hookers in high end hotels.

BU medical student arrested in hotel killing, robbery - The Boston Globe

A local dentist got busted leaving his infant baby in a SUV while he was inside a seedy strip club. It was a very rough neighborhood, they regularly had shootings in the parking lot, robberies, definitely NOT the place to leave an infant alone in the dark.

Dr's are people, people make dumb decisions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events